Advertising is allowed in the official advertising board and in AAR threads. Any other kind of direct advertising to advocate nominees is prohibited. Those who breach this rule shall be disqualified for 3 months.

The competition manager will take whatever steps necessary to insure the integrity of the competition.
2 Votes per person!!

Read the stories and
Vote For your favourite Story.

Share your comments.

Submission 1
Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
Caesars legions

Caesar marched into Gaul territory moving to the Gaul capital Alesia with a legion of 5000 men most of them where experienced veterans and eager to kill those barbarians naming theirselfs Gaul.
A soldiers says: it's a dark sky,the soldiers looks further and then he saw with his eyes a blue sky he now gets a comfortable feeling.

Caesar was one a horse at the front of the army with several bodyguards,he looks in front of him he looks very far at the end his eyes can see and then he saw movement in the hills in front of him he saw Gauls moving on the hills into a line ready to charge on the command of their Gaul warlord.
Caesar saw this immediately a danger to the Roman army and sounds the horn a sound goes through all the ears of the soldiers,
All soldiers knew this means the battle was about to begin,some soldier think am I gonna live when the battle is done ?
The Roman army moves into formation the arcgers up front to fire their missiles at the enemy the veteran cohorts where in the second line behind the velites.
Archers where waiting one the orders of Caesar to fire upon the Gauls,every soldier was eager to fight and loyal to Caesar.
The sun came through the dark blue sky,the sun was shining on the soldiers their face they where all feeling eager and strong a dark day became a sunny day,a good sign a soldier says to a other soldier.

Gauls where now moving fast on the ground with their feet the soldiers could hear the ground shaking at the noise of the Gaul army charging to the Roman army.
Caesar orders the archers to fire,archer soldiers take their spear from their belt point it at the sky aim to the point of the sun to fire upon the gauls.
A war-cry came from the charging Gauls and Caesar says Roma Victoria,all soldiers repeat Caesar,then the Romans charge upon the Gauls.
The 2 armies clashed upon each other and the sunny day became a bloody day.
You could still hear in the Roman say "Roma Victoria !!!"

Submission 2
Pride

Boom... Boom... Boom... The drums sounded...
Boom... Boom... Boom... The men marched...
Boom... Boom... Boom... The ballista fired...
Boom... Boom... Boom... War has come...

"Hold your lines! Hold your lines!" Screamed the general into the air, our round shields were up and the hail of javelins hit them with an annoying crunching sound. As the hail stopped, we lowered our shields and screamed, letting them know we would not be subdued this easily.

"Soldiers... My brothers... My god what a glorious day this is, in the gods' names we have gathered here, upon this field of glory..."
He stopped talking as he dodged a javelin thrown at him.
"To destroy the evil that has risen, to destroy this foe that has come... They dare challenge us, on OUR lands! For that we have united my friends... To push this vile creature off our lands, once and for all... For that reason we have united, my friends"
The general turned forwards, facing the enemy with his horse, he raised his sword up, and the entire army stood up straight, no more shields up, perfect line formation.
"Soldiers! Brothers! Warriors! TO WAR!"
He screamed, and they charged to meet the Roman force, more javelins hit, more people were killed, and I ran frantically, hoping not to get hit, I saw something black in the corner of my eye, and the cold grass met my face... I was speared... Like a wild boar...
I rose again, I knew I should have felt pain, but it did not come... I continued my run to the enemy, my frantic sprint, but I got hit again... This time in the chest... In my pride... My coat of arms destroyed...
My honor...
My dignity... Ruined...
I have come all this way...
Representing my people...
Representing my family...
And here I die... With not one achievement...
Not any pride...
I die now.

Submission 3
Thoughts before battle.

I slowly move my eyes over the land, thy don’ t reveal any thing from this point. The columns of maniples passing me bellow on the small muddy road, did not awake my worried thoughts. Thy where moving in to battle formation.

You could here the centurions shout there orders. Primumagmenhalte.

It has been three months since we left Italie, the constant fighting has cost my legion a lot of brave Roman souls who will wander about in the underworld.

As I lifted my head up to the sky I could feel the cold rain drops tingle my skin. It felt like a redemption as I knew this would be the last battle. Thy where tired of fighting, some of the prisoners that where caught a few day’ s before told us that thy where pushing there general to fight the final fight.

I was still in deep thoughts when one of my officers approached me. He saluted me and continued, general the legion is in position. I even did n’ t notice it. But reacted on the man' s question just in time to not make him worried about my sate of absent.

Any news of the enemy centurion? Yes general thy are approaching us from that small hill. As pointed out the hill with his finger, you could see the enemies banners march over the hill straight to us. You could hear them raise there war cries. Hilthe heer, haltan hindieeer, a powerful war cry aroused from the enemies line.

At the same time you could feel the tension rise from both armies that would soon clash in to each other trying to gain victory. Thy looked fears these men on the other side of that field. Brave warriors with painted faces, well fed, well equipted and ready for battle.

My own men where few in numbers, to refill my legion I had to put my faith in local Greek warlords who expressed there loyalty to Rome. Thy had send me some of there skirmisher units, well trained in throwing there javalins but underpowered and lightly armed to fight well trained soldiers. The 240 hoplites thy send me where a bit better if you would use them proper that is thy where armed with a helmet some armour of lesser quality a huge round shield and a large spear. I decided to flank them with the 400 sword hoplites. Dividing them equally on both sides. As thy act in one massive formation you need to protect these spear hoplits flanks.

I drove my horse in front of the legion, you still could here the enemy shout there war cry and hurl insults in our direction. BRAVE ROMANS look to the sky and see how the gods are weeping for the loss of our comrades, we are here this day to avenge there dead. With the help of the gods and the will of better men we will crush our enemy...

Victory or dead to us.

Submission 4
"Roma"

Charon awaits, coins at ready.
Enemy comes, hold steady.

The wretched boatman, fear of olde.
Hold no anger, but behold.

Hades longs, for your shades.
Appease him not, my brigades.

They step closer, to their doom.
For their souls, sorrowfull gloom.

In times that come, world on fire.
Torches lit, the moment's dire.

Unleash the javelin, let it fly.
The more in air, the more will die.

Unsheath the sword, make no error.
Watch them panic, enjoy that terror.

Hold the center, press the flanks.
Reinforce the line, shred their ranks!

Form testudo, arrows come.
Let them waste, until there's none.

Quivers clear, now let's charge!
Are they brave, as their number's large?

Howl like mad, make them shiver.
Meadow blooded, by crimson river.

Foe that falters, in eternal shame.
For us no more, but an easy game.

Broken spirit, rout is close.
How they run, on their toes?

Wounded pride, their defeat.
Enjoy your victory, a mighty feat!

For our children, ground foe to dust.
Barbarian's nemesis, to be we must.

On this field, monument erect.
Savage army, here was wreck'd.

What's done here, forever known.
How bravely we, put those down.

Proud men, of Aeneas' blood.
Today's heroes, how tall you stood.

Centuries that come, remember fame.
Mother Roma, shout her name!

Submission 5
The rain pounded on the brim of my helmet. The droplets, tiny and insignificant alone, together joined to drum out an orchestra for all the world to hear. And yet, despite their grandest efforts, I was the only one that payed them any mind and indeed, to me the rain was an incredible nuisance. I shivered uncontrollably as I marched forward with my comrades, my feet sinking down into the half-liquefied earth. Chills ran down to the very root of my spine as water collected on my skin and flowed down to the tips of my toes. I clenched my fists around the slick leather straps of my shield and the wood of my javelins. Nails dug into flesh and crimson blood gathered around my fingertips, only to be washed away by the rain. The pain brought life back to my limbs, and that was all that kept me moving.

The officers barked "Tarda.....Consiste!". With that, thousands of feet stopped their synchronized march.

"Pila tolle!"

I shifted in my place, unsure of whether I had the will to carry out the next order.

"...Pila iace!!"

I groaned as I reluctantly stepped forward and relaxed my grip on the wooden shaft, sending the weapon flying up into the air. Even before the shafts left our hands, we were bracing ourselves for the return volley. I crouched down into the vegetation and grabbed another javelin, looking to the skies. When it was safe, I gripped my second javelin and immediately launched it across the field.

A second time, I hid in the weeds; my fingers fumbling to connect with the third javelin as my eyes darted from left to right. But then my hands slipped, and it fell to the ground. I looked away from the sky, searching for my final means to harm the enemy.

"Pila iace!!"

I stood just as my fellows began retreating, having already thrown their final volley. But I was determined to finish my duty before running to safety. I pulled my arm back, began to step forward and then abruptly fell to the ground, gasping for air. A cruel iron tip had lodged itself in my neck, and I struggled to remove the foreign entity from my soft flesh, but in vain. Pain wracked through my body, but instead of warmth, I felt cold slowly taking over my body; sapping away what little life remained there. My teeth clamped together on my tongue and tears streamed down my face. My shield lay out in front of my face, the arm strapped to it devoid of any movement.

Then the pain seemed to slip away; muscles relaxed and vision dimmed. Soon all I could see was but a single blade of grass, tormented by the wind and rain just as I was moments earlier. As I closed my eyes for the final time, I heard only the sound of the rain as it hammered against the dead man's shield.

Perhaps the rain wasn't so terrible after all...

Submission 6
White Reflection

The sun is shining brightly as the clouds are moving in calmness. Every soldier braced their equipments for the upcoming war and all of them seem confident. But one figure does not perceive the weather this way -- he is Heero. As his name says, he is a hero in battle. Once champion that is yet to meet a worthy rival. But -- the weather instead signs to him that a rival is there to greet him.

A bright sun inside his dark thoughts reflects the light in his heart. What people might call "White Reflection" is once again rebirthing inside his heart. Heero is known to be cold before by his fellow comrades and minions and more importantly, being known to resort to extreme ways to win a battle. A flash of thoughts now clouded his people. How has he changed?

The source of a faraway universe -- More than peace, more than freedon, more than justice. Is the light within the human heart. Even if rivals didn't exist, even if there is no life inside him, even if the sight has begone from his eyes. He has one that he keeps to himself as a promise. That is to achieve a freedom, and to show the light within the human heart. Although at times he resorts to extreme and dark ways.

More than hope, more than ideals, more than aspirations. Is the way a mind thinks. Now he wakes up, equipping himself with the ideal equipments. In hopes he can show the light within the human heart this time. And with an ideal of justice within him. He embarks his journey to go for war.

Soon he knows the details of his opponent. His heart seems to be torn after hearing it. He faces an old friend, Leonardo. One that he knows for so long a time. To face a 'former friend' separated through harsh times is harsher than separation. Perhaps his resortion to extreme ways before is why he has to face such harsh times.

He sees the Javelinmen preparing for war. Praying to his God, somehow -- he sees something never seen before. The shields are reflecting white even though it's colour is golden. Finally, he realizes something that he seen in his dream -- White Reflection.

Submission 7
RED, RED SUN
SONOFALEXANDER
Zeuxis tipped back the jug, inviting it’s cold, sweet contents into his mouth. The red wine, glistening in the dim light like blood, disappeared down his gullet as a cheer of many men broke out behind him, accompanied by a cacophony of laughing soldiers. He turned on the stool to see men crowded round a high platform in the tavern, where a slave girl was slowly undressing, every piece of clothing she removed drawing a cheer from the exhausted spectators.
He shook his head, wondering how the men could relax so easily and cursing each and every one of them for their ability to forget the trauma that they had endured earlier that day.

If it hadn’t been so bad, then the Greek tavern would have been a lot fuller.

Zeuxis hung his head and exhaled slowly, trying to get the adrenalin out of his system. He heard the bartender begin to mumble as he closed his eyes. His head swam, the deep black of his closed eyes flowing into a landscape around him. All voices faded as the bartender’s pervaded the silence in his head.

“…
Youth of delight, come forth,
And see the opening morn…”

He saw in front of him a gently rolling hill, with meadows to his right. He saw the view pan from side to side, revealing the men beside him and behind. The Roman Legion marched forward. From over the hill, the hooves of enemy horse reached his ears.

“… As sure as stars fade with the dawn,
Battle is an endless maze…”

He shrugged, letting the Phrygian helmet of the Cilician Mercenary Auxiliaries fall more comfortably over his now sweat-washed head. He blinked as the first drops of rain began to fall, mingling with his sweat.

“…Tangled roots perplex her ways,
The gods of war guarding o’er her gates…”

Zeuxis looked up in angry defiance. He could make out vague forms of enemy horsemen making their way towards him, but he saw nothing for a moment after. He searched for the elusive sight, his mind coming to center on the same place… but his arm was held aloft, javelin ready, instincts taking over as several tonnes of trained equestrian meat headed straight for his positions.

“… choose you foes carefully, for they’ll stay with you to the end,
They’ll last with you longer than your friends…”

The metal flew and Zeuxis mind with it, as he felt himself ripped out of this world in his mind. He heard the crunch as his spearhead met the bone and armour of the Greeks… his skull sounded with it as he slipped from his perch and smashed his bare skull on the stone floor. A burning pain… sight and sound evaporate…

He was on the plains of Greece, watching the sun go down over the battlefield… the red, red blood failed to soak into the sodden ground as the rain ceased and the sun emerged between the hills, it’s red, red light like blood casting out over the land.

A red, red sun.

Submission 8
A gift from the Gods.

"It will be a good day to depart," exclaimed Amalric.

Adelmar did not respond, looking outside of the cage. The sun would be rising soon from behind the eastern hills. He saw the light rain fall delicately over the meadow, as a gentle breeze from the mountains refreshed the prisoners, bringing them the scent of the wet dirt and flowers of the field. The scene made him long his home in the North.

"A good day indeed," he replied, finally.

The peaceful moment became interrupted by the sound of a horn. Soon, a detachment of soldiers approached to the cells. A deformed smile grew in their leader’s scared face and the men around him began to laugh as well, making sickening grins. Two of them opened the doors and dragged the chained men outside. Disgusted, Amalric and the rest stood up and carried their chains, pressed by their guardians to stride out of the fort.

The barbaric invaders had formed their lines of red shields on the grassland. Their leader was mounted on a dark horse, plated from head to toe, the coward, and wearing a red mane on his helm. Bastard had burnt down villages and murdered thousands, men, women and children alike.

They had to give him credit for his originality, though. After all, who wants to see yet an other boring crucifixion? "You ambushed us throwing spears and arrows to us, now we shall do the same to you," was what said the translator after their capture.

"Quite a spectacle for his brutes,” exclaimed Amalric, "he has summoned them all."

The line of prisoners moved in front of the first rank of the army, before the javelinmen. Upon reaching the correct position, they were ordered to stop and turn to face the army. The sun now rose over the mountains, shining from behind the fog and clouds on the sky. The rain drops fell on their faces, providing the condemned with the tears their eyes could not produce in that sour moment. Their precious land, their cold forests and whispering grooves; their green plains and rainy days, conquered by the steel of graceless bigots from the South. Adelmar imagined his grandchildren, speaking the weak tongue of the conquerors and worshiping foreign gods in temples made by men.

The foreign commander on the horse stared at his eyes. He looked amused. The prisoner turned to him, challenging. Raising his hand, the rider turned to one of his subordinates and, nodding, the man began to yell orders.

The condemned faced the enemy. The brutes chuckled and betted on who would get the best hit.

The sun got higher, but stayed hidden in the clouds, as if it did not want to see.

An officer rose his sword, and his men got ready to shoot their javelins. Rain continued to fall, more heavily.

Adelmar looked to the Sun, as it cried rain drops over them.
"Fire!" was the last sound they heard, and then went to sleep...

Later that day, when the Romans were gone to their camp, leaving the dead on the field, a celestial line of colors was drawn across the sky, falling gently over the fallen heroes.

A gift from their gods.