View Poll Results: Which campaigns have you played?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rome

97 58.08%
  • Carthage

59 35.33%
  • Greek City States

106 63.47%
  • Macedon

75 44.91%
  • Seleucid Empire

43 25.75%
  • Ptolemaic Empire

31 18.56%
  • Baktria

56 33.53%
  • Armenia

20 11.98%
  • Pontus

29 17.37%
  • Saba

36 21.56%
  • Gauls

26 15.57%
  • Germans

31 18.56%
  • Iberians

29 17.37%
  • Thrace

35 20.96%
  • Parthia

29 17.37%
  • Scythia

16 9.58%
  • Massalia

34 20.36%
  • Syracuse

51 30.54%
  • Cyrenaica

26 15.57%
  • Epirus

33 19.76%
  • Pergamon

41 24.55%
  • Bosporan Kingdom

35 20.96%
  • Galatians

22 13.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which campaigns have you played?

Default Re: Which campaigns have you played?

reading those posts it seems like I am the only one who hasnt played as Rome I just think they are really boring. I like the hellenic factions but also the Thracians

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

most people have played rome evenif its just to beat pyrrhusm their reason? because its rome
    ive tried every faction apart from scythia and parthia, im currently playing as rome only i abandoned italy and chose antioch as a starting point
    it is quite fun to fight both the ptolemies and TSE at the same time while being limited to pre-marian units

that save wont work anymore so i will have to start a new one

what faction do you think i should use and where should i migrate them to?
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; July 22, 2010 at 06:57 AM.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

i will really like to remove Arabia deserta region with maybe 2-3 or 4 cities also add 1 or 2 regions in north-west Africa so Saba and Cartago cant expand more easy . especially Saba is really skater around Arabia penisiula when they unified Arabia

Unknown Soldier's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenSol View Post
    i will really like to remove Arabia deserta region with maybe 2-3 or 4 cities also add 1 or 2 regions in north-west Africa so Saba and Cartago cant expand more easy . especially Saba is really skater around Arabia penisiula when they unified Arabia
    Very off topic

but once again - XGM uses all available regions...there is no more space for any more regions.

I have no idea what this means -
    ...especially Saba is really skater around Arabia penisiula when they unified Arabia....

All the words I can read - but....

Fix the problem, not the blame!

XGM Diplomacy AAR - intelligence and voting
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...24#post3680924 :hmmm:

I believe that FrozenSol means to say that Saba's cities and armies are quite scattered once it conquers the Arabian peninsula. Fair enough, I think.

I've given almost all of the campaigns a go at some point, if only for a dozen turns or so. The ones I've played the most would have to be Pontus, Macedon, Rome and Carthage, although I've given Armenia and Saba a couple of shots. I've never actually finished a campaign.

You know what's weird?
    Since I started playing the Total War
    game series, I don't think I've EVER
    finished a campaign.
    EVER.
    Not in the vanilla games, not in mods, never.
    But I've never stopped having fun either.
    I suppose that's a good sign.

Funkyrobbie's Avatar Civis

I have never played as rome.......in this mod, i dont like playing as them there always toooooo overpowered for me i prefare playing with less powered factions that usually don't survive with ai =D
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; September 13, 2010 at 09:31 PM.

MkdRanger's Avatar Tiro

Macedonia is best
    the barbarians make it chalingeng in the begining then its easy just pown the greeks

zoser's Avatar Foederatus

Macedons, Greek_Cities
    Last edited by zoser; September 13, 2010 at 05:54 AM.

hmm ive played with GCS, Sycaruse, Macadon, rome, saba, baktria, parthia, gauls(galatians), egypt, carthage on xgm
    Tho GCS is the only faction ive only ever bothered to conqure absolutly everything with. Had abit of a blast with a gcs general was fortunate egnogh to have him named Leonidas so I made him king and took araund half the settlements on the map with him (he lived to be 84 hehe.
    My favourite has to be Baktria tho the baktian merc cav looks soooooo good + nice mix of units and easily avialabe indian eles, plenty of mines for the economy and powerfull empires to take on close by
    Saba is not bad either but their starting position can make it abit of a boaring start and their general unit really really suck with a 1hit point system. I lost like 6 generals faily fast as I am used to make good use of the gen unit to save men....

MkdRanger's Avatar Tiro

havent played only with Gaul,parhia selucid schytia,spain and rome

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

ive tried all factions and all provincials
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Ninefingers's Avatar Civis

I tend to find a faction I really like, then play them to death. It was Rome at first, then GCS (and the Cyrenian and Pergamum provincials), then Saba, and now it's Armenia. Of all campaigns I've played so far the Armenian one has proven the most exciting - a central starting location with potential enemies on all sides, an exciting unit roster with some awesome late-game units (Cataphract archers!) and the possibility to expand in nearly any direction make it a really memorable campaign.

I've restarted my Armenian campaign probably five or six times just to try different things, and not once has the political landscape stayed the same. In my latest effort the Seleucids and Scythians have maintained their alliances with me (even gifting money from time to time, crazy buggers), I've wiped out Pontus and am fighting the Indie Greeks for control of Asia Minor. Parthia is looking very dangerous, having taken a neighboring province from the Seleucids, but so far the stacks they send into my territories only use it as a causeway to get to Scythia and we remain at peace.

My only gripe about Armenia would be that the Armenian legionnaries were removed - I'd have loved to use them, but I guess the Kardakes swordsmen are pretty much the same. If not better!

"The enemy flees! Probably back to his palaces and prostitutes!" -Eastern faction battle announcer, Rome: Total War

I was in almost all groups of XGM version 3 onwards, up to 5.7 has not played for a while but I have the desire to play again.The most interesting was to campaign for MMOG - begins in the middle of civil society in the war - a real nail biting stuff. Caradog Mad - quite mad conqueror 10-star General of the Iberia, Gaul and Germany - has died at the age of 80 years chief of forces - at a price at each end of a long struggle at first because I thought it was absolutely garbage as a member of the family, because all its negative aspects since he died, he was a god.

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/romeg.jpg/

http://img835.imageshack.us/i/rome1x.jpg/

how is it possible to go into debt with the money and I have over 100 cities?

Holy crap, that's a lot of corruption and a hell of a big army upkeep. You need to manage the taxes on your own, build more law buildings and make sure your capital is set to a settlement that's the most centered in your territories for equal distances to other cities. see http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...64#post8825664 for avoiding corruption traits on your governors.

Quote Originally Posted by cvele1984 View Post
    http://img13.imageshack.us/i/romeg.jpg/

http://img835.imageshack.us/i/rome1x.jpg/

how is it possible to go into debt with the money and I have over 100 cities?
    I'm not sure how the building "Martial law" works(try to get DimeBagHo to explain how they work if you want to know that), but my guess is that you have that building instead of temples, am I correct? If yes; You should pretty much demolish every single one of them, and builid temples, the martial law building is a temporary building that is supposed to help you hold on to newly conquered settlements with very low public order. When the public order is starting to become managable, then you should immediatly demolish the martial law, because it seriously caps your income. As you can see yourself your trade income is laughable, this is probably the result of using martial law.

So my tip to you is; Demolish all martial law buildings and replace them with temples, thereafter(unless you already have done it) builid following buildings in as many settlements as you can; sea-ports, trade-caravans(eastern provinces mostly, I think), law temples(usually Jupiter for the romans), roads, markets and farms.

Because that trade income is something you can have in Athens, Kydonia and Pergamum alone.

I found the link from where DimeBagHo explains martial law a bit; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=420802
    Last edited by a-woowie.doowie; January 29, 2011 at 07:46 PM.

Just wondering, is there any other opening move for the Cyrene campaign besides to take Crete? It takes too long to go through the desert when you have sharp negative income, and is my only gripe with this otherwise awesome campaign. Also, is there a way to change our vote after we finish more campaigns?

Quote Originally Posted by zoser View Post
    Macedons, Greek_Cities
    ditto
    Sorry for my English...

top 10 favourite mods: RTRVII, RSII, 300WOS, LOTRTW, FATW, HCT, EB, ROP, ARISTEIA, IBFD

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Oblivion View Post
    Just wondering, is there any other opening move for the Cyrene campaign besides to take Crete? It takes too long to go through the desert when you have sharp negative income, and is my only gripe with this otherwise awesome campaign. Also, is there a way to change our vote after we finish more campaigns?
    Not that i know of.

You dont have enough forces in the start to stop the TPE advance. You dont have enough forces defeat the rebel armies of southern Greece.

All you can do is pick up nearby islands.

What i did in my current Cyrenne campaign was conquer Crete and give Cyrenne to TPE, then take rhodes and all the indie greek cities in anatolia.

You could try and take Syracuse or Salamis for a bit of diversity.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast