View Poll Results: Shall Theodotos I become a Citizen?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [PASSED 06/13/09] [Citizen] Theodotos I (Patron: PowerWizard)

Default [PASSED 06/13/09] [Citizen] Theodotos I (Patron: PowerWizard)

Client: Theodotos I
    Dear Sirs,

I joined Total War Center forums in early June of last year upon the advice of several fellow Orgahs who felt I should repost my then ongoing Europa Barbarorum AAR, Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration on this site. My activity in the site was limited until my AAR was nominated for the second ever MAARC in August. From that point on, my activity and interest in the site increased by the proverbial leaps and bounds.
    I joined the mod team of The Frontier in October as the team's coordinator of recruitment and public relations. I have since become a local moderator for our community and development forums, as well as researching historical events for the mod and performing other organizational tasks. My duties as a local moderator have also led to my more recent involvement in The Silver Auxilia.
    Upon the invitation of mollsomg I became a Tale of the Week regular in December and began working on solutions to further publicize the often-overlooked contest.
    With this in mind, I joined the team of the Eagle Standard in January, after a long discussion with Calvin. My proposal was to the effect that since Picture of the Week is covered every month in the ES, Tale of the Week should be as well. He agreed upon the condition that I cover the subforum as the TOTW reporter and over the past four months, TOTW has become a standard feature of the ES. In May, Calvin gave me the following review of my work with the ES.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin
    Hello there Mr Theodotos,

As I'm sure you're aware I announced last month that I was going to do a simple performance review on each member of the Eagle Standard staff. So, here is yours:

Strengths

Since joining the Eagle Standard you have become one of the most consistent and enthusiastic members of the team. Your articles are of a high quality and you are always seeking to improve them.

Areas for Improvement

I'd love to see you branch out and try and write articles about things other than TotW, while keeping your monthly TotW round up of course! I think you have the ability to do this, and would be happy to help you in any way I can to get this started.

Overall

You are an invaluable team member, and a true asset to the Eagle Standard. I look forward to and hope for a long and happy career for you in the ES.

If you have any comments about this, please feel free to send them to me.

Calvin

In the April MAARC, my second AAR, Sword of Albion, placed second after a run-off with Red_October, making me the first gold medallist in MAARC history and one of only three silver medalists.
    Since then, I have withdrawn from the direct competitions, including TOTW, but continue to provide input by both reviewing the stories submitted and working actively to encourage new people to participate in the contest. On April 27th, I was approached by Thanatos, who extended the offer of his patronage for citizenship. I declined, citing PowerWizard’s previous patronage as reason for my refusal.
    My other activities on the site include occasional debating in the Mudpit, Academy and EMM, as well as a current class at Total War Center University. TWC is without doubt the most diverse and interesting Total War site on the Internet, and I am honored that my name has been considered for citizenship. I am interested in becoming yet more involved in the workings of the site and doing my part to raise TWC and the AAR forums to further greatness.
    That said, I lay my case before the Consilium de Civitate for their decision. I trust it will be favorable, gentlemen.
    Sincerely,
    Theodotos I

Patron: PowerWizard
    Gentlemen,

I have come to know and value Theo as a talented writer, an estimable debater and a good friend. Across the Water: A Story of the Migration - finished after 55 chapters - is one of the longest, well written and very popular RTW epics on the board. He made several contributions to the Tale of the Week contests, and lately he submitted quality articles to the Eagle Standard. Theo also won the AAR gold medal, which is an outstanding achievement in my eyes and proves how committed and persistent he is in his site activities. Let him enter the Capitol, and you shall not regret your decision. It would be my honour to be his future patron.

regards,
    PowerWizard

His previous attempt can be found here.
    Last edited by Astaroth; June 02, 2009 at 03:42 PM.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: [Citizen] Theodotos I (Patron: PowerWizard)

I thought he was a citizen already. Will take a look at him a little closer but I think he would make a fine addition to the Curia.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

At first glance all I saw was competition entries, but it seems he has done a good job of promoting and building up the AAR side of the forum and is involved in several publications. I think I will be voting yes.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

To be honest -- the scribe's bronze quill for ES and the first to earn the gold AAR medal already mark him with all that we would want in a applicant. His activities in promoting and building up the AAR portion of the site are just added reasons to vote yes..
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Poll added.

Voted yes.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

I have seen Theodotos I post many times around the forum. Each post more helpful than the last (to an extent of course). Despite all his other work dedicated to Mods and AAR's, he is an alround good poster and is very helpful.

I am going to say yes.
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Voted yes as well. A fine addition to the Curia.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

I think his passing a vote serves as testament to the fact that the CdeC does not rule out contribution in the form of AARs and other competition participation as noteworthy. In many cases a good contestant can generate a sense of sub-community that provides a venue for those interested in the TW side(but not modding primarily) to talk about the game and their exploits, which is really what this site was created to provide.

Additionally, when a user writing an AAR or similar novel is shown to possess the ability to be eloquent in their expression of fiction in a manner no doubt similar to what we expect from debaters to be in non-fiction, it maintains much the same quality standard that we look for in bestowing citizenship. In this particular case the applicant also contributed to the management aspect of a modding team and has written for a site publication, which no doubt strengthen his resume.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Passed.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin