Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XII. MAARC - Nominations

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default XII. MAARC - Nominations

Nominate AARs for June's/July' s contest.

The nominated AAR must have at least 2 updates in June and July. (extension of the competition reason : only 6 nominations)

Give the following info:

Title (as link)

Game: RTW / M2TW / ETW

Mod:

Faction:

Difficulty:

Description (short):

Teaser: (optional; a short excerpt in a spoiler with max. 3 big pictures)
    Last edited by molls; July 08, 2009 at 04:36 AM.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

SonOfAlexander's Avatar I want his bass!
    Citizen

Default Re: XII. MAARC - Nominations

[Link above = latest update at time of writing. Link to 1st page = here]

Games: RTW Vanilla and BI

Description: Caelus Luminius, the son of a veteran and a senator's daughter lived on a peaceful farm in the hills outside Rome. At the age of 8 however, the peace was shattered as Gauls slaughtered his family in a raid before capturing him and taking him as a slave. 12 years later, he is sold to the Romans as a potential Hastatus, and after fighting bravely at the Seige of Apollonia and the defeat at the Battle of Lake Bigorritis, he flees to Britannia.

Upon arriving, he takes charge of the Hibernian Brigantes tribe, who with his guidance conquer Hibernia. He has currently conquered Scotland, and is attacking the rest of Britannia with a goal of Britiannic and eventually European dominion...

Teaser:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

He knew that there was no-one on decks looking that way. Souter was standing beside Caelus, attending to the rigging knots at the front of the boat as the sail was lowered in preparation for combat. His mind churned, and he acted. He shoved with his foot as hard as he could. Finally he thought, he would make that barbarian Souter pay.

Souter however, was not the target of his kick.

Caelus felt a large hobnailed boot connect with his pelvis and he was sent head first over the side of the boat… the boat’s name, he could now see was Mountain Boy. He had one second of feeling, that horrible, deadly falling through the spray filled air. But his hand shot out and latched onto the only thing it could find. Caelus felt a small piece of rounded metal in his hand and he clutched it with inhuman strength.

He flipped onto his stomach and struggled to hold his eyes open as his chest skimmed the water, the surges of the rowers pulling the end of the ram from his grasp. He latched on another vice like hand to a sharp point, his vision and sound filled with the rushing of water. As the fleets were both rowing at full speed, they were accelerating fast enough to fill the 300 yard gap in seconds. By now, merely 100 yards lay between the two fleets. But even from his watery hell, Caelus could see his master plan beginning to unfold.
    Last edited by SonOfAlexander; June 10, 2009 at 01:03 PM.
    Please come see the BAARC
    Proud Member of the Critic's Quill & ES content staff
    Under the benificient and omniscient patronage of Carl Von Döbeln
    Bono: "Let me tell you something. I've had enough of Irish Americans who haven't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years, and tell me about the 'Resistance', the 'Revolution' 'back home'. The 'glory' of the revolution, and the 'glory' of dying for the revolution. F *** THE REVOLUTION!!!"
    Ariovistus Maximus: "Google supplieth all."
    [Multi-AAR] Caelus Morsus Luminius

Game: M2TW Vanilla

Faction: Sicily

Difficulty: H/VH

Description: The faction of Sicily relocates to Edessa and gives away all its other provinces, thus becoming a landlocked one-province faction. The goal of the game is to survive and prosper as such until 1530. Additional provinces can only be kept for up to 10 turns if their capture is necessary in a war. The story follows the lives of the consecutive "Counts of Edessa", through prosperity and turmoil, long periods of peace and relentless wars with the coming hordes, culminating in a vendetta with the Timurids. Through events alternately dramatic or comedic, heroic or farcical, the tiny state of Edessa pursues its destiny in a hostile world.

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Game: Vanilla Rome Total War
    Faction: Germania
    Difficulty: H/H
    Description
    Arminius, High King of Germania, has worked all his life to achieve one goal: the unification of his people. He, along with his sons will have to cleanse the bad blood within Germanic tribes, as well as to hold it´s borders against many invaders coming from West, East and South.
    A new style of fighting, a quick death, a son jealous of his big brother, families splitting up, women fighting harder than men, Roman arrogance and a mighty cavalry charge that will sake the earth. All of this and maybe more are what´s going on in Germania.
    Would they stand united? Shall they divide? Shall they fall under the boot of opression? or shall they rise as the dominant power in Europe?
    Time will tell.
    Teaser (major spoiler, by the way.):

Through Germania´s ill fated destiny,
    You had led us, oh proud King,
    Through hunger and sedition,
    You gave bread for the people and the sword to our foes.
    Unifier of our people, now your task is completed.
    You had ridden to war, with horse and sword
    And true to your word

The land, under your horses has trembled.
    Go now, across the horizon,
    All the way to those Golden Halls
    Oh High King, oh proud leader, oh noble father and valiant warrior,
    May your soul finds rest on those immortal lands.
    When the bard finished his song, the priests had already put around the table a large pile of wood, timber and oil.
    According to their traditions they will set the King ablaze in a funerary ceremony, where his body would be consumed and his soul freed.
    When the west horizon took the first bite out of the dying sun, the high priest of Woden lit the wooden pile with a torch. Quickly the flames gained height and power, enveloping the King in their fiery embrace.
    At first the fire and smoke only raised to the heavens above, but when the King was lost to the flames suddenly a wind from the east blew with strength and took the soul of the King away to the distant West, and to the infinite Sea.
    The eyes of the presents were glistening with both tear and flame, but with a smile on their face for they knew that their beloved King had finally met peace.
    Then it started to rain.

Look out everybody there is a new guy in town.
    Last edited by Solid Snake; June 13, 2009 at 04:50 PM.
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Game:M2TW
    Difficulty:hard/hard
    unit scale:Normal
    battle time limit:Yes
    Player Manages All Settlements:Off
    faction:France

Intro
    Its the year 1080 and France is divided into many regions most of them are rulled by robber barons, that are on a quest for personal power and land.King Philip stays in the capital Paris for many reasons,one of them because France has many enemies who would like to see king Philip dead.A strong leader could united all the people of france under one banner.Philip knows how to rule a empire

Up north their is England,conquered by William the Conqueror in 1066 from the Anglo-Saxons at the battle of Hastings.the English king William has most of the British Isle and a little part in French cald "Normandy",capital Leon.They could become a ally or easy a enemy,it all depends what the do.

To the east their is the Holy Roman Empire.They were first a part of France under the leadership of Karel the Great,but afther time the became independent,their first emperor Otto I had done many things,he fromed the Holy Roman Empire.The Holy Roman Empire is a strong nation with a good economic an military power,If the have a strong and wise leader the could conquer many regions arround them.but the have many enemies to on all sites the could be attacked by Denemark,Poland,Venic,Milan,France,...
    A faction that could be a powerfull ally or a dangerous enemy.

To the southeast their is Milan a faction that has a foothold in middle Italy and could easy cause much trouble to the frence people.founded in 222 BC,the are a nation that can do many things.not much is know of them.

To the south we have Spain and Portugal,2 faction with their own personal agenda.The struggle for power,Portugal owns 2 cities,Spain owns 2 cities.Now the are equals,but all can change over time.

Its the year 1080,King Philip rightful ruller over all of France will take all the lands owned by the robber barons in France.First of all he goes to the council of Nobles.Philip comes in the room and starts speaking, to worst all the council members.We need to secure our borders against invasions of other factions,conquer back the cities that are under rule of the robber barons and get better relations with other factions.Also I want a stronger economy,build roads,churches,barracks,farms.
    "council member fredon answers"
    King Philip were are we gonna get such large sum of money to support all this ideas ?
    When we have conquered most of the robber baron cities then our wealth will increase.
    My son prince Louis governor in Toulouse is uniting the soldiers their to besiege Bordeaux.
    Very well your orders will be followed.I fredon head of the council of Nobles declear this hearing to be over.
    "King Philip leaves the room"

Prince Louis son of Philip heir to the throne and the greatest general.He has leadership to lead any army to victory.At this moment he is preparing to move and besiege Bordeaux,having 623 loyal men ready to follow him into battle.Soldiers of France of the king you will fight and capture this castle,leave none alive, all prisoners will be executed!
    Here is my plan how we are gonna besiege the city,3 melee units of 81 men will use ladders and climb on the walls to fight the enemy there,an archere unit will use the ram to smash the gate,let us hope we have rain so our siege equipment will not turn on fire when the towers shoot their flaming arrows.Captain Asevé and Denon do you find this a good plan to assault a castle ?
    Sir Louis we should attack one wall with all units.Denon thats not a good idea we need to attack their gate and the 2 walls near the gate so we could surround them.Good I will take your advice in mind.

Philip has united France, he will be remembered as a great king to his people. Philip sits on his throne in Paris, "let them in guard"
    "yes sir" the 12 coucil members and landlord Trabeton walk into the room and look around to the decorated room, full of scrolls, books, gold candles, a portrait of Philips father. "You wanted to see us lord." Yes, dear members of the council, and Fredon and Trabeton. France never has been so strong as it is now, "Yes ofcours if you don't think of Karel the Great," Fredon answers. Don't be a smart ass, Trabeton give me a report of our cities and generals. Right away sir.
    In Bordeaux we have prince Louis with 239 men. Raoulet Poitevin with 308 men in Metz. Perrin Gassou in Marseille with 155 men.
    Guillemot de Lyon has 123 men in Rennes. Loys Alacoque with 80 men in Bordeax region.Aleamme de Plater with 136 men in Bordeax region. What are the doing ? Well sir, the council has given them a order to construct watch towers in the dark areas of our empire, so we can spot rebels are enemy armies crossing our border. Good idea Fredon, I never had doubt in you. Thank the entire council, "I just present the ideas we discuss in the coucil meetings my lord." Thanks Trabeton for giving that report.

Last edited by webMaster412160; June 21, 2009 at 03:29 AM.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Cultural Learnings of Europe for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Poland

The most infamous AAR on the TWC. Exclusive package! + DVD extra "Mockery of European Nations for Make Benefit Glorius Nation of Poland" (Here it is, episodes 2 and 3 on page 4). 3 extra episodes of pure fun, stereotypes and discrimination!

Game: ETW
    Faction: Poland-Lithuania
    Difficulty: Who cares? It's a goddamn comedy!

Teaser:
    At night we Polish closes windows and puts lettuce on our windows so the Lithuanians don't come.

We, Polish, are a very good peoples. We likes guests and always kind to wanderers and travelers. Unless they Lithuanians, of course.

Please, doesn't mind my accent. I speak English not good. I cannot gets a good english pronounciation because I has a mental trauma. I was scared by a Lithuanian when I was 7. If my father don't beat that Lithuanian with a iron hats, the Lithuanian had already bite me.

And now me and my operator Wladislaw Zbignew will starts ours journeys.

Our first stop will be Lithuania. What a pity, but we has to do it or nobody do it. We tell people about disgusting country of Lithuania.

We come to Vilnius. Stupid name, yes?

Teaser for extra episodes NEW!:
    Jak się masz! My name a Boleslaw Wagich! You probably knows me for my movies "Cultural Learnings of Europe for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Poland". See how my English improve? Very very! Today, I presents you little picture-not serie of my lessons I get travelling around Europe! Please see, dziękuję.

LESSON 1. THE DUTCH
    The Dutches is very funnier peoples. First of all, they rhyme with "Douches". Haha!
    That might means a lots when mockery of the Dutch. Second, making sure make funny of they language. As you knowing, they having too many double vowels in they word. You asking, how may I using it? Answer now in my short video.
    Under the patronage of the honourable La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

The Driest Shore

Game: Medieval II Total War

Mod: Third Age Total War

Faction: Gondor

Difficulty: Hard/Hard

Description: Leaving the crowded slums of Pelargir, a young urchin named Beregond is drafted into the Gondorian army. Follow his journey as an unwilling soldier and decide for yourself which side is really evil.

Teaser:

After being dropped off at the town, he was left to enter the shut-off slums alone to say his goodbyes. The oaken gates were bereft of their usual guards because of the biting cold. Even the bouergeoisie militia had to rest, of course! Who could expect them to keep watch over such scum day and night? After all, one must imagine the pains of tossing and turning, stressing over what kind of trouble was afoot?

Brawls, stabbings, accidents on horseback were all commonplace. Of course, one could not expect the militia to intervene? Someone innocent could be harmed in the process! What if a cavalry horse was killed, for instance! Or what it blood stained a brand-new boot?

After receiving scores of dirty looks, Beregond decided it would be best to draw his sword. He wished desperately for his knife, but it was buried underneath a pile of other confiscated weapons.

Beregond, arriving at the end of his street, stopped to admire the empty penitentiary cages. Rusty, covered with crusted blood, and now appearing somewhat softer because of the snow, they creaked in the wind. Empty. While criminals roamed the streets at will, the cages and prisons were empty. People like Beregond were pressed into military service, and even sent to barracks on the frontier, far from their loved ones.

Or did they even have any loved ones?

Love? In here....? The city where half of the boys and girls did not know their fathers? Where those who did know their fathers wished they did not? Where the mothers abandoned babies in the alleys or even the hanging cages, ashamed of living with such a burden? Where having a child was a burden in itself?

And so Beregond stood before the tavern, afraid to walk in and tell his friends what he had become.

Nagging, tugging at his head was a maelstrom of thoughts. What had he become?

But even if it was good.......the'd be quick to jude him.

Who were they to judge him? They didn't understand. Maybe they should picture themselves wasting their life. Picture themselves stuck in a cell, forced to don the accursed leather and police their former comrades.

Beregond stood like this for a long time.

The Story Of X Gemina

Game: Rome Total War

Mod: Roma Surrectum

Faction: Rome

Difficulty: N/A

Description:
    Follow Quintus Julius as he survives with his comrades of X Gemina. See through his eyes the harsh Centurion Brutus, the brave Germans, the stunning Dacians, and the fiersome Thracians. Live through promotion, death, and victory as X Gemina makes a name in the history books.

Teaser

I remember the day I was enlisted. Centurion Brutus was telling me the oath to say and I could just remember with excitement that I was saying, “I Quintus Julius will lay my loyalty to my empire.” That was 25 years ago, and I really did not know what I was getting in to. Through long days of training, fearsome battles with the barbarians, and becoming the most feared fighting unit ever I still don’t know what I was thinking. Centurion Brutus was nice when I was signing up, but as soon as our first practice day he showed us his real side. Running was hard enough the half hour we had already run, but when the stick came out I almost passed out. Days passed like this, javelin practice, mock fighting, and our “favorite” scrubbing the baths. I have come to realize now which I wouldn’t have thought then that it actually helped me for living in the legion. I had endurance for long battles from running, javelin practice gave me dead accurate skills before I came in with my gladius, mock fighting of course helped us in battles overall, and scrubbing the floor taught me we would have un-expected jobs. I am Quintus Julius, and this is X Gemina’s story...

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

At first this seemed too serious for me, but heck, I'll join.

Getting a Tan in the White Snow

Game: Medieval 2: Total War

Mod: None.

Faction: Denmark

Difficulty: VH/VH

Description: Following Johan as he conquers new lands for his father and gets rewarded with and own kingdom. From that point it's a story about that vassaldom of Denmark, which brings Danish flags to the field, but is free to make smaller decisions without the King's direct approval.
    Or something. Much is yet hidden in the darkness of the future, were even the wisest men cannot know for sure what will happen.

Teaser:

1082 AD

Prince Johan of Danemark marched southwards at his father’s orders. He left Danemark to conquer new land to the south, thus strengthening Danemark and increasing it’s power and income.
    Oh, and also to see lots of other people die.

As he marched onward, he saw something that seemed like a tiny fort belonging to the German rebels that lived there. They weren’t a part of the Holy Roman Empire, but had revolted and settled in the lands between their former rulers and Danemark.
    When the army had marched for a few hours, and was closer to the settlement, they learned it wasn't a small fort, but rather a huge castle. Johan decided to take it because in such a big castle there had to be a lot of people that could die at his command. Funny.

His army besieged the settlement for four years, and nothing special happened, except that they learned the name of the previously Holy Roman captain that ruled inside the settlement: Captain Milkshake the Lonely Warrior.

But then, in 1086 AD, another army of rebels arrived to reinforce captain Milkshake. The second rebel army, lead by some Markus, attacked the Danes not far away from the castle, and captain Milkshake and his men stormed out, though they had a long way to run to make it in time to the battle.

Kallum's Avatar I win, you lose!
    Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

Game: Medieval 2 Total War
    Mod: Stainless Steel 6.1
    Faction: Basileia ton Romaion and the Seljuk Sultanate

Description: Follow the struggle of two major empires after the collapse of the Roman Empire. Follow the intrigues at the royal court of Constantinople and Antioch as both sides are spiralling to a huge war that the world has not yet seen. We follow a upcoming nation(the Turks) and a declining nation(the Romans) as they struggle to get or maintain overall power in the eastern world of Europe and the Middle-East

Teaser:

How can one forget the horror of the war that cost us our glorious empire? How can one not blame the Comnemnus family for destroying the empire? I tell you who, the people, their blind loyalty is good in some cases but in this case not justified. I’m Anna Comnemnus, some might think that I’m Anna Comnemnus who wrote the famous Alexiad, I have to say that I’m not her, how much I would like to be her, when the empire was in it’s days of prosperity and glory, the time that young people as Zigavinos had a vision, a dream. For hundred years the war lasted which effectively destroyed our noble empire.
    The war began when the wretched Anastasia Comnemnus killed her husband in favour of herself. The people loved her, thanks to her old Roman customs as bread giving to the poor were being brought back to live. Constantine wasn’t loved nor respected but his reign was a durable continuation of the reign of Zigavinos with a increase in wealth and power. Thanks to him our great empire defeated our old enemy of Ctesiphon. But every Roman knows this story, let me talk about the Civil War.

Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began
    Author of the Basileia ton Romaion Series book 1, 2, 3
    The work has been done, the trilogy is completed or has it?

Vandal Warlord's Avatar Tiro

The Coldest Winter
    A Story of True Hell

Game- Medieval II Total War
    Mod- Stainless Steel 6.1
    Faction- The Republic of Novgorod

Description-

A tale about the life inside the closed doors of Novgorod. From the Triumphs of the great Velikiy Knyaz, to the horrors of the young soldiers, true hell will be revealed. Told from the standpoint of many, but only the few will thrive in this cold enviroment.

Teaser-
    Chapter One- The Battle of Smolensk, a Battle of Brothers
    Part Two-Часть вторая

Смоленск, Зимняя 1080 После рождения Христа=

General Vioslav Istoma looked over his men a final time before mounting his horse.

The General raised his blade and pointed at the top of the keep. He laughed.

"There boys! That is where our flag will fly! Now.... KILL THEM ALL!" And with those words, his men mobilized, finding their foe waiting outside that castle. The general himself led a troop of well armed cavalry into the conflict, setting his eyes on the man at the head of the enemy army. His brother, Knyaz Khotislav II, Knyaz of Smolensk.

General Vioslav Istoma led his cavalry in a charge at the enermy spearmen, splitting the unit in half, and making way for the Novgorodian Axemen to fill the opening and expand outward, killing all in sight. While his infantry were fighting in the center of this battle, the general led his cavalry on another charge at the enemy archers, completely destroying them. Vioslav felt the adreniline taking over as he stabbed a routing archer with his very bloodied sword. All the while Khotislav had been busy aswell, felling Novgorodian crossbows, picking off his men. Vioslav saw this, and immediatly had his men charge. When they reached Khotislavs unit, they were completly unsuspecting and where stabbed in the back by Novgorod's fury! Khotislav himself fell off his horse and ordered his men into a retreat.

With his brother's army routing, Vioslav ordered his axemen into the city where they captured any man that ran. The fighting ceased, and the flag of the Novgorod flew high above the keep in wait for the executions. Khotislav was first.

"Well." Khotislav said when his brother aproached him. "I guess this means mother was right."And he laughed

"What?" Vioslav said calmly, yet Vioslav was desperate to know. When he looked at his brother again, Khotislav looked him in the eyes.

"That you." He paused. "Are a monster." And with those words, Vioslav cut off his head with his own blade, horrified, and grief stricken. As he entered the keep, you looked up at the flag of Novgorod, and swore he saw the Virgin Mary, covering Jesus' eyes.

My Current AAR: Have Faith, My Son
    "If you are lucky enough to be Irish, then you are lucky enough"
    -Irish Proverb

History of Men

Game(s):
    RTW ROP & RTW PI (so far)
    Faction(s):

1. Persia
    2. Rome

Difficulty:
    Varries from mod. I only used hard or v.hard settings so far.
    Description:
    History of men is a project unlike any other. It tries to write the whole spectrum of history in a single AAR. It goes back to the Rise of Persia around 550BC and will see the rise and fall of the roman empire (current status) and continue through medieval times to the discovery of america, modern times and world wars. It is written less in a narrative form, but rather as a compilation of fictional historical sources.
    Teaser:
    Fabius - Ab Urbe Condita
    (written at about 50 BC)

Book VIII

(1)It was now the year 422 [332BC] and the elected Consuls were Cneaso Domitius Calvinus and Quintus Cornelius Arvinus. The war with the Latin League was over for 5 years now and the Romans had pacified their former enemies into allies once again. But that also made the neighbors feel with unease since they feared to become too dependent of Roman influence. The new consuls therefor met with the Senate to discuss the topic. The wisest of the Senators the Proconsul Lucius Furius Camillus asked the consuls: "Now that we fear that our neighbors might turn against us, what actions do you propose?" Arvinus replied: "We have to ask ourselves: Who is the biggest threat to us? It may seem to many people that the Etruscians, our neighbor to the north is our oldest and strongest enemy. But let's not forget that in the last war with the Samnites the Umbrians where a formidable ally to the Samnites cause". Calvinus, who would not agree with his colleague replied "But the Samnites are not in league with the Umbrians anymore. We have to rethink our plans and not compare old conflicts with upcoming ones".

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

I would like to nominate my latest AAR to the competition. Details as follows:

The End Of The Line

Game: Rome Total War

Mod: Imperium Julianorum 3

Faction: The Whole Roman Empire

Difficulty: H/H

Description (short): Follow a ragtag bag of units as they follow the Emperor Flavius Claudius Julianus in his attempted invasion of Persia after his hero, Alexander the Great. Will this noble Augustus triumph over the sands and bitter winds of ancient Mesopotamia or fall into defeat among his broken eagle standards under a nameless moon far from Rome?

If it's alright by the rules, I'd like to nominate a second AAR of mine:

Faction: France

Difficulty: M/M

Description:This is my first AAR written in comic style. Spanning 16 pages, it is the account of a soldier in the 8th regiment of line infantry, stranded in Algeria after a major succession war broke out in Europe. The French expeditionary force in Algeria marches to the port of Oran, recently captured by the Moroccans, in an attempt to retake it and secure its supply line to France.

Teaser:

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

Please accept my nomination

Mod: APE / TI

Faction: Knights of Saint John

Difficulty: normal

Description (short): With a small Island as my only land and haveing manpower issues. Try to bring the Order to its former glory.

Teaser:

After a short voyage the men land on the shores of Tunis and right away they march on the city. It seems they have taken the pirates by suprise for there are very few defended the city. In fact most of what we see are armed populace. This shall be a swift victory.

The General using hardline tactics launched his attack. His goal was to hit them hard and hit them fast. so he sent his Calvary after one of the units that was off by themselves. The men on horse went in so fast that not on shot was fired at them. They rode in and cut down the riflemen in short order.

Our Foot soldiers went to deal with the armed populace. They marched on them as they charged in full force, we had enough time to take one shot and then it was hand to hand fighting. There people were no match for our trained warriors and we cut them down one by one. Seeing that they had no choice most ran off and others surrendered. The City was ours.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

THE MERE SCUM OF THE EARTH

Mod: APE TI

Faction: BRITISH

Difficulty: HARD/HARD

Description: Duel perspective AAR, Follow a Solider and the Prime Minister in Britains rise to dominance.

Teaser:

“LINE UP, COME ON BEST YOU CAN LADS” A Major screamed at us to form a rough line.
    “WHERE TO BE INSPECTED BY THE GENERAL” He went on as were shuffled into line.
    “BATTALION, ATN SHUN!!”

“WELCOME TO FORT SHEFFIELD MEN...” The General spoke from horseback.
    “THIS WILL BE YOUR HOME FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS AT LEAST, HERE YOU WILL BECOME PROFESSIONAL SOLIDERS OF BRITIAN"
    “WHAT HAPPENS THEN LADS, IS ABOVE EVEN MY HEAD” He laughed.

It seemed like Sir Massue was going to be a good leader of the Battalion.

“Well Colonel, they look like they have potential” He said turning to our Colonel next to him
    “Thank you Sir, I’ll make sure they’ll be the best Battalion under your command” Colonel Price replied
    “Excellent, well dismiss them Colonel, it’s getting late, all Battalion officers are meeting me tomorrow morning at dawn.. Good night Colonel” With that the General retired.
    “Dismiss them Major”
    “BATTALION DISMISSED, GET A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP LAD, IT ALL STARTS TOMORROW!!”

Training began next morning... It was hard the drill, the runs, it seemed we were ment to become super soldiers. At least we seemed to have decent officers, I found my Company commander Captain Hunt as an encouraging and supporting captain. We had no sergeants we were told that becoming a NCO was something we should all strive for in training, I was giving it my all and it seemed the ruthlessness and cunning I learnt in the rookery was paying off as I was often praised by Captain Hunt.....

It was relentless how ever day we were worked to the bone... The live fire musket drills seemed to be the main priority of our training, and we took casualties from the many miss fires that were notorious of the weapon. But always, every day it was FIRE, CARTRIDGE, PRIME, LOAD, RAM, MAKE READY, and FIRE!!!

I'm going to re-enter my AAR, for kicks.

The Eastern Eagle

Game: RTW

Mod: Europa Barbarorum

Faction: The Ptolemaic Empire of Ptolemy Philadelphus

Description: Much has changed since Ptolemaios battled against the Seleukidai in his youth. Empires have risen, fallen, crumbled to dust. A great new power has appeared in the West, dealing defeat after defeat to all who stand in its way.

Now, Ptolemaios II Philadelphos stands at the edge of a precipice -- if he can deliver this final victory for Egypt, his hegemony is assured. If not...

The lands of the Nile will be submerged in endless waves of Phoenician mercenaries and illiterate barbaroi. The very fate of Hellenism is at stake...

And the man named Hannibal Barca will stop at nothing to achieve his ends.

Teaser:
    I remember screaming out an unintelligble war-cry just before the shuddering impact of our line and theirs meeting occurred. The infantry of the center were bowled over, killed by spear or sword or by the sheer mass of the equine fury arrayed against them.

I, foolishly, did not look at any part of the battle but my own, which was going splendidly. The warriors in the center fell back at an alarming rate; we had nearly broken through their entire line. I wondered why warriors of the Sacred Band would give so easily.

I then stopped and noticed that only the front two ranks had been of the Sacred Band; the rest was mere barbarian rabble.

Which led to the question: Where were the rest of the elites?

On the flanks, behind two ranks of barbarians...

And thus my lonchoroi, effective at the first charge, became bogged down in masses of spear-armed and bronze-clad warriors whose weapons took a terrible toll among my warriors.

I yelled at my Companions to rally, and turn towards the flanks and save my men. As they began to kick themselves into a semblance of order, a bare hundred men detached themselves from the melee to my right and charged at my milling, confused cavalry.

These warriors were of course of the Sacred Band, and were spurred on by a young warrior bearing the only mount in the entire enemy force.

He was glorious to behold, wearing bronze armor decorated with presumably religious figures and scenes from his barbaric culture. He bore a modified Attic helmet, as they are called, with a snow-white plume.

He could only be the son of Hamalcar...

Hannibal Barca.
    Last edited by Antiochos VII Sidetes; July 14, 2009 at 10:17 AM.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

ReD_OcToBeR's Avatar Senator

The Ishtar Gate to Alexandria
    Rome Total War
    Roma Surrectum 1.5c
    The Seleucid Empire
    Hard/Hard

The month of June and July consist of a few updates that climax to the final great battle of Kassandros' career. It is the largest and most hard hit battle of all time in the Seleucid Empire's war against Armenia.

Note: the link begins with the month of June's posts.

HERE

Game:M2TW

Mod: Machiavello:Spicciolati

Faction:Siena vs Florence

Difficulty:Vh/VH

Description:
    The Battle of Montaperti was fought on September 4, 1260, between Florence and Siena in Tuscany as part of the conflict between the Guelphs and Ghibellines. It gained notoriety for an act of treachery that turned the tide of the battle, which was immortalised by Dante Alighieri in his poem The Divine Comedy.

Teaser:

tuore's Avatar Senator

Wow, 18 nominations if i counted correct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast