Thread: OUT OF DATE FX mod and TapFX Beta

Default OUT OF DATE FX mod and TapFX Beta

Tyrants and Patriots Beta Released
    A difficulty and realism tweak combo mod.

TapFX that is at moment a full mod by itelf (while in devopment phase) is available for any brave Beta testers. When its balanced il make a version that incorporates the latest Darthmod files,

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260240

old 1.2 TRomFx contents not 1.3 balanced o
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Imperial Rights Mod pack -T.R.O.M. with FX for Imperial Splendor, or Darth Mod.

Mod Contents.

OK this is just parts of SAGE2's very tasty mod The Right of Man modified to be 100% compatible with Quixote's Imperial Splendor, or any Combat AI mod such as DarthMOD.

All the Credit goes to SAGE and his team i have simply edited it for playing with Imperial Splendor.

No files that I.S uses have been included, so you can load this mod before or after I.S. with no conflicts.

Brief Summary of what is included. From TROM forum

* Spanky's Realistic (and extremely well researched) Flags.
    *Erasmus777's equipment mod v1.3 - New.
    * Sinhuet's battle formations 1.2 for the Battle AI to use -- more challenging land battles!
    * Navern's firing more visible firing arc.
    * MechDonald's Smoke and Blood Light - latest version.
    * Obushnikov's musket and cannon sounds. They're hands-down the best I've heard - listen for the snap of the hammer!
    * Warhanomars' Pip-mod and Marble re-skin for the UI.
    * TheStinger's slightly modified early-game campaign script.
    * Adjusted traits and ancillaries for greater player challenges, and more characters with both positive and negative traits.
    * Reduced speed of research through adjustment to buildings, characters and government types.
    * Significantly reworked aspects of the happiness, research, income, building benefits, campaign income, and more. Balancing progress, happiness and industrialization will be much more challenging, and the better balanced buildings will help the CAI. You will have to make very hard choices.
    * Dozens of other small changes to improve gameplay.

a note from me
    Unrest is now Brutal ! also you will see a much more significant effect between the different Government types in regards to research, military costs and unrest.

These are in summary...

Absolute Monarchies: - Cheaper recruiting 20% (armies) , But the poor hate your guts and Research is slower and causes greater unrest, less Ecenomic/Trade Growth.

Constitutional Monarchies: - Normal recruit costs, research and Trade. Upper Class dislikes you, medium levels of Unrest.

Republics: - Recruiting armies costs 20% more, Research gets a bonus and causes far less unrest, bonus in the growth of trade.

There are also influences from Government on agents and traits but il let you discover them.

A compilation submod that captures some of Sage 2's the The Rights of Man look and feeling. Plus numerous other small mods.

Download latest TROMwFX mod here mod_trom_wFX_4IS.pack:

Alternate version TROMwFX but with No smoke and Blood - here
    Full Changlog and Install Instrctions can be found here.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260240
    Feel free to leave any comments feedback or queries there as well.
    Last edited by Dogmeat; July 05, 2009 at 02:42 AM.

DeaDBolT's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: TROMwFX - Revolutions and Tyrants Mod

I allready tried your mod for a bit just now and ill play it more indepth later, but here is my first impressions:

Research seems a bit slower, moreso for monarchies and technology's also give bigger bonuses for the most part, which means you really gotta pick an area to focus on and choose your techs well, it adds much more strategic depth.

Also, in vanilla there is no difference between a monarchy, const.monarchy or a republic other then the later two limiting your options to appoint leaders and a slightly diferent happines balance
    Im glad to see there is now some more impact on happines, research and recruitment for different government types, maybe now i can finally see a revolution happen in my kingdom.

Ill try to play the mod a bit more in-depth later, but it looks like we have a winner here, especially if you could maybe add different research trees for different countries/governments maybe? i would like to see that anyway, + rep to you.

Cheers,
    "Opinions that come forth out of prejudice and lack of knowledge are always defended most fiercely, often with violence" Unknown (with additions by myself)

Proud to be Dutch.
    A proud member of S.I.N.

Something i said made sense? +rep me to +rep you.

DarthMod@Twitter (NEW!)
    Call to arms! An army of 5.000 is needed.

I guess the zones of recruitment of (current) TROM are not implemented ?

This sounds great. I love the battle changes done by Darthmod and the changes to the campaign done by TROM. This means I can use them both at the same time? Does it work with the latest versions of Dartmod, TROM and ETW?

TromFX is just getting updated for the patch. It will be back soon. And no sorry no AOR recruitment as that would have messed up compatibility.

Its designed to be payed with Imperial Splendor or Darthmod, not to sure about the over mods.

At moment i have an FX only Mod with all the visuals alone, while i work on balancing new version.
    Last edited by Dogmeat; July 01, 2009 at 11:39 AM.

Default Re: FX mod

dogmeat, what you ve done in your previous version was great :

"* TheStinger's slightly modified early-game campaign script.
    * Adjusted traits and ancillaries for greater player challenges, and more characters with both positive and negative traits.
    * Reduced speed of research through adjustment to buildings, characters and government types.
    * Significantly reworked aspects of the happiness, research, income, building benefits, campaign income, and more. Balancing progress, happiness and industrialization will be much more challenging, and the better balanced buildings will help the CAI. You will have to make very hard choices.
    * Dozens of other small changes to improve gameplay."

this helps us to enjoy ETW with darth power, keep it up, i count on you!!!

Default Re: FX mod + TapFX Beta

Test beta is out, Called it TapFX, at the moment its a stand alone while it gets balanced. So requires a new campaign and No other mods. After its balanced compatabilty will get done.

It has all the FX stuff, a combo combat mod i made plus lots of TRoM style changes and a fair bit more, early stages so only for the adventurous.

Link on OP.

Link

Default Re: FX mod + TapFX Beta

Test beta is out, Called it TapFX, at the moment its a stand alone while it gets balanced. So requires a new campaign and No other mods. After its balanced compatabilty will get done.

It has all the FX stuff, a combo combat mod i made plus lots of TRoM style changes and a fair bit more, early stages so only for the adventurous.

Link on OP.