Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and Feature Requests

Default Re: Suggestions and Feature Requests

That is a good idea Suess. Thank you. It shall be done!

Before you do take note, having a ship with no experience when built then having the same ship with experience when built at a higher level port can cause CTDs. It's somewhat hard, but if a ship with no experience is built on the same turn that a higher level port which gives that ship experience is built a CTD will occur. This doesn't seem to affect going from 1 to x, only 0 to x. So one way you could implement this is reduce the stats of this type of ship by one and give everyone a plus 1 experience.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Now that is a weird bug. I will have to think of how to approach that one.

Oops! Didn't mean to open a can of worms-- I thought it'd be something really trivial to add.

I think I have a way around that Suess. Instead of an experience bonus at the Dockyard level, I could instead give them a weapon and armour upgrade, which would have the same effect and hopefully avoid the CTD (can you confirm that Caesar?).

That should be fine. Though a weapon and armor boost may affect land units as well.

Would that not only affect units that can be trained from the port though? Well there is one way to find out.

Well, if it's coded the same way as the smith buildings, then it would affect all units. And I don't know of anyway to give unit specific weapon and armor upgrades.

I just gave it a test and it does effect land units. This means the xp trick you suggested is probably my only option. I would rather not do that however, as I think it will confuse players into thinking that they are recruiting more powerful ships than other people.

Well, everyone's biremes would start with one experience by my suggestion. As would triremes and any other ships the Amazons have. Then the Amazons would get two experience at the dockyard. (I might suggest that Greeks and Carthaginians get an extra experience for their ships as well.)

Oh, I thought you meant give only the Amazon ships the +1 exp and counter it with the -1 to their stats. Hmm, doing it globally is an interesting idea, then there would be no need for the penalty to the stats as everyone would be on even terms. I like giving the Carthaginians and Greeks a higher bonus as well.

Edit:

I went ahead and implemented both.
    Last edited by Subrosa Florens; July 05, 2009 at 07:20 PM.

Today I finished working on the model and skin of the Bean Sidhe Screechers. They are priestesses of the Morrigan, who will be available at either 2nd or 3rd tier, probably 2nd. Obviously they will have the screeching_women attribute, which frightens enemies.

She carries a sickle to reap her victims, and wears a necklace with what will most likely be the faction symbol of the Bean Sidhe.

Her cloak is made of raven feathers.

I intend to rework the skin of the German Screeching Women to use this model, as they look silly as they are in vanilla. It will also give me the added side benefit of reclaiming their DMB entry.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

poor poor ravens

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

I should add that no animals were harmed in the production of this mod...

Not real ones at least.

my idea is to make some Historic Battles:
    The Battle of Heraclea for example.

I think that is a very good idea. I just do not have the cycles to implement it any time soon.

Do you think you could change the Gorgons that they will build eastern and not greek cities? In my opinion this would be more adequate for this region.

Personally I would prefer just to be able to select one of three amazon factions but not have the other two as a AI factions. In my campaign (Gorgons) Amazonia became a rather strong faction too. For my taste I would like to be the only one to bring a new devolopment in history.
    I dont think there is a solution for that. But at least I do not whish to get even more Amazon factions than those three.

Beside that I would like a slower population growth for all faction. Is more rewarding to build up your own empire instead of conquering huge cities.

But at whole I would suggest not to add to many changes to gameplay as they bring the danger of new CTD s and nothing is worse than to play 100 turns and the get a repeated CTD then.
    Last edited by Aryleia; August 01, 2009 at 12:47 PM.

I cannot change the appearance of the Gorgon cities without changing all of the other Amazon cities as well. That is something that works off of culture. The only solution would be to create a new culture for the Gorgons. After what I went through doing that to create the Amazon culture to begin with, I am not about to do it again!

You are also at the end of there being only 3 Amazon factions. The 4th is on its way with the next release, probably in a week or two. The reason for their being so many is that it allows one to play Amazons but still have some variety in the kind of units they have. It also puts them in positions all over the map, so there is more variation there.

CTDs are not really a huge issue with ATW, as I do not use things like background scripts that cause them with no errors and no clues as to their origin. My CTDs are at least the straightforward ones, like a typo in a sprite line, or the ones that came with the game to begin with.

The Indie Celts are finished. I just have some odds and ends to do before releasing version 2.6. Probably in a week or two.