Thread: Civil War: Bull Run

Default Civil War: Bull Run

The game by Mad minute games, which has been mentioned here before, now has a demo out. Go and check out the site. MadMinuteGames.

It is not a detailed as Rome Total War nor as does it have the superb graphics but its $20 (or about £15 with import tax in proper money) and its well worth the money. The game play is challenging and fun and the AI is good. Its made by two independant developers which it would be great to support.

Give the demo a try anyway and it may surprise you. I had no real interest in the ACW before this game and now I'm hooked.

LLXerxes's Avatar Semisalis

Is it just for Bull Run, Bull Run + other vital battles (monitor & merrimak, gettysburg, vicksburg) or for the whole war? I'd rather it be the last.
    Music 1Music 2Pictures 1Pictures 2
    Now Reading: Wiliam Golding - Lord of the Flies

It is just 1st Bull Run (with some modders working on 2nd BR). Although the game covers one battle it breaks it down into various actions. The actions can be fought at various levels from brigade, division, corps to Army. So you can fight one small bit upto the whole thing. Its very replayable as its not scripted and does have good AI. Plus there are a number of user scenarios out too. Good value for $20. Its the first of a series too.

Gelatinous Cube's Avatar Ducenarius

I can vouch for this being an excellent game.
    Cube: I want a sign from god, in special godly ink, proving his existence.
    Poets: What if you have to take it on Faith?
    Cube: Bah, no deal. That's like a crack-head asking for $5 on Credit.

Civitate

I'm stunned. This is the first demo I've ever played that convinced me to buy the game. Looks like a gem for the price. Don't miss the demo, fellas.
    I'd rather be historically accurate, than be politically correct.