Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and Feature Requests

Default Re: Suggestions and Feature Requests

You may have done this already, but if you haven't, you should contact SigniferOne for his new skeletons.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

I am using his v0.8 Beta release. Does he have a new version?

I don't think so.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Have you considered axing the peasants and replacing them with *real* units of some kind?

I have. But that would be difficult as the units that ought to replace them, like Town Watch for the Romans, are already being recruited from a 1st tier barrack. I want to keep a basic garrison unit recruitable from the government buildings. So moving them there would open a hole in the barracks that I could not fill.

Maybe you could at least give them a short spear instead of those silly little knives...
    Protein cores made in the rough endoplasmic reticulum are posttranslationally modified by glycosyltransferases in the Golgi apparatus, where GAG disaccharides are added to protein cores to yield proteoglycans; the exception is hyaluronan, which is uniquely synthesized without a protein core and is "spun out" by enzymes at cell surfaces directly into the extracellular space.

Maybe restrict recruitment of Athenian Marines to Athens?

I think that would really restrict them too much for a low tier unit. I would have to really buff them up to make up for that, like the Spartans are. The Greeks already have several high tier infantry units so I would rather not.

I had always intended the Marines to offer the Greek player a low tier infantry unit that was flexible and had a precursor weapon, but could still stand up in melee for at least a little while. Like the Thureophoroi and Thorakitai in XGM/XC. They seem to do that pretty well from a Port.

Besides, they are not really all Athenian, just men accustomed to fighting using the hit and run tactics that the Athenians employed to great success against the Spartans in the Peloponnesian War. That is something I put in the description. They just keep the old name Athenian more as a sense of style.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrosa Florens View Post
    Besides, they are not really all Athenian, just men accustomed to fighting using the hit and run tactics that the Athenians employed to great success against the Spartans in the Peloponnesian War. That is something I put in the description. They just keep the old name Athenian more as a sense of style.
    Ah, like how Cretan Archers aren't necessarily all Cretans. I see.

olivtown's Avatar Foederatus

Going back to the historical material on pg 1 it mentioned atlantis so if ever a gap for a new faction opens up then i would suggest the atlantians!!!

Quote Originally Posted by olivtown View Post
    Going back to the historical material on pg 1 it mentioned atlantis so if ever a gap for a new faction opens up then i would suggest the atlantians!!!
    There isn't really anyplace on the map for an Atlantean faction. And they don't figure into Amazon legend at all from what I recall, so their inclusion wouldn't make any sense. I'd say *maybe* a couple of rare, uber expensive Atlantean merc units, but that would still be stretching things.

Amazons are part of the Atlantis legends. The Atlanteans supposedly fought the Amazons (along with everyone else in the world). But Atlantis would be too far of a stretch from reality, at least the mythical Atlantis would be. If I were going to include them, then it would be time to start putting in Centaurs and Lamaias and Krakens. I am not really going for that.

While the Amazon factions I have are obviously not historically factual, they are at least plausable, as supported by a reality of cultures such as the Scytho-Sarmatians and Celts where women were members of the warriour aristocracy.

One of the rules to good sci-fi writing is that you are allowed one implausibilty, then everything else has to be real and possible. Amazons are mine. Adding more would divorce the mod too far from reality.

I think ATW would benefit from this neat mini-mod.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...37#post5875037

I saw that, but I am not convinced it actually works. I really do not see how it could by editing the cursor actions file. If it really does work then I will absolutely want to use it.

I was planning on trying it out. I'll let you know how it performs.

Excellent! Thank you.

Well, I just played a quick session with Archaon's Loyal Allies installed and it appears to work as claimed. I started a test campaign as the Romans (nobody seems to want to ally with me at the moment in my Bean Sihde campaign... ) and formed an alliance with the Gauls. I took the small stack near Rome up north to attack them and when I put the cursor over the city to attack it, the cursor turned into an X and when I clicked on the city, I heard the familiar "Can't do it, sir!" line. After that, I sent a diplomat to the city, canceled the alliance, then tried again to attack the city, besieging it as normal.

But there are some reports in the topic for it about it not working, so I'll do some further in-depth testing in my Bean Sihde campaign with it and let you know how things go.

Thank you. My main concern is that it will not affect the AI, which of course is the major offender when it comes to breaking alliances.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrosa Florens View Post
    Thank you. My main concern is that it will not affect the AI, which of course is the major offender when it comes to breaking alliances.
    Yeah, it seems that they're still able to attack me without first breaking off the alliance. I started an Amazonia campaign specifically for testing this, since their position on the map is the best anyone could ask for when testing AI/diplomacy-related scripts.

But unfortunately I've run upon an errorless CTD (I try to build a dockyard in Themiskyra with process_cq, but the game freezes and shuts down) that I need to find out if it's related to Loyal Allies or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    But unfortunately I've run upon an errorless CTD (I try to build a dockyard in Themiskyra with process_cq, but the game freezes and shuts down) that I need to find out if it's related to Loyal Allies or not.
    You should not be getting any of those from ATW. I have never run across one in the years I have been developing it.