Thread: Adding own music into the game - A baby-step into how

Icon7 Adding own music into the game - A baby-step into how

Okay now, this isn't possible still as yet - but I know 'how' it has to be done, and spent time looking into all the files figuring out the pattern.

So, music files that are played by the game are dictated by sound_events_music.xml in the sound database (in patch.pack).

Here you can add more music tracks, decide whether music should be played while in slow motion, dictate how long music should last for... etc, etc.

Now, if you add your own music here, save and load up the game... ... nothing happens ..

Why?

This is because the .xml files are then converted into a file called 'sound events' which has no extension and is just a raw data file.

(think of this process as, in previous games, where the music files were loaded into a .dat and .idx file, same kind of thing going on).

Now, if you delete this unknown extension data file where all the .xml ones are stored, the game does not build another

However! You can open this file in Hex Workshop and the data file is basically the a bunch of hex-a-decimal.

Now:

To change the .xml files into this raw data file which the game uses, you'll need to convert the .xml files into hexadecimal and replace the data.

I have tried this myself by converting the .xml files to hexadecimal, however I can't get the right format (though the data does look similar).

Someone who is experienced with hex files will be needed to figure this out, and sadly that person isn't me. Though this is an insight into how music can be added.

Default Re: Adding own music into the game - A baby-step into how

Has it occurred to you that this sounds_events file contains ALL the sound .xml files, not just the sound_events_music file?

Also, if it makes a difference at all don't forget that CA likes Unicode, so it might be a good idea to save it that way.