Thread: Sengoku Jieitai 1549

You know, it's hard to say where this topic would belong but my guess is that since it's a sci-fi movie it really belongs here in Off Topic.

Basically the movie, Sengoku Jietitai 1549, is about a bunch of modern day Japanese soldiers getting transported back to the Sengoku Jidai (where they apparently run in to Oda Nobunaga :shocked ) during some kind of field test. (the idea here is reminiscent of that movie made here in America about the American Aircraft Carrier getting transported back to 1941 the day of Pearl Harbor)

It's my understanding that this Sengoku Jieitai 1549 was originally an old movie made back in the 1970's called G.I. Samurai (which was reviewed here if you want to know more about it) and is now being remade by Toho Studios (Godzilla fans should recognize this studio&#33. All in all it looks to be a fun movie, but you know trailers, they always show the best parts.

The link here provides information (as well as a teaser and a trailer), but it doesn't really go beyond anything in my post.
    http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/002004.html
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Looks mother-****** awesome.

It does look good, I think I'd enjoy it, but just looks wierd with helis and samurai together.

True, it does feel very weird to see two time periods mixed together so. I'm hoping it will make its way to America in some way, shape, or form because I believe I could suspend my disbelief just enough.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.