Thread: Settlement capture bug (NOT loyalty-related)

Barend's Avatar Tiro

Default Settlement capture bug (NOT loyalty-related)

Well, here's the deal;

In my Armenian campaign, when I try to take the last pontic city (the one right next to Cyzicus) my game crashes. It doesn't matter in what turn I capture it, or if the battle is auto-calculated. I haven't tried to starve them (takes to long) so maybe that will solve it. But it is utterly annyoing.

The strange thing is that this bug occurs while I don't have the loyalty option checked.

Can anyone help me out? I really like to crush the Pontians.
    a šumšu la zakar-
    -The past is taught by those who win-

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Settlement capture bug (NOT loyalty-related)

I saw the screen you posted in the Empires thread, and it looks like your install is broken. On the map you should see an underlay that shows the terrain and place names (just like the map on the faction selection screen when you start a campaign. It's not showing up in your game which means either (1) your install and the exe you play with are mismatched (e.g. you are playing the RTW version of XGM with the Alex exe), or (2) you started your campaign with one exe and then switched to another exe later.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; May 30, 2009 at 05:52 PM.

Barend's Avatar Tiro

Thanks for the quick reply. I think it's the second option. Don't know when I changed it to the Alex exe, but somewhere along the raod I did change that. Is there any wat to fix this ?
    a šumšu la zakar-

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

You could try making a copy of [RTW]\xgm\Data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander, and renaming it to [RTW]\xgm\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign (if you started with the RTW exe), or [RTW]\xgm\Data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion (if you started with the BI exe). If that doesn't work you could try reinstalling XGM and switching back to the original exe.

Barend's Avatar Tiro

Thanks DBH, I'll try your suggestions and let you know what the results are. It's not that my entire game is broken, just that particular settlement, so it would be a waste to have to install everything again and start a new campaign.
    a šumšu la zakar-

i have the same problem and actually already posted it but i started out with an alexander install, tried reinstalling it under rome.exe, then reinstalling under alex.exe again and at the moment i know i have alex in, should i tried the copying thing you suggested or what?
    liuteneral genet tang