Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Arnor reforged - sub mod V.1 REALEASED

Default Arnor reforged - sub mod V.1 REALEASED

Hi all,

This mod is to simulate and alternate universe. What if Aragorn decided to stay in Eriador instead of going off to Gondor, what if he remade Arnor and attempted to restore it to its former glory at the end of the T.A. what if etc etc etc you get the point

I have stopped working on this mod as i no longer have time to do it. Skeleton of the West has volunteered too take over however so any questions regarding the future of the mod should go to him.

Too install simply have a fresh intsallation of TATW 1.1 and drop the files into the correct folder
    note: Also under data/banners youl need to delete all the files there before you copy the new ones in (not folder obviously), or you'l end up with wrong strat banners

Download link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2493

Iv tested up to 150 turns three times and havnt found any real bugs, there are a few bits that still need working on (a couple of the AOR units arnt working properly atm and im still waiting to get the units reskinned) hopefully that will be in for the next release. Any suggestions to make this mods better are more than welcome

a = not in game yet
    a = AOR not working properly
    a = Working properly

Arnor Units:-

Militia;
    Lumber men
    Suberb Militia
    Bree Land Riders
    Eriador Hunters

Soldiers;
    Gondor Militia - Arnor Swordsmen
    Gondor archer militia - Arnor Archers
    Gondor mounted militia - Arnor Cavalry

Scout Units;
    Eriador scouts
    Dunedain Rangers
    Dunedain Sentries

Elite units;
    Gondor infantry - Arnor Heavy Men-At-Arms
    Gondor bowmen - Arnor Heavy Bowmen
    Gondor spearmen - Arnor Heavy Spearmen

AOR units;
    Guards of Annuminas - Elite Spearmen
    Guardians of Amon Sul - Elite Bowmen

Protectors of Fornost - Elite Men-at-arms

Thanks very much to Tokus*Maximus and Renown for allowing me to use the DAC banners
    Thanks to Louis Lux for letting me use some of his portraits from his Visual Enhanced mod
    Thanks to the TATW team for creating this awsome mod for Kingdoms
    Last edited by Arvedui; July 04, 2009 at 01:05 PM.

Default Re: Arnor Sub mod

I have an interest, great interest. I really love Arnor .

If you need any help, I can help with settlements, and some text editing like building and units texts. I also have a basic knowledge about Arnor.
    Last edited by Skeleton Of The West; June 03, 2009 at 12:15 PM.

Nice, il give you a shout if i need any help, il get the basic version up first and we'l see where we go from there (when i say about to start i mean iv been doing it all morning :S)

eskrogh's Avatar Biarchus

wouldet it also be better if they got Gondor Archer miltia/ Arnor Archer milita, Gondor Archers/Arnor Archers and Gondor infantry/Arnorian Infantry.... ofcourse renamed and reskinned..? btw do you reskin some of Eriandors units..? since i think there is quite a few things who need a fix?

+ they should have Helmets like this..
    ¨

Just me dreaming but hope you could make it...
    Last edited by eskrogh; June 03, 2009 at 12:59 PM.
    If people isnt over the minimum standard of living... lower the standard..
    if there is too much poverty in a sociaty, lower the poverty line... my qoutes... comment them if you will...

Im no moddeler or skinner, all i can do is move things about, change things here an there, i do however have a friend whos a very good texturer, so il give him a shout and see if hel reskin some units for me. If i can get permission of course.

quick info.

Shire was not indepedent from Arnor. The books clearly mention the existance of the Mayor and the 'army?' only comes into existence after the fall of Arthedain. Prior to that, they served at the King's pleasure.
    Son of the Ancient Archaon, House of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by Arvedui View Post
    Nice, il give you a shout if i need any help, il get the basic version up first and we'l see where we go from there (when i say about to start i mean iv been doing it all morning :S)
    Ok call me if you will need/want my assistance, I will gladly join.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvedui View Post
    Im no moddeler or skinner, all i can do is move things about, change things here an there, i do however have a friend whos a very good texturer, so il give him a shout and see if hel reskin some units for me. If i can get permission of course.
    For unit's look ideas you can try The Last alliance mod for LOTR:TW, they have there a nice looking Arnor units.

Quote Originally Posted by Renown View Post
    quick info.

Shire was not indepedent from Arnor. The books clearly mention the existance of the Mayor and the 'army?' only comes into existence after the fall of Arthedain. Prior to that, they served at the King's pleasure.
    I read somwhere that when Aragorn reforged Annor in the north that the Shire had its independance,

The Last Steward of Gondor by Rowena Morrill

Faramir, son of Denethor II the last Ruling Stewart, presented his rod of office to the new king, and received it back from him. Aragorn II then was crowned by Gandalf as King Elessar, refounded the Kingdom of Arnor as part of the Reunited Kingdom, and made Annúminas his new capital city.[11] He was wed to the Elven princess Arwen, who became Queen Evenstar of Arnor and Gondor. After the fall of Sauron Arnor was safe again for human resettlement, and although it remained less populated than Gondor to the south, in time Arnor became a more densely populated region again, even if it had dwindled in size due to the independence of the Shire. The area encompassed by the Reunited Kingdom now encompassed the territory of the Two Kingdoms at their greatest extent. In the North, this included all the land between the River Lune and the Misty Mountains, and in the South included all the land between Dunland in the west, to the Far Harad southwards, to Rhűn in the east. The reborn kingdom continued on into the Fourth Age, with Eldarion eventually succeeding his father to the throne of this now empire-sized state.

^^ from Tolkein Gateway

yikes I didn't see you meant to make it a "new arnor" and not an old one.

My bad, in which case you'd be right.
    Son of the Ancient Archaon, House of Siblesz

Its like alternate um not history, alternate present :S instead of going to Gondor Aragorn has stayed to reforge and become the king of Arnor

eskrogh's Avatar Biarchus

wouldet that be Aragorns alternative in the first place when the Council of Elrond never happend? just asking...
    If people isnt over the minimum standard of living... lower the standard..
    if there is too much poverty in a sociaty, lower the poverty line... my qoutes... comment them if you will...

In the book he always intended to reclaim the throne of Gondor, hes actually more of decendent of Arnor than he is of Gondor, if that makes sence

Indefinitely Banned

arvedui you shud speak to date matesume he is making an angmar faction in an alternate present too find him and his crazy ideas here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=265120
    maybe you guys could team up and make arnor and angmar?
    also elendil232 is interested in making an arnor sub mod too, you shud get in touch wit him, mite help make one super arnor sub mod
    Last edited by TheXand; June 03, 2009 at 08:43 PM.

i dont understand all this arnor love. to each his own i guess

I know! it should be love for the Rangers! and Love for the goal that is the Reunited Kingdom, Dunedain Men UNITED AND Strong once more!

Indefinitely Banned

lol we lovers of arnor are a unique bunch of ppl tis true!
    it's like the love that atlantis generates, everyone loves a lost kingdom the next stage of fatw is gna have the complete RK tho, plus elves nd dwarves nd stuff, whereas these guys jst wanta make an alt history where arnor is still alive and well and can be rebuilt to it's former magnificence
    Last edited by TheXand; June 03, 2009 at 09:34 PM.

nice idea how about having an archer company to?

BanditKS's Avatar Ordinarius

Hopefully all of you Arnor guys can work together and get in contact with each other. might as well work together than making a bunch of smaller uncompleted mini-mods.

Here are some unit ideas:

1. In my opinion, Arnor Men at arms and Arnor Spearmen sounds like normal units, not elite units.
    2. You can make some more elite units like Guards of Annuminas, or Guards of Elostirion.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast