View Poll Results: Which campaigns have you played?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rome

97 58.08%
  • Carthage

59 35.33%
  • Greek City States

106 63.47%
  • Macedon

75 44.91%
  • Seleucid Empire

43 25.75%
  • Ptolemaic Empire

31 18.56%
  • Baktria

56 33.53%
  • Armenia

20 11.98%
  • Pontus

29 17.37%
  • Saba

36 21.56%
  • Gauls

26 15.57%
  • Germans

31 18.56%
  • Iberians

29 17.37%
  • Thrace

35 20.96%
  • Parthia

29 17.37%
  • Scythia

16 9.58%
  • Massalia

34 20.36%
  • Syracuse

51 30.54%
  • Cyrenaica

26 15.57%
  • Epirus

33 19.76%
  • Pergamon

41 24.55%
  • Bosporan Kingdom

35 20.96%
  • Galatians

22 13.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which campaigns have you played?

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Which campaigns have you played?

I've played them all at least one time. I especially like Bactria. A good mix of soldiers, nice starting position, early blitzing, far superior enemies.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Played all expect TSE and armenia
    Ancyra campaing would be nice
    EDIT: rome campaing is (&%/¤, because when (or if) you defeat pyrrhus theres still full stack at tarentum, and if you lose...
    Last edited by Hopit; June 03, 2009 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

The best campaign that no one is playing much is Armenia. It's difficult, but very entertaining.

Hippias: A civil war campaign is still on the to do list. Some of your other ideas might happen too, though I haven't figured out a tidy way to do EK campaigns yet. That's harder because there is no matching faction to take over their other regions the way there is with the Greeks, Romans, and Gauls.

Mathais's Avatar Ordinarius

I need to play more of the barbrian campaigns and eastern factions but the western ones due play to my style of war far but i like all of the factions even though I dont play there campaigns i do play them in costum batlles alot.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo View Post
    A civil war campaign is still on the to do list.
    I've got a some files, including a half done descr_strat for a triumvirate civil war. I'd need to change some things, but it mostly just needs armies placed, diplomacy, etc.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

If you want a truly exciting campaign we should do the mercenary war of Carthage.

We could use eastern kingdoms to emulate the mercenaries while Carthage could be initially limited to just the civic units to fight against its AOR.

Just read this: http://www.unrv.com/empire/truceless-war.php
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Primicerius

That would be so awesome! And then you'd have to recuperate to fight against an ever-more-powerful Roman Republic... That would be a great use of the EK.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    If you want a truly exciting campaign we should do the mercenary war of Carthage.

We could use eastern kingdoms to emulate the mercenaries while Carthage could be initially limited to just the civic units to fight against its AOR.

Just read this: http://www.unrv.com/empire/truceless-war.php
    well what i read form there, I saw that merc got beaten very baf

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Only because of Hamalcar's brilliant strategical skills, otherwise things could have gone much differently...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Rome currently (and getting pretty close to completion, too ), GCS, Macedon, Ptolemaic Empire, Baktria, Syracuse, Epirus, Pergamum, and Bosphoran Kingdom.

Amaranth's Avatar Ordinarius

Greek City States (Ofcourse), Seleucid Empire, Rome.
    Also started, Macedon and Gaul campaigns but didn't get to finish them (so I passed them on vote as well)

Still playing a Greek campaign.
    Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) Sub-Mod for Stainless Steel & Third Age Total War

silentsam74's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet Thracian View Post
    Although, I would be kind of fun to have something of an annual starting condition fix up. Like once a year or so make the starting conditions a little different just for a refresh. I find myself using the same strategy to lure the Macs to their own demise over and over again.
    I completely agree. It does get kind of stale so that I want to simulate the first 10 years of the capaign.

One campaign that was very fun for me and just needs a few changes to be fully playable is the Independant Greeks. It was great fun blitzing Rome with Pyrrhus right off the bat. I had to take three cities just to break even with the upkeep.
    Last edited by silentsam74; July 14, 2009 at 07:53 PM.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    --Thucydides

For some reason I play the Greek City States and Macedon over and over again. I can't get over those factions. I love the changes to all of the other factions, but I don't like playing them for some reason. I enjoy fighting them too much.

Athough I do enjoy a good Thracian and Roman campaign from time to time.

I played (more or less) extensively just a handful of factions: Macs, Thrace, Germans, GCS, Pontus, Carthage, Rome, and Bosporan Kingdom. And, I tried almost all remaining factions, but just for a 5-10 turns only (except for Scythia and Parthia) Best experience with Macs, Thrace, and Bosporan Kingdom. Favourite factions Thrace and Macs.

C-Rob's Avatar Primicerius

I am in the middle of a parthian campaign(illustrated in post your empires), and macedon, greek cities and rome are being played too for when i get frustrated with the horsearchers, sometimes you just need to have some heavy infantry in your life!

I really like where there is tons of war- the parthian east has been my most satisfying campaign so far.
    Last edited by C-Rob; July 15, 2009 at 12:39 PM.

Unknown Soldier's Avatar Ducenarius

I played virtually every faction in XGM from version 3 onwards, upto 5.7 haven't played in a while but I'm getting the urge to play again....the most interesting campaign was the Gauls - starting in the middle of a civil war - real nail biting stuff. Caradog the Mad - totally bonkers 10 star general conqueror of Iberia, Gaul and Germany - died age 80 leader of faction - charged head long into every battle initially because I thought he was totally rubbish as a family member due to all his negative starting traits, by the time he died he was a god.

Fix the problem, not the blame!

XGM Diplomacy AAR - intelligence and voting
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...24#post3680924 :hmmm:

Now that's the ideal faction leader.

I have only played (still playing) GCS so far, as I'm a very slow and inconsistent player.
    In my defense I only started playing Vanilla last year, and therefore haven't had much XGM time

I'm immortal! Unfortunately it wears off after 80 years..

Unknown Soldier's Avatar Ducenarius

Whoa my GCS campaign is in full swing I own all of Greece, Byzantium, and the Aegean coastal cities, its 273 BC and the invasion of asia minor has started. Pergamon has fallen to the Spartans and the next city north east of it is about to fall. For some reason Nicomedia has rebelled and kicked the eastern kingdoms forces out of the city, so thats another easy target.
    Next stage is Rhodes and Hallakanassus(sp?).

Should I stick with pikemen or go total retro and just use hoplites as my anvil?
    (seeing as the Spartans are in charge and didn't use the pike until around 168 BC)

Fix the problem, not the blame!

XGM Diplomacy AAR - intelligence and voting
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...24#post3680924 :hmmm:

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

I'd say use a few Phalangites, only good ones though, as a anvil and then a massive hammer. T

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast