Thread: General question for both vanilla and TROM...

Default General question for both vanilla and TROM...

I have to admit I've never played this game as vanilla. As soon as I bought it I did a seach for ETW mods and grabbed IS right off the bat and played it until TROM grabbed my eye.

Anyway in both IS and TROM I've found it annoying how I'm always unable to build the very last of a minor towns governors palace of military barracks while the AI to..

Is this a vanilla bug or what? I can understand being unable to build the final happiness structure of government building in the capital region of a faction but I'm unable to full max out Yerevan for some reason?

As it is now I have to sit back and wait for, say the Ottomans to build a Sublime Porte in a region before I take it because if I don't then that region is stunted forever after.

Default Re: General question for both vanilla and TROM...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those buildings are faction specific. I could change that, I think. Let me think about it.

I can understand doing it for capitals, my Russian Empire wouldn't decided to build the Hofburg in Vienna for instance, but in areas you'd think you could replace the preexisting structure with one of your own just like if you take a place with a second tier governors building and upgrade it all the way to tier four.

You can only go past tier four in the one-slot cities if the AI has first had the city as their national capital, and then built it up to tier five.

I often try to wait for AI countries to get their capitals to tier five before capturing them, for this reason. For multi-regional minors, after capturing their original capital, you'll see that only then will they start the construction of the fifth-tier building in their newly relocated capital. If you wait a few turns, between capturing their cities, you can often get the AI to do the impossible for you, in building these structures.

For a deliberate, peaceful type player like myself, it's especially helpful when the civil buildings are constructed, rather than the military ones, as the civil buildings add to the tax and repression at tier five. More money and less unrest is always a good thing.

You can only go past tier four in the one-slot cities if the AI has first had the city as their national capital, and then built it up to tier five.
    Ok that makes sense, I just thought it was a final step that the AI did to every town that the player was unable to do for some reason.

Yeah, I'm actually thinking of giving back Berlin to the Prussians (Which I drove out of their homeland and now reside in the Balkans) so that they can finish off the final bits construction in the city before retaking it and wiping them out once and for all.

MissionMaximus's Avatar Foederatus

Just wondering if Native Americans still have artillery. Obviously, you guys know more about the history of this era than myself. Unpacked db files (just curious) and noticed native_american_artillery then model name: native_american_archers and then different sizes in cannons. Perhaps a mistake or perhaps not, just wondering?
    God bless, George Washington and the Founding Fathers of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA!

I believe Sage took out Indian arty along with their lancers.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by MissionMaximus View Post
    Just wondering if Native Americans still have artillery. Obviously, you guys know more about the history of this era than myself. Unpacked db files (just curious) and noticed native_american_artillery then model name: native_american_archers and then different sizes in cannons. Perhaps a mistake or perhaps not, just wondering?
    They have been disabled. We cannot erase units entirely from the files because that would cause problems. The result is the same, though: you won't be bothered with them

The Model name refers to the 3D model that is used by the crew. Many units do not have a unique model, but share a model with other units in the game (in this case: native archers).
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

MissionMaximus's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    They have been disabled. We cannot erase units entirely from the files because that would cause problems. The result is the same, though: you won't be bothered with them

The Model name refers to the 3D model that is used by the crew. Many units do not have a unique model, but share a model with other units in the game (in this case: native archers).
    Thanks for the explanation Johan. Also appreciate the work and like what I see thus for from The Rights of Man and look forward to the continued improvement in the future.
    God bless, George Washington and the Founding Fathers of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA!