Thread: The Temporary Skin

Default The Temporary Skin

Alrighty, I have enabled the skin I am working on right now.

I can see a lot of people dislike the default skin that comes with install so here is what I am working on.

In no way is this skin done until I say so. If you have suggestions please post them.

If you dislike what I am working on then you can switch to the default vbulletin one until this one is done.

Now it is 2 am here right now as I am taking a break from skinning to make this post about the current skin in works. I would hope this just shows you that we are dedicated to this site. This also is not my only job, I have a full time job where I work at an undisclosed company. At that company I work pretty much every day and then I work on the network here.

So I would appreciate if people would calm down a tad bit about the skin. We have made numerous posts around the forums explaining what the situation is.

As I have stated before, the only reason I enabled this skin is to make you guys more happy.
    Last edited by Besim; June 01, 2005 at 01:58 AM.

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

perhaps a darker box where the text is displayed - it seems a little anaemic (Sp?) right now
    Last edited by Marshal Qin; June 01, 2005 at 01:55 AM. Reason: spelling dammit!
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

VAST improvement over default. Thank You.

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

lecnac's Avatar Civis

My eyes like it! The rest of me too!

Thank you for doing this, Besim! There are many people who apreciate what you guys are doing, but as always: expressing content is in contrast to expressing dissent, something unusual to societly. ^_^
    Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Personally, I hate it. But this is a temporary skin right? It looks like the org.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

madd069's Avatar Biarchus

Here are some changes I would like to see:

-As Qin said, a darker box where the text appears.
    -A easy-to-see seperation beetween stickies and reglar poss
    -Some kind of pictures for stickies instead of the word "sticky"
    -The old pictures for triumvirate, questor, etc.
    -This is small but ill say it. Change User CP to User Options or something like that

I will add more later

When i was making my sig or right now when i am writing this ost, the font icons and other icons turn black when my mouse goes over them. Anyone else have this problem?
    Last edited by madd069; June 01, 2005 at 10:34 AM.

smack's Avatar Complaints Department

Quote Originally Posted by madd069
    When i was making my sig or right now when i am writing this ost, the font icons and other icons turn black when my mouse goes over them. Anyone else have this problem?
    Now, but occasionally the text options do not work for me either. I have always found this to be true on rare occasion with richtext formatting graphical schemes or html formatting graphical interfaces using Firefox. Just a rare blip for me though.

As to suggestions, I agree with yours too. Good ones. Thanks again Besim. I think the site right now already looks better than the last site. Very nice.

In patronicum svb: Spartan
    Patronum celcum quo: teecee, Old Celt, SigniferOne
    If you dare: My Journal or If you care: The Price Tag

madd069's Avatar Biarchus

First, I would like to congratulate Mithras for his hard work in renewing this site.

I will take a screenshot of the black icons in a few minutes.

Another change i would like to see:

-The titles of each forum(Bellum Totam, Workshop, etc.) have wierd fonts IMO. I think the fonts need to be a thicker and bigger(not font size. Hope this makes sense!

we51ey2's Avatar Artifex

Currently hating the new boards, the old ones were so much better on the eyes. I know you had to change due to the recent attacks, but will we ever see a skin like the old boards had? For now, even the .org is easier on the eyes

In patronicum sub Seleucos I Nicator

Mithras's Avatar Missing in action

We are already working on the skin.. you can choose it in your options.
    "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake."

Ex-Ogresnet Administrator & Server Manager.
    Private in the Canadian Armed Forces

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Much better! Thanks a ton. A few things I noticed:

1) The area surrounding where you type your message is blue, presumably a holdover from the old color scheme. The Additional Options and Quick Reply boxes are also blue.

2) The icon for a hot topic that you've posted in is the default vB one, rather than the expected "reddish envelope with a straight arrow."

Also, could we have our old white dots instead of the arrows for topics we've posted in? The arrows tend to put me in mind of a moved topic, not a posted-in topic.

-Simetrical
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

Carousel's Avatar Need help? Ask me! Hit PM

Great work Besim, especially love how you've seperated sticky and regulat topics.

My one suggestion: On the forum tree overview the box containing the last post date/name etc. is a bit scrunched up causing the headings to be extremely fat/tall. Any way to widen the last post date/name box to make the sub forum boxes a bit slimmer?
    Extremely grateful and indebted to my friend and patron: Spartan
    Patron of Ardeur

Mithras's Avatar Missing in action

We will try and finish the skin tonight.
    "You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake."

Ex-Ogresnet Administrator & Server Manager.
    Private in the Canadian Armed Forces

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

Great job, I know that the only reason why you did this was because you were trying to help. I'm sure that we all appreciate it.

However, we will see the old one, right? I don't have any problems with this, its fine right now, but I liked the old one much more. So will it ever come back?

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

I a sorry but we won't be able to make it like the old one.

I will try my best to make it similar, but this is different forum software which is all differently set up.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

i quite like vbulliten, it is a solid performer, and some of the biggest forums online choose it for a reason. the little things work better, eg, i was not logged in, went to post and could log in from the posting window.

good work on the reskin, its always daunting - especially when you have a community who dont want board downtime.

i have only ever done phpBB boards, but i run a local music board with a couple of thousand members on it and it can be more stress than any day job...

i.e. well done, and ignore people who hastle...

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

3 threads on pretty much the same things...go here for further discussion:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...005#post479005

btw, shouldn't the news be at the top of the page rather than down here in the admin area?
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

Should we point out omissions in the skin, or will you get around to them eventually? Because the "Forward" button in PMs is still the default.

Also, will you ever get around to reskinning the mod CP, or do we mods just get to use the old version? Not much point in reskinning for the benefit of a tiny fraction of the boards, presumably.

-Simetrical
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey