Thread: Help!:How Do I stop this Rioting?

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Help!:How Do I stop this Rioting?

Supposedly Norway's the easiest faction, so I play it, and I find that whenever I capture a settlement, they're always mad at me! It's the religion, I try to exterminate, lower taxes, build a pagan shrine and drinking house, nothing works. How do I calm down these Christians and make them go Pagan?

Default Re: Help!:How Do I stop this Rioting?

Low taxes, exterminating, keep your general in the settlement, make him a local lord (gives a law bonus), don't destroy the christian religious building until you either have enough troops to stop a rebellion or the population likes you enough/isn't totally christian, send in your characters in the region to increase the pagan conversion rate, kill enemy characters that do the opposite...

You probaly destored the churches at once... you gotta wait to do that until you are accepted to do that by the population if you are going to keep the settlement...

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

Don't keep your general and spies (conversion bonus +5) in the settlement but within in the region...generals and spies are often killed during riots...they need not stay in settlements for converting...also take into account the conversion bonus of adjacent regions...

Fredericus Iulius's Avatar Foederatus

How about moving the capital in the region you just occupied?