Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Be Evil, faction standing beta .04

papio's Avatar Libertus

Default Be Evil, faction standing beta .04

The goal of this mod is to allow evil factions to be 'evil' without hurting their relations with the dark lord and other evil factions. Evil factions will now be rewarded for having a bad reputation by increasing (not decreasing as it was before) their relations with other evil factions. The more evil you are the more you relations are increased, so burn and pillage to your heart's content. Also the dark lord does not tolerate niceness, releasing prisoners = bad , and does like assassination, extermination and sabotage.

This should be compatible with any other submod as I know of none that alter the same file, to install just copy it into your third age data folder. Is save game compatible as well.

I hope to further improve this, so any suggestions and feedback is appreciated. Hope you all like it, have fun

Updated: Now only 'good' men and dwarves can execute/exterminate orcs without reputation penalty, elves who do so will have lowered global standings as normal and will also have slightly lowered standings with other elves.

If you would like you elves to be able to execute/exterminate orcs without a global rep penalty use descr_faction_standing_v.2.txt (be sure to rename it)

old updates
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Update 2: Good factions can now execute/exterminate mordor, isengard, and OoMM soldiers/settlements without getting a bad reputation (however, generals that carry out such actions may still gain fear). Also the impact of execution/release and exterminate/sack/occupy between evil and sauron has been slightly increased.

update 1: Tweaked how assassinations and sabotage affect evil faction relations with the dark lord, and removed vanilla triggers hurting papal reputation for 'crusaders' who attack 'orthodox' (elves). Also removed potential for evil attacking evil to help papal standings.

Also I highly recommend using this with zzzz's ai for the best result
    Last edited by papio; June 08, 2009 at 11:39 AM.

Default Re: Be Evil, faction standing beta .01

Nicely done, +rep.

Very nice . Did this work come from the thread I opened concerning this? + rep.

Great! I tried a more "brute force" approach, but I think it might complement yours nicely-- just added to the end of the file:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;; Faction specifc rules ;;****************************************************************************************************************************************
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger 0200A_Update_Attitude
    WhenToTest UpdateAttitude
    Condition FactionType scotland
    FactionStanding factions { sicily, milan, moors, turks, egypt, mongols } normalise 1.0 200
    FactionStanding factions { england, france, hre, spain, venice, papal_states } normalise -1.0 200
    Trigger 0200B_Update_Attitude
    Condition FactionType sicily
    FactionStanding factions { scotland, milan, moors, turks, egypt, mongols } normalise 1.0 200
    FactionStanding factions { england, france, hre, spain, venice, papal_states } normalise -1.0 200
    Trigger 0200C_Update_Attitude
    Condition FactionType milan
    FactionStanding factions { sicily, scotland, moors, turks, egypt, mongols } normalise 1.0 200
    Trigger 0200D_Update_Attitude
    Condition FactionType moors
    FactionStanding factions { sicily, milan, scotland, turks, egypt, mongols } normalise 1.0 200
    Trigger 0200E_Update_Attitude
    Condition FactionType turks
    FactionStanding factions { sicily, milan, moors, scotland, egypt, mongols } normalise 1.0 200
    Trigger 0200F_Update_Attitude
    Condition FactionType egypt
    FactionStanding factions { sicily, milan, moors, turks, scotland, mongols } normalise 1.0 200
    Trigger 0200G_Update_Attitude
    Condition FactionType mongols
    FactionStanding factions { sicily, milan, moors, turks, egypt, scotland } normalise 1.0 200

Trigger 0200H_Update_Attitude
    Condition FactionType england
    FactionStanding factions { sicily, milan, moors, turks, egypt, mongols, scotland } normalise -1.0 200
    FactionStanding factions { france, hre, spain, venice, papal_states } normalise 1.0 200

Trigger 0200I_Update_Attitude
    Condition FactionType france
    FactionStanding factions { sicily, milan, moors, turks, egypt, mongols, scotland } normalise -1.0 200
    FactionStanding factions { england, hre, spain, venice, papal_states } normalise 1.0 200
    Trigger 0200J_Update_Attitude
    Condition FactionType venice
    FactionStanding factions { france, hre, spain, england, papal_states } normalise 1.0 200
    Trigger 0200K_Update_Attitude
    Condition FactionType spain
    FactionStanding factions { france, hre, england, venice, papal_states } normalise 1.0 200
    Trigger 0200L_Update_Attitude
    Condition FactionType hre
    FactionStanding factions { france, spain, england, venice, papal_states } normalise 1.0 200
    Trigger 0200M_Update_Attitude
    Condition FactionType papal_states
    FactionStanding factions { france, hre, england, venice, spain } normalise 1.0 200

I admit I think diplomacy should be mostly trivial. I think the good guys should all get along and hate the bad guys, etc. Nothing bugged me more than when in the original version the High Elves would attack Rohan or something equally improbable...
    Last edited by RandomAttack; May 31, 2009 at 01:39 PM.
    "Perfect" is the enemy of "good enough".

papio's Avatar Libertus

Oh forgot to mention it above but this works nicely with zzzz's ai as his ai increases cooperation between good faction.

@ SotW yeah your thread is what got me first thinking of this.

@RandomAttack as it is now factions with good reps will like each other better while factions with bad rep will like each other better. The real issue is in the ai files, which I might try and tweak a little concerning how global rep affects decsions.

papio's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Be Evil, faction standing beta .02

updated OP

Again, well done.

Ragnarök's Avatar Decanus

Very nice thanks papio!

Brilliant!

papio's Avatar Libertus

I'm glad to hear that you guys like it, if anyone has any suggestions for improvement I'd be happy to hear it . Also if anyone wants to include this in their mod feel free.

Thanks for taking the time to implement this. Great idea.

Ragnarök's Avatar Decanus

This was something that always bugged me, in any mod and game. The pope just was not to satisfy

VooDoo's Avatar Libertus

you had me at hello
    Murphy's law:"if anything can go wrong, it will."
    Intel Quad Core Q6600
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    Gigabyte P35-DS4
    2x 1gb A-DATA DDR2 RAM
    Vista Ultimate 32bit
    Headset Audio Technica ATH-AD700

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Nice job, sir

Decanus

is it save game compatile with rc may 22nd update

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

Well, there goes my super chivalrous haradrim general. Nice mod.
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

Really awesome!

Many thanks! Makes very good sense.

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

Won't this up city development?
    Generals with high respect (chivalry), make settlements evolve faster, Generals with high fear (dread) do the opposite...
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

Yes Mordor campain started
    worshipper of Aulë ... and thx for all the dwarves

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast