Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and Feature Requests

Default Re: Suggestions and Feature Requests

Really brilliant mod, but could a future version expand on the Eastern Part of the world. It always felt least touched out of all parts of the mod.

Suggestions:

* More units/amazon units for Armenia and Parthia. Maybe some of the eastern Diadochi, but chiefly those two. For example, differentiating Eastern infantry/hillmen. Nakharars (nobles) and Azats (knights) for Armenians. You could have the Azat a cataphract on an unarmoured horse whilst the Nakharar has full cataphract armour. etc

* A bit of a biggy, but perhaps use the mundus magnus/EB map that goes into India with the textures already there. It seems to represent the classical world much better and takes the focus away from Rome. You could then expand the Valkyrie into Central Asia (Kazachstan region) to keep the Amazons involved, they would thus replace the Saka Rauka historically; who conquered India.

* Or, you could remove the Independent Celts (who you can't play as anyway) and put another Amazon faction in India. I vaguely recall in Alexander Total war their being Amazon units that were a reference to a story of him sleeping with one on his conquests. So there is enough justification. You could say that Amazons sailed via the Red Sea to India, established trading colonies and took over; before mingling with the local population.

Thank You! For these are terrific suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Totalwar1402 View Post
    Really brilliant mod, but could a future version expand on the Eastern Part of the world. It always felt least touched out of all parts of the mod.

Suggestions:

* More units/amazon units for Armenia and Parthia. Maybe some of the eastern Diadochi, but chiefly those two. For example, differentiating Eastern infantry/hillmen. Nakharars (nobles) and Azats (knights) for Armenians. You could have the Azat a cataphract on an unarmoured horse whilst the Nakharar has full cataphract armour. etc

* A bit of a biggy, but perhaps use the mundus magnus/EB map that goes into India with the textures already there. It seems to represent the classical world much better and takes the focus away from Rome. You could then expand the Valkyrie into Central Asia (Kazachstan region) to keep the Amazons involved, they would thus replace the Saka Rauka historically; who conquered India.

* Or, you could remove the Independent Celts (who you can't play as anyway) and put another Amazon faction in India. I vaguely recall in Alexander Total war their being Amazon units that were a reference to a story of him sleeping with one on his conquests. So there is enough justification. You could say that Amazons sailed via the Red Sea to India, established trading colonies and took over; before mingling with the local population.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Totalwar1402 View Post
    I very much like this idea. In fact, I suggested something similar to Subrosa a while back, but she declined it.

I agree this is a great idea.

As a result of this suggestion, I already set up three of the Mundus Magnus downloads, the problem is, I can't get any one of them to work because all the archive files are for RTW 1.2, and they are not mod-foldered.

If there are better download as jump-start point, please let me know.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    I very much like this idea. In fact, I suggested something similar to Subrosa a while back, but she declined it.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    I agree this is a great idea.

As a result of this suggestion, I already set up three of the Mundus Magnus downloads, the problem is, I can't get any one of them to work because all the archive files are for RTW 1.2, and they are not mod-foldered.

If there are better download as jump-start point, please let me know.

Thanks!
    You could try talking to DimeBagHo to see if you can extract the XGM version of Mundus Magnus (compatible with 1.5) from his mod. It's a slightly better version of the map IMO.

That is a great idea! I will see if I have better luck with that,

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    You could try talking to DimeBagHo to see if you can extract the XGM version of Mundus Magnus (compatible with 1.5) from his mod. It's a slightly better version of the map IMO.
    I think you just beat me to it. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=780
    This is the one I got for RTW 1.5

BTW, Parthian Shot, I recently played the Alpha version of reignited as the Geothe. Are their missile units meant to be that insanely powerful. I actually saw a 96 man generals bodyguard unit disappear in the blink of an eye from throwing axes after ONE volley. Are they using muskets or something. Some great skins mind you, quite literally Actually, i really liked the carthaginian vestel virgins with the Carthage armour, it quite suited them.
    Last edited by Totalwar14; September 14, 2011 at 07:47 PM.

Thank you for the link, I have already sent message to him and hopefully it is better than the RTW 1.2 version.

As regarding the powerfulness, if you go over the weapon study I published, I believe it is perfectly realistic. This is regarding the Thermite weapon the Geothe faction uses...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=480336

By the way, in the Beta 1.04e, which will be soon published, the Geothe Amazon General Guards are using iron-casing shot instead thermite weapon.

As regarding to the skin, I thank your first half of the comment, as for the latter half, I believe that it is also realistic. The light units should be issued no uniform, or they can garb up in animal pelt, or they can only wear battle gear which doesn't impede their fighting ability.

This is win or die scenario, the second place is in a body bag. So if you put yourself in their shoes (or sandals, chuckle!), I think you too would care less what your uniform (or lack of it) you are wearing.

From the implementation perspective, I am a graphic artist with programming background, I am not a modeler, so I really don't have too much choices on what .cas files I can use until recently. Having said that, I don't regret the decision of "too much skin", I think it is what truly has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalwar14 View Post
    I think you just beat me to it. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=780
    This is the one I got for RTW 1.5

BTW, Parthian Shot, I recently played the Alpha version of reignited as the Geothe. Are their missile units meant to be that insanely powerful. I actually saw a 96 man generals bodyguard unit disappear in the blink of an eye from throwing axes after ONE volley. Are they using muskets or something. Some great skins mind you, quite literally Actually, i really liked the carthaginian vestel virgins with the Carthage armour, it quite suited them.

Just want to add that Resef has recently added a great deal of changes to the Amazon TW mod, which are not part of the Amazon TW mod release. As the AmazonTW's moderator, I have decided to get the forum organzied better.

Therefore I would like to see all the features for the future mod being discussed on the feature request thread first, before any changes are published. This would give other users a chance to add their feedback or perhaps come up with better ideas.

Changes not discussed in the Feature Request Thread will be moved to the AmazonTW developer's forum unless there are convincing argument that

1. it is consistent with the theme as wellas the storyline of the mod.
    2. it enhances the realism of the mod based on the background whitepaper presented.

The current changes we would like to see are as followed:

1. changing most Amazon from spear to Labrys or Halberd.
    2. allow the diplomats to recruit army of their own factions.
    3. add more concise and dramatic announcement for the "quest"
    4. allows the generals to be captured and held for ransom.
    5. changing the Amazon pictures for many of the announcement to be consistent with Matrichal society theme.
    6. new map (hopefully extended) map is always welcome, but the specification must be publish in the feature request thread first to allow other users a chance to provide input.
    7. Extended movement range for light units.
    8. allows the fire weapon (such as the thermite fire jar) to function as seige weapon.

Other please feel free to add in the feature request thread.

Just want to add that Resef has recently added a great deal of changes to the Amazon TW mod, which are not part of the Amazon TW mod release. As the AmazonTW's moderator, I have decided to get the forum organzied better.

Therefore I would like to see all the features for the future mod being discussed on the feature request thread first, before any changes are published. This would give other users a chance to add their feedback or perhaps come up with better ideas.

Changes not discussed in the Feature Request Thread will be moved to the AmazonTW developer's forum unless there are convincing argument that

1. it is consistent with the theme as wellas the storyline of the mod.
    2. it enhances the realism of the mod based on the background whitepaper presented.

The current changes we would like to see are as followed:

3. add more concise and dramatic announcement for the "quest"
    5. changing the Amazon pictures for many of the announcement to be consistent with Matrichal society theme.
    6. new map (hopefully extended) map is always welcome, but the specification must be publish in the feature request thread first to allow other users a chance to provide input.
    8. allows the fire weapon (such as the thermite fire jar) to function as seige weapon.

Other please feel free to add in the feature request thread.

Icon14 Re: Suggestions and Feature Requests

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    ...I would like to see all the features for the future mod being discussed on the feature request thread first, before any changes are published. This would give other users a chance to add their feedback or perhaps come up with better ideas.
    The current changes we would like to see are as follows:
    5. changing the Amazon pictures for many of the announcements to be consistent with the Matriarchal society theme.
    6. new map (hopefully extended) map is always welcome, but the specification must be published in the feature request thread first to allow other users a chance to provide input.
    These are super ideas--I would be ecstatic if these are implemented. [Vanilla RTW ought to have had #s 2,4,and 7; but today's too late for RTW to have 'em.] I will be avidly looking forward to these and other improvements. Hawooh.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

[ATW Moderator's note, below are Resef's proposed EDU settings, this is a must read for all AmazonTW team members...]

e= elite

b= regular

m= militia

c= cavalry

a= artillery

~>~>Costs<~<~

+30upkeep for cavalry with missile weapon
    ^ arrow upkeep

TurnsPerRecruitment for all tier troops depends on quality

~Skirmishers~

m-skirm 1, 320, 122 < young or poor militia

b-skirm 2, 420, 192 < promoted troops who show skill at hand to hand combat and using a javelin

m-sling 1, 489, 172 < young or poor militia skilled with a sling

~Archers~

m-arch 2, 570, 172 <+ 81cost compared to m-slinger (arrow quality debatable therefore addition to upkeep debatable)

b-arch 3, 810, 281 <arrow quality, armour, primary weapon superior therefore superior cost

e-arch 3, 823, 351

~Infantry~

m-infantry 1, 401, 191 young or inept melee fighters cheaply equipped by their leader

m-flank 2, 601, 233 <promoted m-infantry usually with better weapons and training due to age

e-infantry 4, 823, 379 <promoted b-assault and best infantry

~Assault Troops
    e-assault 3, 823, 379 <2nd best infantry

b-infantry/assault 2, 643, 251 <promoted m-flank, -10 denarii to trick AI into recruiting more b-infantry

~Cavalry~

c-militia 1, 651, 271 rich enough to afford a horse but not enough to buy any real armour

c-regular 2, 671, 371 able to afford armour and some training

c-elite 3, 791, 423 able to afford best armour and training usually noble

c-companion 4, 1291, 423

~Artillery~

a-regular 2, 725, 214 engineers not equipped with any armour but highly trained at what they do

a-elite 3, 920, 251 better trained with a better siege weapon

~>~>stat explanation<~<~

Mercs>Normal Troops

Mercs were essentially a standing army for hire and one that could kill with impunity. Look at hannibal's army of mercanaries for example vs the romans.

Troop tier explanation.

Elite. Small troop size, big effect on a battle. use carefully because losing an elite means waiting a very long time to get one back.

Regular. A strong but small core of your army.

Militia. The main part of your army.

Cavalry. A key part of any battle, use and recruit with caution.

~>Infantry<~

Elite infantry are used to flank an enemy or attack a key part of the battle. Elites have increase the morale of militia and regular troops who see them in battle.

Regular infantry are used to turn a battle by breaking the opposing armies militia troops or engaging an elite or regular unit.

Militia infantry are used to hold an army in place. They aren't very dangerous to the opponent and can be dangerous to you. If one starts fleeing the rest often follow.

~>Cavalry<~

militia cavalry are used to screen your troops and chase down those pesky skirmishers and perhaps charge an exhausted enemy or scared militia unit.

regular cavalry can be used to engage and destroy the oppositions cavalry and are expected to charge the enemy.

elite cavalry strike fear into the heart of any foe.

~>Skirmishers<~

militia skirmishers wound and sometimes kill the enemy. they can be used to engage enemy skirmishers or if all seems lost to engage a nearly triumphant enemy.

regular skirmishers can easily out-skirmish their militia counterparts and even hold the line.

~>assault infantry<~

What you use to take over an enemy's walls or ravage an enemy's flank.

~>stat setup<~

militia generally have no armour, aren't very lethal and poor morale.

regulars generally have 4+ armour and a higher lethality and good morale.

elites generally have 7+ armour and a high lethality and the best morale.

Upkeep and cost are directly related to armour and training (morale and attack).

Cavalry have a higher cost, charge and training. It took a long time to breed a horse, raise it (on expensive grain) and train it for war.

~>history<~

amazons were known as archers their militia and regular archers have a very good attack rating. tweaked costs in hope that the AI recruits more cavalry.

romans were known not to use good cavalry, hence their longer recruitment and lower stats in general and smaller units.

thracians were known to be very good peltasts hence their superioty vs other peltasts. Their horsemen were known as the riders of the north, hence thracian nobles are almost like companion cavalry.

barbarians generally have little armour and lots of skill and shield stats. berserker trait taken out.

slingers have just as long of range as archers. they didnt have to worry about wet bow strings and it's proven they could sling as far if not farther.

lancers and melee horsemen have the frighten_foot attribute. nobody likes being charged. at the same time, no horse likes being poked at by pointy things by a mass of men, so keep them charging.

archers,slingers and skirmishers created alot of wounds. HP is set to a base of 2 for militia, 3 for regular and 4 or 5 for elites. This is to portray wounds and don't worry, combat still goes fast, however the majority of the kills are usually in routs.

elites can decimate entire units, however they can eventually be dragged down by numbers or pummelled to death by missiles. If they don't trust their commander they will balk at the sight of a large number of enemy troops.

~>examples<~

gameplay, play on unit size large or huge.

Militia type.
    type barb infantry
    dictionary barb_infantry ; Warband
    category infantry
    class light
    voice_type Light_1
    soldier barb_infantry_longshield, 60, 0, 1.2
    officer barb_standard
    attributes sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, hardy
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 5, horde
    stat_health 2, 0
    stat_pri 12, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, spear, 20 ,0.351
    stat_pri_attr light_spear, spear_bonus_4
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, no, no, none, 10 ,1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 1, 15, 6, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 3
    stat_ground 2, -2, 3, 2
    stat_mental 7, impetuous, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 40
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 200
    stat_cost 1, 401, 191, 50, 70, 400
    ownership britons, gauls

regular infantry/assault.
    type warband sword
    dictionary warband_sword ; Swordsmen
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy_1
    soldier warband_sword, 20, 0, 1.2
    officer barb_standard
    attributes sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, very_hardy
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    stat_health 3, 0
    stat_pri 18,12, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, sword, 15, 0.501
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 1, 18, 5, leather
    stat_heat 3
    stat_ground 2, -2, 3, 2
    stat_mental 12, impetuous, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 20
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 200
    stat_cost 2, 601, 233, 50, 70, 460
    ownership britons, gauls

elite infantry/assault.
    type barb berserker german
    dictionary barb_berserker_german ; Berserkers
    category infantry
    class light
    voice_type Heavy_1
    soldier barb_berserker, 6, 0, 1.5, 0.40
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, frighten_foot, very_hardy, warcry
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 2, horde
    stat_health 5, 0
    stat_pri 31, 18, no, 0, 0, melee, blade, slashing, axe, 15 ,0.777
    stat_pri_attr ap
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 5, 35, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 2, -2, 3, 2
    stat_mental 21, impetuous, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 20
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 200
    stat_cost 4, 823, 379, 100, 140, 920
    ownership germans

militia cavalry.
    type barb cavalry
    dictionary barb_cavalry ; Barbarian Cavalry
    category cavalry
    class light
    voice_type Medium_1
    soldier barb_cavalry, 10, 0, 1
    mount medium horse
    mount_effect elephant -8, camel -4
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest
    formation 1.5, 4, 3, 6, 4, square, wedge
    stat_health 2, 0
    stat_pri 11,18, no, 0, 0, melee, blade, piercing, spear, 5, 0.501
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, no, no, none, 5 ,1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 3, 7, 4, leather
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 0, -2, -4, 2
    stat_mental 6, impetuous, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 40
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 200
    stat_cost 1, 651, 271, 40, 60, 400
    ownership gauls, germans, scythia, slave, britons

regular cavalry.
    type barb noble cavalry
    dictionary barb_noble_cavalry ; Barbarian Noble Cavalry
    category cavalry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy_1
    soldier barb_noble_cavalry, 15, 0, 1
    mount heavy horse
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, frighten_foot
    stat_health 3, 0
    stat_pri 14,36, no, 0, 0, melee, blade, piercing, spear, 10, 0.657
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 6, 17, 10, metal
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 0, -2, -4, 2
    stat_mental 12, impetuous, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 40
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 200
    stat_cost 2, 601, 371, 60, 90, 600
    ownership gauls, germans, slave, britons

elite cavalry.
    type barb gothic cavalry german
    dictionary gothic_cavalry_german ; Gothic Cavalry
    category cavalry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy_1
    soldier barb_gothic_cavalry, 10, 0, 1
    mount heavy horse
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, hardy, frighten_foot
    stat_health 4, 0
    stat_pri 17, 37, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, spear, 10 ,0.705
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 9, 16, 10, metal
    stat_heat 4
    stat_ground 0, -2, -4, 2
    stat_mental 14, impetuous, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 40
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 200
    stat_cost 3, 791, 423, 80, 120, 790
    ownership germans

militia archer.
    type barb archer
    dictionary barb_archer ; Archer Warband
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type Female_1
    soldier barb_archer, 15, 0, 0.9
    attributes sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, hide_long_grass, can_sap
    formation 1.5, 1.5, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    stat_health 2, 0
    stat_pri 31, 1, arrow, 120, 20, missile, archery, piercing, none, 10 ,1 ; non iron arrow head
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 6, 1, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, knife, 20 ,0.33
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 1, 15, 0, leather
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 2, -2, 3, 2
    stat_mental 5, normal, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 200
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 200
    stat_cost 2, 570, 176, 20, 40, 270
    ownership germans, scythia, slave, gauls, britons

regular archer.
    type warband huntsman gaul
    dictionary warband_huntsman_gaul ; Forester Warband
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type Light_1
    soldier warband_huntsman, 15, 0, 1.2
    attributes sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, hide_long_grass, hide_anywhere, very_hardy, warcry
    stat_health 3, 0
    stat_pri 37,1, arrow, 170, 20, missile, archery, piercing, none, 10, 1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 11, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, spear, 15 ,0.501
    stat_sec_attr light_spear, spear_bonus_4
    stat_pri_armour 2, 15, 0, leather
    stat_sec_armour 0, 1, flesh
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 2, -2, 3, 2
    stat_mental 9, normal, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 400
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 200
    stat_cost 2, 810, 212, 100, 150, 960
    ownership gauls, britons

elite archer.
    type warband archer
    dictionary warband_archer ; Chosen Archer Warband
    category infantry
    class missile
    voice_type Medium_1
    soldier warband_archer, 10, 0, 1.2
    officer barb_standard
    attributes sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, hardy, warcry
    stat_health 3, 0
    stat_pri 39,1, arrow, 170, 20, missile, archery, piercing, none, 10, 1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 13,4, no, 0, 0, melee, blade, piercing, sword, 10, 0.467
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 7, 20, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 1, flesh
    stat_heat 4
    stat_ground 2, -2, 3, 2
    stat_mental 6, normal, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 400
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 200
    stat_cost 3, 810, 281, 70, 110, 700
    ownership germans, scythia
    Last edited by z3n; April 05, 2012 at 03:15 PM.

sky/stratmap

more

wait, wait. What version is this again?
    I really have to play this again.... once i find a working mouse (because playing with laptop is pretty difficult)

Also nice graphs! Forget what i said about exporting it to M2TW, this is just nice where it is now!!

DELETED
    Last edited by tianzong; April 06, 2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Sorry double post

hi tianzong. check your VM.

~>Suggestion<~
    I've taken out peasants as a recruitable unit but I think you should take them out completely. They take up quite a few DMB spots. (aproximately 13). By the way, what's with the egyptian pike phalanx? (can't remember the exact name in the DMB but its completely unrelated to any unit in the edu to my knowledge.) back to my main point, peasants are completely useless and can only be exploited by the player and not the AI.
    Last edited by z3n; April 07, 2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: showing progress on skies and watchtower

Couldn't tell it somehow at your VM but here it is. I use also everything at high (or more) but i didn't know what anti-aliasing was so i've put it at the highest stake as possible. Mybe i had also these graphics but i don't really remember . Also been busy with my placement for school and my placementreport. Also been busy for my thesis (high school not university ofcourse) so didn't had very much time to play this wonderful mod.
    Oh forgot to say, I have a Windows vista with GeForce 9600M GS 256 mb and a intel centrino (just wrote what stands on my computer). Maybe that's a reason why i maybe have other graphs then you have

Also what is anti-aliasing exactly and what does it do?

I also agree that peasants are really useless and they only waste a sloth in the game.

try low anti-aliasing. anything higher induces a bug. It smooths the edges hence the cool looking capes, not as jagged spears and whatnot.

your are also seeing the effects of my lighting adjustments on the units. It can make them look very different and better to a degree..all of my pictures are showing my progress on the lighting adjustments, lens flare, stars and sky and they are not included in ATW 6.0L.

and sorry about the VM thing, I think I set it to friends only awhile back and completely forgot about the setting..
    Last edited by z3n; April 07, 2012 at 10:18 AM.

Been a while but I started a new campaign so figured I might head back on.

I really hope you guys try to do an expanded map. Those screenshots do look stunning mind you. Whilst an Indian Amazon faction would be awesome. Maybe you could make the armour look like the Golden Saints of Oblivion?

If I could offer some suggestions for removing units

*Take away the Egyptian units that are unhistorical. You've already Hellenized them so taking out chariots, nile spearmen and pharoahs guards (can they share the silver shields?) would save you some.

*Take out the Amazon units that are priced like units that are dramatically better than them. So, say, hoplites on the Amazonian faction are very bad compared to heavy peltasts yet come in at the same price and tech level. The same is true for a lot of the Amazon units. Many of the older ones like Companion cavalry are just made redundent by the other units available to you. It can also be quite mind boggling to a new player with the sheer number of quite similar Amazon units like horse archers, heavy cavalry and skirmishers.