Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Guide to the Ottoman Empire

Default Re: A Guide to the Ottoman Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Timox View Post
    What is the point of giving away whole India to Marathas? Much better to have good relationship with both Indian powers until you annihilate Persia but afterwards I would recomend leaving Mughals alone and focusing on the Marathas (amphibious strike from the south will deal a mighty blow). In later stages of the game Marathas pose a much greater challenge.
    If you are good allies, it is an advantage. You don't have to conquer any lands from india to win the game. Also when you are attacked by western powers why fight on india? I don't think it will be sustainable in a very hard/very hard game.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorziftic View Post
    If you are good allies, it is an advantage. You don't have to conquer any lands from india to win the game. Also when you are attacked by western powers why fight on india? I don't think it will be sustainable in a very hard/very hard game.
    It may be true on VH/VH but on H/H it is really worthwhile - India is filthy rich and even in 1.5 I haven't seen any European faction trying cross-theater invasions. If you are going for Global Domination that's the place to start.
    In addition in my experience Marathas will always declare war if you share a common border.

Quote Originally Posted by Timox View Post
    It may be true on VH/VH but on H/H it is really worthwhile - India is filthy rich and even in 1.5 I haven't seen any European faction trying cross-theater invasions. If you are going for Global Domination that's the place to start.
    In addition in my experience Marathas will always declare war if you share a common border.
    what is 1.5? sorry im new to empire and TWC

1.5 is the latest patch version, and maratha didnt declare war on me (i am in year 1750 now)

Quote Originally Posted by gregorziftic View Post
    1.5 is the latest patch version, and maratha didnt declare war on me (i am in year 1750 now)
    oh right, how do i get the new patch version? whats are the differences with it?

You should have the original version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ottomanfan View Post
    oh right, how do i get the new patch version? whats are the differences with it?
    If you have toggled automatic updates from steam you should have it. If you are unsure what version/patch you have installed just look in the left down corner in the starting menu. There will be a text wich says "v.1.5" or some other number depending on your version.

Well, the difference is mostly that cavalry can fire on the move and some other small changes but i think the cavalry firing from horseback is the most apparent one. This acctually comes with patch 1.4 but I saw no difference between patch 1.4 and 1.5 as 1.5 came very quickly after 1.4
    Last edited by SODK; November 21, 2009 at 02:47 PM.

The most important change is that with 1.5 AI can make amphibious assaults.

ah ok thanks guys...

started my ottoman campagn on hard/hard and literally everyone declares war on you within 4 turns - Venice, Austria, Poland-lithuania, France, Russia, Persia, Georgia - u have no troops hardly , u cant get many trade deals no matter what u offer them cos they all want war and u get hardly any tax money cos most of your cities are damn poor ...

seems impossible guys LOL any tips??? (maybe start it again and hope they dont all declare war on me??LOL)

uzi716's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by ottomanfan View Post
    ah ok thanks guys...

started my ottoman campagn on hard/hard and literally everyone declares war on you within 4 turns - Venice, Austria, Poland-lithuania, France, Russia, Persia, Georgia - u have no troops hardly , u cant get many trade deals no matter what u offer them cos they all want war and u get hardly any tax money cos most of your cities are damn poor ...

seems impossible guys LOL any tips??? (maybe start it again and hope they dont all declare war on me??LOL)
    I got lucky and didn't have war in Europe until 1740 and by then I was just unstoppable. If your still early start over and make Georgia or Dagestan your protectorate. Then attack Persia, in Europe always be on the defensive and never provoke wars.

Study a lot of industrial and farming techs along with military

Quote Originally Posted by uzi716 View Post
    I got lucky and didn't have war in Europe until 1740 and by then I was just unstoppable. If your still early start over and make Georgia or Dagestan your protectorate. Then attack Persia, in Europe always be on the defensive and never provoke wars.

Study a lot of industrial and farming techs along with military

It wasnt a matter of "provoking" anything, almost instant declarations of war from everyone lol i tried to stay on the defensive but that still doesnt work cos soon enough all your ports are blockaded, u have no trade money and your bankrupt, i tried it again and the exact same happened, u dont have the time or money to build any economic improvements.... i think i will stick to normal/normal or normal/hard...

