Thread: Drum Regiment - How To Make Drummers Drum! - REWARD! OF +REP To Those who help!!!

Default Drum Regiment - How To Make Drummers Drum! - REWARD! OF +REP To Those who help!!!

For all those who have seen the Drum Regiment mod

Yes! Rusty Has a problem.

He has no clue as how to make the men drum whilst they are marching and would like either some direction or assistance in making them become more "animated"!

--- Please help Rusty with his endevours!---

Because this is not the most looked at thread
    The reward is +REP for those Who can help!!

Seems currently like money for old rope but still, beggars cannot be choosers.

Rusty
    Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; May 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

Default Re: Drum Regiment - How To Make Drummers Drum! - REWARD!

I'm not sure if this would work, but maybe if you put the drum regiment into 'unit_stats_land', then changed the 'animation table IDref' bit to whatever the drummer one was (look in animation tables to find out what it is, I think it's pesonality_drummer), that could work.

I think they already do. I don't really know anything about animations unforuntely.

I'm sure Rusty has tried this before, but in theory if it were possible to use the drummer animations and replace the soldier walking ones with it, then tell the game to use this new animation for the specific unit, that should work.

Problem is though (taking a quick look at the mod) its already implemented, but it only effects the drummer not the rest of the line.
    Last edited by Officerpuppy; May 30, 2009 at 12:35 PM.

Thanks for that, Although I have already tried it. There is a point that does this in unit_stats land, it is an unknown and does the same job as the Roles column in the battlefield personalities and unfortunately does not change it.

Good post anyway. +rep for the try!

I thought It was something more to do with the animations Themselves.

OfficerPuppy.

Well techniquely yes, one of them plays but he is classed as 'the drummer'. I had always thought It would be a much better mod if all of them played. And that was why I posted!

EDIT: Ah, I hope that will lead to something. Thanks Pup.

Great so far Keep it all up!!
    Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; May 30, 2009 at 12:34 PM.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

Default Re: Drum Regiment - How To Make Drummers Drum! - REWARD! OF +REP To Those who help!!!

I'm looking at the animation table and at your files....very odd, I see your specifiying the drummer personality yet the game seems to ignore this.
    Last edited by Officerpuppy; May 30, 2009 at 01:23 PM.

Default Re: Drum Regiment - How To Make Drummers Drum! - REWARD! OF +REP To Those who help!!!

Tell me about it

The only way that they will drum is if they are moving over obsticles or avoiding objects like trees.

and after they finish avoiding, they stop playing again!

Oh well. Lets hope for the Best Ay?

Remember Murpheys law.

No matter how bad it is, Things can always be Worse!

Any other suggestions would be great.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

It's didn't affect the animations for the drums, but I replaced the sword with drum sticks ha ha ha.....! They look funny trying to defend themselves with them.

LOVELY!!!!

That'll teach the no good Beggars to mess with Our Drummers Ay??!!

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Quote Originally Posted by Officerpuppy View Post
    I think they already do. I don't really know anything about animations unforuntely.

I'm sure Rusty has tried this before, but in theory if it were possible to use the drummer animations and replace the soldier walking ones with it, then tell the game to use this new animation for the specific unit, that should work.

Problem is though (taking a quick look at the mod) its already implemented, but it only effects the drummer not the rest of the line.
    I think this is on the right track. If you open the animation table, try deleting the swordsman fragment from the drummer's table so that all they have are the common, death, climb, and musician-related fragments. See if that gets them drumming. If it does, the next step will be to reintegrate combat animations, but we'll need to edit the battleconfiguration txt to remove the movement animations.

I don't think it has anything to do with the animations. I made flutists drum by changing the role from "flutist" to "drummer" in the battle personalities table, which is unrelated to the animations. They have the flutist animations but play the same tunes as the drummers. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to make an entire unit play their instruments at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    I think this is on the right track. If you open the animation table, try deleting the swordsman fragment from the drummer's table so that all they have are the common, death, climb, and musician-related fragments. See if that gets them drumming. If it does, the next step will be to reintegrate combat animations, but we'll need to edit the battleconfiguration txt to remove the movement animations.
    Never mind, I started playing with it and now I see why it's been giving you so much trouble.

Damn My last post didn't Post!

Ahhh Erasmus.
    I didn't realise you meant those files. I originally thought you had a different idea. I originally responded, that that was probably the way to do it.

Yes I have tried to change them, but whenever I change them to cycledrummer it only had the effect of stopping them from walking at all.
    and they really muck up

How did you do it for the Spontoon? For all I see is that whatever you change destroys the behaviour of the men. Its rather off putting and makes me feel rather inadiquate.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Quote Originally Posted by Rsty Bloodnok View Post
    Damn My last post didn't Post!

Ahhh Erasmus.
    I didn't realise you meant those files. I originally thought you had a different idea. I originally responded, that that was probably the way to do it.

Yes I have tried to change them, but whenever I change them to cycledrummer it only had the effect of stopping them from walking at all.
    and they really muck up

How did you do it for the Spontoon? For all I see is that whatever you change destroys the behaviour of the men. Its rather off putting and makes me feel rather inadiquate.
    I did the spontoon by creating a custom "collage" from the battleconfiguration files, which is what I thought would work here. I tried several different approaches including changing the WALK filename in musician_fragment to the drummer cycle, but the model either stopped walking or disappeared altogether. Sounds like you were trying similar things.

Don't feel inadequate. I've made several different custom animation sets, and this is a different bird altogether. The problem seems to be that when the drummer walks and plays, there are two simultaneous animations. The drummer cycle is connected to the upper body and isn't triggered unless the model is in the drummer slot. The trick is figuring out how to trigger both animations at the same time, and unfortunately, I'm not sure how to do it.
    Last edited by erasmus777; June 01, 2009 at 08:24 AM.

Thanks. No luck with anything so far. If only there was another way.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA