Thread: Scripts

Primicerius

Default Scripts

Which scripts are stable? I have done a bit of searching, and it sounds like the 4tpy script is stable, and that's it. I know that the full script isn't stable (will this be fixed in v8?), but what about the 'Sack of Rome' script that the player guide talks about? And what exactly is this, anyways?

If I activate a new script, should I begin a new campaign?

Sorry for all the questions, I just got around to downloading IBRR (been meaning to for months, but too much worlk), and I'd really like the fullest experience I can get. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Scripts

only 4tpy is stable.

The sack of rome you mentioned is only the historical description if I am not mistaken. The actual sack of rome script will let you see your Rome governor being kicked out of Rome while the visigoth are standing beside the city. But I forgot the effect of it.

If you play a faction other than the Visigoths, the 'Sack of Rome' script recreates the Sack of Rome, kills off Alaric in the winter of 410 AD, and forces the Visigoths to take the historical route through Italy and Southern Gaul, eventually settling in Narbo around 411-412 AD.

Primicerius

Thanks to you both. The scripts looked interesting, shame they cause CTD's. +rep for your troubles, I'm now playing the Saxons on 4tpy.

A pity all the Scripts are not stable. They kept 8 3/4 Stack's of Eastern Romans from attacking me. Until the scripts made my game CTD.

Hi,

I love this mod, but I wonder about if the scripts really work, especially the Visigothic migration one. I've run the "Full scripts" executable, but it's now 413 AD and the Visigoths have only marched to and fro in central Italy, threatening but not attacking any cities and getting slaughtered by the Elite forces of the Western Empire.

I would really like to see them established in Gaul, but even though I try to leave the way open north, they wont leave. Can anything be done?

Primicerius

Apparently only the 4tpy scripts work as intended, but you never know... (Or, at least I don't. )

Ahhhhh So thats why The Visogoths basically left the Roman's alone made peace and then completely ransacked my entire Imperium Constanti, all the scripts work fine for me at least now I know what happens when all of the elite soldier's in Rome are spared

The sack-of-Rome script should work.

Art by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by PSEUDO ROMANUS View Post
    The sack-of-Rome script should work.
    Indeed it should. What happens is that I am an idiot and didn't realise I have to klick the "show-me-how" button to activate the script.

Although I didn't see that in any player's guide.

Just started a new game, and the sack script worked (ie, the VG booted me out of Rome and took it in one turn), but the Eternal city wasn't sacked and abandoned, but made the capital of the Visigothic realm.

Should they do that?

BTW, I think the Visigoths, hell all the horde factions, need a little love. Slaughtering those huge stacks is too easy. Maybe the staple horde units should be beefed up a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by The Yogi View Post
    Indeed it should. What happens is that I am an idiot and didn't realise I have to klick the "show-me-how" button to activate the script.

Although I didn't see that in any player's guide.

Just started a new game, and the sack script worked (ie, the VG booted me out of Rome and took it in one turn), but the Eternal city wasn't sacked and abandoned, but made the capital of the Visigothic realm.

Should they do that?

BTW, I think the Visigoths, hell all the horde factions, need a little love. Slaughtering those huge stacks is too easy. Maybe the staple horde units should be beefed up a bit?
    Glad you got it working .
    Really? So the Goths settled in Rome? That has never happened to me before. Strange. Kick them off! .
    They will for the next version. Rest assured .

Art by Joar