Thread: So I downloaded it

Default So I downloaded it

How do I make it start? I found no short cuts or anything. I installed it to the main RTW folder, where BI.exe is installed. Should I have put it in the BI folder?

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: So I downloaded it

The same folder as the exe is correct. There should be a shortcut created on the desktop after running the installer.

So do I have to reinstall?

You should run the XGM installer again first. If that doesn't help you could try reinstalling RTW. Make sure that the XGM installer really is installing to the correct folder. If you have installed RTW more than once before there is also a chance that XGM installer will try to use the old RTW location.

Tried it again: No dice. No shortcut. Is there another way? Is there a shortcut buried deep in the files or a path I can type in to a fresh BI.exe shortcut's target?

Found shortcut, now it's given me some script error about barb_infantry in rebel_descr. I've reinstalled it twice, and my version is up to date (got RTW gold).

Check your version number. Some versions of RTW Gold don't update to the latest version even though they claim too. You can check the version number on the options screen, on the to right corner.

BI 1.6

That should work.

Erm, here's some more info I guess.

1. RTW is in Program Files.
    2. I'm running Vista Home Premium (barf)
    3. Other modfoldered mods like RTR and EB work fine, so it's not like I altered the game files.

Update: I went to the Unit DB (expost_descr_unit) I presume, but it gave me access denied. Starting to figure out the root of the problem here...

You might need to run the XGM installer from an administrator account (the installer should handle that automatically but it hasn't been tested on Win7).

My mistake, yeah, I'm running Win 7. I'll give it a shot.

Works fine when I ran the program in administrator. My suspicion about the files proved correct. I didn't even have to reinstall.

I'll see what I can do about fixing that problem. The files have to be installed with admin rights, but it should be possible to make it work from a normal user account.