Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and Feature Requests

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Suggestions and Feature Requests

This mod seems to be basically finished by the looks of things, sadly. It's a fun mod, shows great imagination!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

I think the amazon factions should have some... naked fanatics...

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    I think the amazon factions should have some... naked fanatics...

I can pretty much guarantee Subrosa would say no to that.

Have you ever thought about adding this to the trojan war or aristriea mod with Zhuge? or perhaps a mod before the time of troy? When it was likely the amazons were at their height, during and before the trojan war that is. Plus, you could add other amazonian tribes, like Lemnos and Lesbos. It would be more realistic to call the valkyrie amazons something less germanic and move them a bit south. Some legends state amazons means "with one breast", so there could be some units that look like that. And the men and armed ? Two of the tribes are said to have killed or expelled all the men, the other only mated once a year with a neighbor tribe of only men. And true the amazons may or may not have been seamenship experts but if any tribes had any such skills, they would be on lemnos, lesbos or perhaps amazonia in anatolia (since the black sea is notoriously dangerous), the skythian amazons may have drifted to the north or migrated so their skills maybe debatable.
    Queen Penthilisea was from amazonia, but wasnt hippylytae, Briesis, Atlanta and others from lesbos and or lemnos? Thus showing the greeks encountered these amazons more often perhaps with respect to Penthilisea during the trojan war.

The amputation of the left breast is more than likely a myth within the Amazon myth. There's a lot of tissue there and because medical care was in its infancy just in Roman times, you'd have to worry about massive hemorrhaging and infection of the wound.

With no antibiotics to treat it, that kind of procedure would be nothing short of fatal.

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Atlantis. They were the Amazons' enemy in mythology, and would work well in the mod. Maybe you could even add a little continent off the coast of Iberia for them.

The topic of Atlantis came up once before a while back and Subrosa rejected the idea. She said something I don't quite remember very clearly about how you can only have one implausibility and that implausibility in ATW is the Amazons.

Okay, whatever. Stiil a great mod.

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

War between the Amazons and Atlantis came before foundation of Amazonia as Thermodon River Themiscyra was built around the tomb of Myrine who was the Amazon queen that defeated the Atlanteans.

Amputation of the breast is very unlikey, mostly because it really does not interfere with archery in ANY way. I have some female friends of mine practiquing archery and they use a leather of similary strong protection just in case the string hits the breast, which can be pretty painfull, but that is all, breast not interfere with the movement in any way. Perhaps enormous one can, but in a culture of basically mounted shepherds as Amazons quite probably were (as kin to Scythians and Cimmerians) that physical types were probably uncommon.
    Last edited by Anakarsis; January 29, 2011 at 05:48 AM.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

i suggest the new roma surrectum battle enviroments be added, what do others think?

Great, but the mod is finished.

^At least unless Subrosa returns.

Yes. That would be nice. I wonder what else she's made? Her stuff seems really good (at least if this is any indication).

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

is this 4tpy?

Nope.

Just a quick FYI, the Amazon:Total War-Reignited (or ATW 5.0) is 4TPY.

As a matter of fact, the script for 4TPY must be activated for the game to play correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    is this 4tpy?
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Quote Originally Posted by parthian shot View Post
    Just a quick FYI, the Amazon:Total War-Reignited (or ATW 5.0) is 4TPY.

As a matter of fact, the script for 4TPY must be activated for the game to play correctly.
    thats what I wanted to know thx
    I probably should have been more specific about which mod was a 4tpy

Suggestions: Better water mod could be added, music could be added, javelin fix should be added, hacknslash sound mod could be added, also I agree with granto about the rs2 enviro's

Quote Originally Posted by Resef View Post
    Suggestions: Better water mod could be added, music could be added, javelin fix should be added, hacknslash sound mod could be added, also I agree with granto about the rs2 enviro's
    Regarding the use of RSII in the ATW. I am trying to keep the mod a mod-folder installation. Using the RS2 Battlefield is great but what I found out that it would require transfering the map to BI folder.

Anyone has a good compromise please feel free to let me know. Sean Cappone actually suggested to use an install binary, which will take care of that particular problem.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

For reference, I am posting the Amazon Total War 3.0c release's descr_model_battle.txt file.

This is to help out trouble-shooting for feature developement