Thread: Titans at War

With all the heavy hitters here at TWC currently at loggerheads, does this mean all us little guys who come here for mods and chatting have something to worry about? If TWC goes kaput, then all we have to look forward to is one of the less organized fan sites, or -heaven forbid- that cesspool known as the .com.
    I noticed my post count has been reduced. Is this because of all the stuff that was removed?? I've no aspirations at TWC, just to discuss history and mods, but it still is nice to see one's post count increase.
    TWC, in my mind, has always had very noble intentions. It's soooo well done, and easy to navigate for noobs and technards such as myself, it really is a shame to see all the long-timers at war. I really hope this doesn't affect the site in the long run.
    "The way to a man's heart is through his ribs."

Cry HAVOC! And let slip the dogs of war! At least, that's what I say :whistle

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Originally posted by maxiumus_pooh@May 29 2005, 01:40 PM
    If TWC goes kaput, then all we have to look forward to is one of the less organized fan sites, or -heaven forbid- that cesspool known as the .com.
    If such a dire thing happens (the gods forbid &#33 , there would still be no need to go to the .Com forums: hopefully, the .org would still be there .
    But I trust we won't have to make that kind of hard decision

Originally posted by KDAWG650@May 29 2005, 01:41 PM
    Cry HAVOC! And let slip the dogs of war! At least, that's what I say :whistle
    The problem is that the dogs of war are being unleashed by senior TWC members on each other *ntw*. If, say the .com was at each other's throats that would be great entertainment, but TWC is my home away from home, and my site I surf while at work :rolleyes

This site is one of the better fansites in general, the best for Total War though.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Let's hope TWC continues as it is . I like it here.

Originally posted by Kanaric@May 29 2005, 02:10 PM
    This site is one of the better fansites in general, the best for Total War though.
    Most definitely. TWC is unequalled. And any respectful newcomer will admit that it's the veterans here who have made it that way. For content, structure, and ease of navigation nothing comes close to TWC. Who, therefore, are the actual people keeping this site alive and running? Who was it's original creator or who has it been passed on to? These are the people who should have the final word on things.
    {edit} Post 250, so do I get a cupcake with a candle in it in the mail?

smack's Avatar Complaints Department

Sends a cupcake to max_pooh. See TWC history and Mi Lucha by Siblesz to learn about history.

In patronicum svb: Spartan
    Patronum celcum quo: teecee, Old Celt, SigniferOne
    If you dare: My Journal or If you care: The Price Tag

Marshal Qin's Avatar Bow to ME!!!

I'm kind of in 2 minds about moving this to OT or closing it. There's already a a thread discussing the TWC 'thing' in feedback. I guess its forum politics though so I'll leave it for now, just lets not let the 'heavy hitters' or those who want to jump onto the bandwagon let this thread go sour.

*cupcake intercepted enroute, may have been a trojan hack attempt into your account maximus - you should thank me for saving you it was delicious*

linkage:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index...howtopic=24956 (Mi Lucha)
    Exotic Slave - Spook 153, Barbarian Turncoat - Drugpimp, Catamite - Invoker 47
    Drunken Uncle - Wicked, Priest of Jupiter - Guderian

Under the patronage of El-Sib Why? ...... Because Siblesz sent me
    Proud member of the Australian-New Zealand Beer Appreciation Society (ANZBAS?)

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by maxiumus_pooh
    TWC, in my mind, has always had very noble intentions. It's soooo well done, and easy to navigate for noobs and technards such as myself, it really is a shame to see all the long-timers at war. I really hope this doesn't affect the site in the long run.

Well then spots are open for new "long-timers". It is sad that many of the old members left, I have known many of them for over two years. Then again, I am sure newer people will be able to make just as great a contribution to the future of these boards.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer