View Poll Results: Which campaigns have you played?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rome

97 58.08%
  • Carthage

59 35.33%
  • Greek City States

106 63.47%
  • Macedon

75 44.91%
  • Seleucid Empire

43 25.75%
  • Ptolemaic Empire

31 18.56%
  • Baktria

56 33.53%
  • Armenia

20 11.98%
  • Pontus

29 17.37%
  • Saba

36 21.56%
  • Gauls

26 15.57%
  • Germans

31 18.56%
  • Iberians

29 17.37%
  • Thrace

35 20.96%
  • Parthia

29 17.37%
  • Scythia

16 9.58%
  • Massalia

34 20.36%
  • Syracuse

51 30.54%
  • Cyrenaica

26 15.57%
  • Epirus

33 19.76%
  • Pergamon

41 24.55%
  • Bosporan Kingdom

35 20.96%
  • Galatians

22 13.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which campaigns have you played?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Which campaigns have you played?

You can (and should) vote for multiple campaigns if you've played more than one. Suggestions for new campaigns, or improving the existing ones are welcome.

Default Re: Which campaigns have you played?

I only put down the ones I really played, but I've done a couple turns on nearly all of them.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

There are some that I haven't played much, but I've played at least the first 30 turns on all of them. The ones I play most are the GCS (main campaign), the Seleucids, and the Ptolemies. The ones I play the least are the Barbarians.

Greek City States is my favourite, but I enjoy Pergamom as well!
    SEMPER ALLITER SED IDEM

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Germans and Thracians can be a lot of fun as a campaign, especially as they have interesting challenges when they face civilized factions.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Fouch's Avatar Tiro

I tend to avoid the barbs as well. Other than Iberia I think the only time I've tried them was to learn how they worked in order to beat them with other factions.

As for suggestions. I spent some time today playing Subrosa Florens Amazon mod and was shocked to remember that there were two more levels of city walls. I don't want them added universally but have you considered adding the 4th tier to just the garrison script towns? I seems like it could be an interesting way to add some punch to those crucial monument towns.

everyones played rome lol

oh come on, who hasnt played rome? the most powerful nation in the world(probably) at that time.

Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by aznflea View Post
    everyones played rome lol

oh come on, who hasnt played rome? the most powerful nation in the world(probably) at that time.
    I actually have only played Rome once in XGM, and only until I captured all of Italy (= just a few turns, really). The roster just doesn't excite me, I prefer EB's.

I have only played (still playing) GCS so far, as I'm a very slow and inconsistent player.
    In my defense I only started playing Vanilla last year, and therefore haven't had much XGM time

I'm immortal! Unfortunately it wears off after 80 years..

Thasitis's Avatar Libertus

iam confused.......why are answers avaible like pergamon,massilia or epirus????you cant play this factions because they arent in game or is a trick to play epirus,pergamom etc???

edit: ah ok i found it
    Last edited by Thasitis; November 05, 2009 at 07:19 AM.

THIS IS THASOS

Quote Originally Posted by Thasitis View Post
    iam confused.......why are answers avaible like pergamon,massilia or epirus????you cant play this factions because they arent in game or is a trick to play epirus,pergamom etc???

edit: ah ok i found it
    You must choose provincional campain
    EDIT:

Boriak's Avatar Senator

I didn't finish a campaign yet as I'm not playing this mod that long. I am playing several campaigns at once, depending on what I fancy at the moment.

I play Macedon and it's getting rather boring since I make 20k per turn. I conquered Greece and Italy and I'm pushing into the heart of the Seleucid's Empire now.

I play with Carthage on Hard difficulty and it's going pretty well so far. Conquered Sicily and most of Iberia but I'm a bit worried since Romans and Pyrrh are allies now and I think neither likes me very well.

I started with Armenia but didn't go far with it.

I started a Bosporian kingdom yesterday and I'm finding it very challenging so far. I fear the Scyths will be upon me soon and I'm kind of busy with Armenians right now.
    Last edited by Boriak; December 03, 2009 at 06:20 PM.

Funkyrobbie's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Scutarii View Post
    I actually have only played Rome once in XGM, and only until I captured all of Italy (= just a few turns, really). The roster just doesn't excite me, I prefer EB's.

im going to dl this mod now and i was disappointed with eb to be honest loading timeszzzzz

gaius_caesar's Avatar Decanus

wheres the Rome(Rebels) faction?

No completed campaigns, but I've marked the ones that I have put a good number of turns into and which are still in active progress. As for Rome, I played the first few turns several times until I could reliably defeat Pyrrhus and left it there.

司徒華 - 默寫的謊言掩蓋不了血寫的歷史
    (Szeto Wah - Lies written in ink cannot cover history written in blood)

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo View Post
    You can (and should) vote for multiple campaigns if you've played more than one. Suggestions for new campaigns, or improving the existing ones are welcome.
    I would really like to see a Roman Civil War Provincial Campaign (or more than one ) also a Provincial Campaign based around the Eastern Kingdoms - perhaps with the player in charge of Nabatea and Axum , or Bithynia and Colchis, or just Mauryans or just Numidia.

Existing campaigns - I think there is a huge amount of variety there already. my only issue with the campaign game is that of a turtle style player - I play on M/M with AI bonuses off, and role play, rather than trying to actually 'win' the game.

It would be nice if ceasefires and alliances lasted a bit longer i.e. a slower game - it's always a bit of a downer to win a couple of herioc victories in a row as e.g. Bosporans v Macedon only to know you will be quitting the game in a couple of turns as you can see 3 more Macedonian full stacks + perhaps a German or scythian army coming your way...

Still a great mod though

Rome, GCS, Armenia, Saba, Massilia and Bosphorus are campaigns I've played till I became a solid regional power, but I've only gone all the way (and beyond) with Baktria and Pergamon.

For the provincial campaigns the map is independent of the main campaign map, right? So perhaps the map can be altered slightly to make it more centered on the provincial campaign, such as Transalpine Gaul being renamed to something more neutral and less Roman-centric. Or giving them an additional starting settlement at the expense of somewhere else, so that rapid blitzing is less of a neccesity in the initial few years of the campaign.
    Last edited by Publius Quirinus; June 02, 2009 at 11:17 AM.

I've played Iberia extensivly and was disapointed by the auxuilia troops they could recruit.

For the victory conditions of wipping out Carthage, Gual, Rome and Germany they only get to recruit numidian mercenaries, it would be nice if they got some low level troops from Gual and Germany possibly beserkers as well?

I feel like a noob asking this but how do you play a campaign with Pergamon in xgm? They are listed under independant greeks when I play as TSE, also I don't have Parthia listed as a playable faction when I starte a game. I though i had the latest version installed.

Go to the provincial campaigns.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast