Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and Feature Requests

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Suggestions and Feature Requests

Quote Originally Posted by Subrosa Florens View Post
    You should not be getting any of those from ATW. I have never run across one in the years I have been developing it.
    Yeah, I played an Amazonia campaign back when I first discovered ATW on the .Org (I'm Spartan198 on there also, in case you weren't aware) and it never happened to me either until now (and I always process_cq building construction since I'm too impatient to wait ), which makes me fairly certain it's something in Loyal Allies that's doing it.

And on a side note, when is a Bean Sihde faction symbol going to be added to the optional desktop icons?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    And on a side note, when is a Bean Sihde faction symbol going to be added to the optional desktop icons?
    In the next release?

I've reworked/replaced many (all) of the General portraits and added an alpha channel too. But looks like only the card (little pictures) show it ingame (consider the attached ingame screenie)... hmm don't know why.

Okay what you get with this package if you go for it?

- Alternate images for the General units (all female of course)
    - All images have an unique "old" image (grey/white hair)
    - We've got more redheads

The amount of images are like the original Amazon mod installation each folder has 36. My question is... is that the limit or will the game display every image you put in beyond the filename 035 ? If it can display more than 36 images I might create a bunch more later for a higher variation rate

Installation

The PORTRAITS folder goes here:

The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\amazon\data\UI\AMAZON

Before you move it there make a backup of the original PORTRAITS folder since files will be overwritten thus a backup is handy if you want to undo the changes. Confirm the overwriting and enjoy the alternate portraits. Hope you enjoy.

Compare Young - Old

@Subrosa Florens
    If you like this set of course you can implement it into the next release of the mod.
    Last edited by Mark Centurion; September 03, 2009 at 07:05 AM. Reason: removed some typos

Very neat!

You should create a new topic to put this in. More people will see it then.

You can have more than 36 images. So far as I know there is no limit. I will indeed add some or all to the next release. Thank you for taking the time to do these.

My pleasure, thanks for the info I'll probably do some more then. Okay will start a topic with the General's images.

One thing I'd like to suggest, it's a balance issue with Thrace. The Thracian Infantry and the Bastarnae in particular. The Bastarnae are an elite and have 2 Hitpoints but upkeep is only 130 while the Thracian Infantry has an upkeep of 170. (for a better comparison consider the attached thumbnails please)

So in my opinion the Bastarnae should have an upkeep of min 250 also the Recruitment cost could be a little higher. Since I do not play as Thrace I don't know if build time is 2 turns but if not I also suggest that.

My Amazonian forces get butchered even with a General (not a bad one) while the enemy has none but lots of Bastarnae units (difficulty setting hard/hard)

I'm unsure where to alter the stats myself can someone please point me at the file where I find unitcost/buildtime and such I'm new in this field, thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Centurion View Post
    I'm unsure where to alter the stats myself can someone please point me at the file where I find unitcost/buildtime and such I'm new in this field, thanks in advance
    In the export_descr_unit file.

type greek bastarnae
    dictionary greek_bastarnae ; Bastarnae
    category infantry
    class heavy
    voice_type Medium_1
    soldier greek_thracoan, 40, 0, 1.2
    attributes sea_faring, hide_improved_forest, warcry
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    stat_health 2, 0
    stat_pri 14, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, blade, piercing, axe, 25 ,1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, no, no, none, 25 ,1
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 7, 4, 4, flesh
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 2
    stat_ground 2, -2, 3, 2
    stat_mental 14, impetuous, untrained
    stat_charge_dist 40
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 2, 790, 130, 80, 120, 790
    ownership thrace

The blue number is recruitment time (and as you can see, Bastarnae are already at 2-turn recruitment), the red number is recruitment cost, and the purple number is upkeep cost. The other three are retraining and custom battle costs, I think

Excellent. Thanks a lot Spartan198

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Centurion View Post
    One thing I'd like to suggest, it's a balance issue with Thrace. The Thracian Infantry and the Bastarnae in particular. The Bastarnae are an elite and have 2 Hitpoints but upkeep is only 130 while the Thracian Infantry has an upkeep of 170. (for a better comparison consider the attached thumbnails please)

So in my opinion the Bastarnae should have an upkeep of min 250 also the Recruitment cost could be a little higher. Since I do not play as Thrace I don't know if build time is 2 turns but if not I also suggest that.
    Already taken care of in the rebalancing of Thrace for the next version.

Already taken care of in the rebalancing of Thrace for the next version.
    Oh, good! They'll be balanced next time I slaughter their troops and take their land!

Shot in the dark here, but have you ever considered moving to a larger-scale map in a future release? Something like perhaps the Europa 270 BC map (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125577)? I imagine the transition would be difficult, but I think the outome and benefits would outweigh the difficulties.

Here's a screenshot that jackwei took and posted in the release topic for the map.

I'd take some screens of my own of the "Amazon" areas for reference, but for some reason, my PRTSC function seems to have quit working.

I am not really planning on zooming in on the map, if that is what you mean. But I do plan to extend the map further north to encompass all of the British Isles.

And on a map-related note, the port of Samarobriva needs to be moved eastward a couple of spaces. When one faction holds it, no ships other than those of the owning faction can pass through the English Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    And on a map-related note, the port of Samarobriva needs to be moved eastward a couple of spaces. When one faction holds it, no ships other than those of the owning faction can pass through the English Channel.
    Yes, found that and fixed it a while ago.

Oh, and that is the Bean Sidhe Channel btw.

Oh, and that is the Bean Sidhe Channel btw.
    After my conquest and merciless subjugation of the British Celts, it is.

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

This is a Pure-Fictional unit suggestion, mostly for Sarmatians and perhaps Scythians

Sarmatian Widows
    While many sarmatian women, true to their amazon inheritance, are used to hunt and do battle alongside their men, some of them has become obsesed with battling off the enemies of the steppe tribes. These are women that has lost their loved ones -young parents, childs, husbands, siblings- due to war, and now devotee themselves to martial training 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with a dedication that matches the elite spartan warriors. When not training for battle, they are hunting, exercising, or sharpening their bodies, skills and minds for the act of killing enemies. They live isolated from the rest of the tribes, even as some are young women, and their kinfolk supports and respect their lifestyle, giving it a religious significance. These women are fearless and lethal, and many has a long battle experience that makes them even more terrible.

Description:
    This is an ubber-unit, though to be on the level of the Spartan Royal Guard or the Amazon Elite Archers

I´m a putrid modeller, but perhaps you can use the idea. I did them mercenaries to avoid using a separate model in DMB
    Last edited by Anakarsis; October 22, 2009 at 12:46 PM.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi, I'm not sure if people really read this anymore judging from the time of the last post, but can I request 2 things:
    1) The Amazonian chariots in Gladiator for the Romans
    2) This is rather cosmetic but how about making the Romans red rather than purple? Or would it clash with the red amazons too much?
    Thanks, JF.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    2) This is rather cosmetic but how about making the Romans red rather than purple? Or would it clash with the red amazons too much?
    Senate purple was chosen, at least according to what Subrosa has told me, because it was the imperial color, or something like that.

Besides, red Romans are way overused.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Fair enough. But on the flipside, red romans is kindof iconic. Meh, faction colours are rather meaningless anyway
    But why not make the shields red at least? Not the clothing, just the shields. Legion + red square shields basically IS rome.
    BTW great mod I love the amazon factions
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Calisthenis of Dyrrachium's Avatar Senator

How about adding Syracusan & Athenian hoplites from XGM? I think it would make the GS a bit more fun. Can you also add Hypaspists to the GS?

And can you please make all of the mercs available for custom battles as well, like for the Rebels.
    Last edited by Calisthenis of Dyrrachium; May 06, 2010 at 10:58 AM.
    Meh.

As far as units there are a few that I would like to see:

1. Rebel Amazon General (tired to make this unit on my own, but despite all the bodyguards being female the general turned out to be a guy! )

2. Add Ballistas to Amazon factions (getting tired of the Bean Sidhe blasting Germans with only onagers)

3. Amazon Legionaries (either for the Romans or Amazonia)

Also, I would like to see the historical battle option be available on the single player menu to allow the use of the Battle Editor.

Perhaps add pontus in custom battles?