It wasnt a matter of "provoking" anything, almost instant declarations of war from everyone lol i tried to stay on the defensive but that still doesnt work cos soon enough all your ports are blockaded, u have no trade money and your bankrupt, i tried it again and the exact same happened, u dont have the time or money to build any economic improvements.... i think i will stick to normal/normal or normal/hard...
    Limit your war declarations to people with no allies or only one ally, and keep your cities garrisoned.
    The two main reasons for war declarations are
    a.) you have an easily taken territory within AI reach
    b.) your at war with one of their friends
    "Advice for the day: If you have a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: Take two, and KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN."

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

not anymore. Britain declared war on me in turn 2 despite having friendly relations and a trade agreement. i think having the barbary states count as an actual faction for diplomacy now ed over the ottoman campaign.

Stay inside the city, let them pillage the area around until you get your reinforcements. Don't rebuild anything before they are all gone.

EDIT: Sry, i think this post came a bit late...

How can i delete it?
    Last edited by YourDentist; December 19, 2009 at 06:10 AM.

Hi everyone.
    I am playing Ottoman empire in World domination at very hard settings for both battle anda campaign. After getting beaten over and over many times, I discovered the cure!

In the first turn; sell Moldavia to russians and get 5.000 bucks and peace treaty. Then again sell Armenia to iranians and get 5.000 bucks , alliance and trade agreement. Last , sell bosnia , bulgaria, serbia and greece to Mughal empire. You will be paid at least 12.000 bucks. Now go to ministers panel fire your head and treasure guys and replace the head with the 4 star candidate and replace the treasure with the candidate having "industrial revolutinary".
    Go to Baghdad and start building a barracks. and also start building dhows in the basta port. Take your whole army and diret them to basra.
    Go to diplomacy panel and start signing trade agreements to everyone available. You have pay bucks to some nations, otherwise sell your technologies. any way, you will have a 6.000 bucks surplus in the end.
    Now find your scholar in anatolia, place him inside the school there and start researching "plug bayonet.
    Go to Egpyt. Destroy the coffe house there.
    Now go to Baghdad again. And destroy the madrassa. You will build schools in the both region
    Now end the first turn.
    Second turn. Build your schools in egpyt and baghdad. Do not build anything. You will need the money later. All the trick depends on having at least 20.000 bucks in treasury when you go to war.
    Later, when the barracks in baghdad get completed, start building cemaat janissaries there. In the end you will have two full stacks of armies. I mean you must.
    And now board this armies into dhows. Set sail to MYSORE. Land and invade Mysore. Remember, not Maratha, Mysore. When mysore is conquered, directly and without warning, attack carnatica. After 20 turns Maratha will be defeated. You will have at least 4 regions in Indıa. Your surplus of money will be 15.000. And then enjoy the game!

Fire-dweller's Avatar Civis

CA should have added the Arabian Peninsula and the Horn of Africa. The Ottomans were deeply involved there and the holy sites should be portrayed in Mecca, Medina, and elsewhere throughout the world.

I'll go to constantinople...
    What the hell happened to this WORLD?

Sparkshot's Avatar Biarchus

Shouldn't this guide be unstickyed our at least updated because a lot of things have changed since Empire's original release?

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

Good guide but I was wondering one of my favorite things to do I Empire is to establish,fight for,and civilize colonies across the globe are the Ottomans good for this? and if they are were should I go?
    Last edited by Princess Cadance; February 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM.

Gaizokubanou's Avatar Biarchus
    United States, New Jersey (That's East Coast)

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio the Taxiarch View Post
    Shouldn't this guide be unstickyed our at least updated because a lot of things have changed since Empire's original release?
    Yeah this guides need a huge overhaul...

Every single game I played as Ottoman Empire, if I don't landlock myself against Austria using the sell province trick that others have posted here, the very first turn Austria demands eastern europe or go to war, and if I give them the land they want, they will simply DoW on me the very next turn, making any sort of peace dealing non existent.

Not to mention Persia always DoW me in 2nd turn, and scavange up about 4 units + general to my nearest city by third turn...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast