Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possibly Illyrians?

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Icon5 Possibly Illyrians?

I was digging through the posts from this sub-forum and found something interesting, a proposal to add Illyria. It may be old, and it's probalbly been turned into the Celtic Tribes faction (Which I don't think is working as it should, but that's possibly on easier difficulties, by not attacking the other barbarians), and anyway, I still want to see an Illyrian faction, possibly for Sons of Mars or Phyrric Wars, or perhaps a possible "barbarian wars" campaign that focusses on the Aedui in Italy, the Getae in the Transylvanian Alps and the Celtic Tribes (Or maybe renamed in the campaign to Independent Tribes or Germanic Barbarian Confederation) from Germany and Modern-day Austria, and Illyria would be placed in a hard spot in the center of all this mess. But it's just an idea, and will maybe get moved to suggestions, but please acknowledge this still.

Fireward77's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Possibly Illyrians?

I like the Barbarian Wars Provincial Campaign Idea!

The idea to use the Celtic Tribes to represent an Illyrian Kingdom isn't bad! As now they are not even used in the Pyrrhic Wars campaign, they may be included for this purpose...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    The idea to use the Celtic Tribes to represent an Illyrian Kingdom isn't bad! As now they are not even used in the Pyrrhic Wars campaign, they may be included for this purpose...
    Thing is Spartan is that you may need to give a unique roster so that the Celtics could use for this campaign only. The roster would be perhaps a hybrid of Getae and Thrace's barbarian rosters, with new units just to add diversity (Perhaps more skirmishers, some light melee fighters, but no phalanxes, they didn't have those, but knew how to counter them). I was also looking at a map, and Illyria had some small colonies on the Adriatic coast of Italy I think, that maybe should be represented aswell?
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; June 08, 2009 at 03:08 PM.

The problem is that since RedFox will no longer be able to work on this mod, I doubt that can be done. I can do only coding and a little of mapping, I have no skill to create brand new units.

The problem is that since RedFox will no longer be able to work on this mod, I doubt that can be done. I can do only coding and a little of mapping, I have no skill to create brand new units.
    Hmmm

Perhaps use Getae's sicklemen and Thrace's bastarnae falxmen, Thorikitai and skirmishers and merge them into CT's unit roster and somehow make them an AOR unit that can only be trained in every province of PW but that's it?
    Either that, or recruit more guys. But why is RedFox leaving?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253150

Here he explains why he is leaving

Oh, but there must be others willing to cary on Diadochi, and it's not fully balanced yet. If I knew how to mod RTW, then I would join. But that is a shame, hopefully he'll have time on breaks and stuff to work on it every now and again.

I am the last one remaining of the DTW team, I will not give up, but after RedFox's "departure" I don't know how much I can do. But this mod will not be left on its own, I will continue to work on it, for the bit I can do is worth...

Primicerius

Is RedFox fully gone already? Or is he continuing to do sporadic work? He will truly be missed...

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

I'm pretty much almost completely gone.

Primicerius

Noooooooo!!.... Wait a minute, I still see you.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    I'm pretty much almost completely gone.
    Come on! This is the greatest mod ever, and I mean it. It was so good I recommended it to a friend of mine! Stay, please. Atleast get a few guys to work on making new Illyrian units...

The decision has already been made. You guys should be happy I bothered sticking around so long and released v1.0. I'm already busy with another project and real-life issues.
    Last edited by RedFox; June 11, 2009 at 06:15 AM.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

We most definitely are happy. But can't we still beg and plead with you to stay?

RedFox, can you PM instructions to make installs? So that I can continue to fix bugs, issues and publish new patches in .exe instead of .rar archives?

Aww damn, Illyria will not have unique units then? Spartan, better start recruiting new, dedicayed guys.

I already uploaded the NSIS scripts to the repository ages ago. All you need to do is install the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System and figure out the rest yourself.

Thanks, I hope to understand how to make it work!

If you come online on xfire or MSN, I can tell you how to do it all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast