Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: How to add new building slots upgrading cities - NEW

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: How to convert a minor city to a major one-FINAL

That is strange then. Cus I get CTD on campaign load if I do not delete them. :S But then again deleting them since they should not excist for those x-majors ect anyways...

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Hmm that's a point indeed. So if you check a savegame the CAI entries have moved to the correct interface manager?
    I checked and yes it is in CAI_INTERFACE_MANAGERS and in CAMPAIGN_PATHFINDER from the start of the game. I mean from a save game in the first turn which means that startpos interface manager have been updated during the campaign load as expected to.

By the way there are not all city slots in CAMPAIGN_PATHFINDER. Also in Beliefs the slots are connected in strange ways with slots in other regions. For example a culture building of one region was connected with a town (fur) and a city slot of two other different regions of the same faction. Some regularities are: city slots are met in triple or quantum entry in Beliefs (CAI_DEFEND_REGION_ANALYSIS). Most of them have an entry in other entries of Beliefs (e.g. CAI_BDI_COMPONENT_BLOCK_OWNS, CAI_BUILDING_AVAILABILITY_ANALYSIS, CAI_BUILDING_OPTIONS_ANALYSIS, etc) for obvious reasons. Last, I saw a single entry in CAI_BDI_POOL_INTENTIONS only for one of the slots of a major (5) slot.
    Last edited by husserlTW; October 15, 2009 at 05:34 PM.

Ugh im going nuts here, im new with mobs and editing files and cant be edited (unlike Rome and Medeval 2).
    Im tring to follow your tutorial but i can't seem to figure out the region building IDs of OTHER regions. Im starting by trying to make Savoy to a major city, but i can only get past the first Region Array as i dont know the region ID of the Army, Admiralty, etc.. i keep looking up and down your tutorial but i cant seem to find how you got those IDs for Hannover. Like they just appeared out of no where in that dataconv. I know using the Dataconv was useful, but it isnt a spread sheet where i type in the the first ID and suddenly get the IDs of the other slots.
    I put in the X and Y coordinates of the Savoy into the city grid spreadsheet but i dont know if they are the right ones to put in as region IDs. With the difference in the IDs of hannovers buildings, the X values seem to be similar, do i put those in as the different building IDs?

If you could show me how to get the different building slot IDs it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Pentel View Post
    Ugh im going nuts here, im new with mobs and editing files and cant be edited (unlike Rome and Medeval 2).
    Im tring to follow your tutorial but i can't seem to figure out the region building IDs of OTHER regions. Im starting by trying to make Savoy to a major city, but i can only get past the first Region Array as i dont know the region ID of the Army, Admiralty, etc.. i keep looking up and down your tutorial but i cant seem to find how you got those IDs for Hannover. Like they just appeared out of no where in that dataconv. I know using the Dataconv was useful, but it isnt a spread sheet where i type in the the first ID and suddenly get the IDs of the other slots.
    I put in the X and Y coordinates of the Savoy into the city grid spreadsheet but i dont know if they are the right ones to put in as region IDs. With the difference in the IDs of hannovers buildings, the X values seem to be similar, do i put those in as the different building IDs?

If you could show me how to get the different building slot IDs it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Read carefully because you jumped over the first steps. You'll find Id's from a major city you'll convert first to minor and then you'll proceed to make your new major city. In my example I convert Venice to minor first and I use it's slots to proceed with Hannover. Start over from step 1 please.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Read carefully because you jumped over the first steps. You'll find Id's from a major city you'll convert first to minor and then you'll proceed to make your new major city. In my example I convert Venice to minor first and I use it's slots to proceed with Hannover. Start over from step 1 please.
    oh ok, i thought it was just an option to do that so i just went past it, ill try it again and get back to you.
    Thank you

hmm, im having a problem finding the CAI_BUILDING_SLOT. I did everything to the dot sofar, but i cant find numbers around the CAI ID i got from the list.
    So far i converted Rumelia to a minor and im using its slots to add to Savoy. According to what you said, the ID is the # +2 so originally Rumelia's ID was 1847, so i made it 1849.
    When i went to find the ID slots around 1849, i found about 7 slots where it was just a bunch of 1849's, then it went to 1841, then 1839...
    I am i suppost to use those? or are they too far?
    From what i saw from you, you choose ID numbers that were below your City ID. Does it matter if there above or below or am i ganna screw up everything.

Edit: Ok found out how you got close to your numbers, but i don't know how you found out to use 2073 and lower and not 2076, or 75, they all showed the same Slot number.
    Am i suppost to go 4 below the actual ID?
    Last edited by Pentel; November 01, 2009 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentel View Post
    hmm, im having a problem finding the CAI_BUILDING_SLOT. I did everything to the dot sofar, but i cant find numbers around the CAI ID i got from the list.
    So far i converted Rumelia to a minor and im using its slots to add to Savoy. According to what you said, the ID is the # +2 so originally Rumelia's ID was 1847, so i made it 1849.
    When i went to find the ID slots around 1849, i found about 7 slots where it was just a bunch of 1849's, then it went to 1841, then 1839...
    I am i suppost to use those? or are they too far?
    From what i saw from you, you choose ID numbers that were below your City ID. Does it matter if there above or below or am i ganna screw up everything.

Edit: Ok found out how you got close to your numbers, but i don't know how you found out to use 2073 and lower and not 2076, or 75, they all showed the same Slot number.
    Am i suppost to go 4 below the actual ID?
    You did very well so far. So now you've found that Istanbul's slots you'll borrow are:
    337927976 army-admin
    337929224 culture
    337929928 navy-admin
    337930592 ordnance
    and 337928600 is government which you will not touch it at all. Istanbul's CAI_SETTLEMENT Id is 1849. Now in CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOT you'll see that 1842, 1844, 1845, 1846 are slots you are looking for. 1843 is for the government building and you will not touch it at all either. Now, why are these the correct slots? Because if you go in CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOT(1842)/CAI_BUILDING_SLOT you'll see this:

In first line there is the Id 337927976 of army-admin building slot. Now you are sure that this is the right CAI_BUILDING_SLOT for army building. Here the only thing you have to do is change in third line CAI_SETTLEMENT Id of Istanbul and enter Savoy's. Do the same in the other 3 C_B_S slots and you've done with startpos (if you've done all previous necessary steps). Now proceed with the changes for regions.esf file.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    You did very well so far. So now you've found that Istanbul's slots you'll borrow are:
    337927976 army-admin
    337929224 culture
    337929928 navy-admin
    337930592 ordnance
    and 337928600 is government which you will not touch it at all. Istanbul's CAI_SETTLEMENT Id is 1849. Now in CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOT you'll see that 1842, 1844, 1845, 1846 are slots you are looking for. 1843 is for the government building and you will not touch it at all either. Now, why are these the correct slots? Because if you go in CAI_WORLD_BUILDING_SLOT(1842)/CAI_BUILDING_SLOT you'll see this:

In first line there is the Id 337927976 of army-admin building slot. Now you are sure that this is the right CAI_BUILDING_SLOT for army building. Here the only thing you have to do is change in third line CAI_SETTLEMENT Id of Istanbul and enter Savoy's. Do the same in the other 3 C_B_S slots and you've done with startpos (if you've done all previous necessary steps). Now proceed with the changes for regions.esf file.

Ok now it makes sense, thank you.
    last night i tried something else sense i knew i wasnt going to get an instant response . Im just glad i didnt play ETW yesterday.
    I'll continue and get back to you, thank you again.

Icon4 Re: How to convert a minor city to a major one-FINAL

Hi . i would to ask if there is a problem with the Dataconv sheet cause whenever i try to open it with it just give me a message sayings its corrupted and can't be open i tried redownloading it lots of times but it still didn't work so im hoping you can help me with this matter.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe Tone View Post
    Hi . i would to ask if there is a problem with the Dataconv sheet cause whenever i try to open it with it just give me a message sayings its corrupted and can't be open i tried redownloading it lots of times but it still didn't work so im hoping you can help me with this matter.
    Thanks
    Checked it and works fine. It is in OpenOffice (open source and free) format and maybe that is the problem, though I think Excel can read this format.

how would i change gibraltar from a minor to a major city?

Quote Originally Posted by ChazB- View Post
    how would i change gibraltar from a minor to a major city?
    Just follow the tutorial.

EDIT: Since there are many startpos around with different Id's the list about CAI Id's are useless. A new way of finding cities CAI Id has been added.

Foederatus

Quick question, why do you have the government IDs in step one without any explanation about it? I am doing a conversion Bakhchisaray to lisbon, and I am unsure if I should just use the IDs the sheet gives me or add the real government building IDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedalos View Post
    Quick question, why do you have the government IDs in step one without any explanation about it? I am doing a conversion Bakhchisaray to lisbon, and I am unsure if I should just use the IDs the sheet gives me or add the real government building IDs?
    Because you do not touch these! They are useful for checks in case of modding troubles.

Foederatus

Ugh.. it just won't work for me and for some reason the owner ID's is the same as the faction owning it 1754 for all the cities buildings, not 1751 1752 and so on. Wonder if that is why I keep getting a crash on the load, or if it is because I use the IS mod?

That is correct and tells you that building slots 1747-1753, belong to settlement (city) 1754. Check which of these slots are those you want to borrow and replace 1754 with the new owner id for every cai_building_slot. It is supposed that before that you've already have made the necessary changes in WORLD_REGION_MANAGER.

Foederatus

I have now started from scratch 3 times in my quest to convert Bakhchisaray, crimera from a minor to a major, I am using lisbon since it has all 5 buildings and makes it easier.. But it just keeps giving me CTD on load, I have checked everything and I cannot see anything wrong, it is getting very frustrating..

These are my files, husser if you would be able to see where the problem is I would be forever grateful, I really suspect that the IS mod has something to do with it though
    http://www.mediafire.com/?iy2yykemjcz

Quote Originally Posted by Pedalos View Post
    I have now started from scratch 3 times in my quest to convert Bakhchisaray, crimera from a minor to a major, I am using lisbon since it has all 5 buildings and makes it easier.. But it just keeps giving me CTD on load, I have checked everything and I cannot see anything wrong, it is getting very frustrating..

These are my files, husser if you would be able to see where the problem is I would be forever grateful, I really suspect that the IS mod has something to do with it though
    http://www.mediafire.com/?iy2yykemjcz
    I've found 3 problems so far:

1. You had not entered the building slot Id also in SIEGABLE_GARISSON_RESIDENCE for every slot as the tutorial says.

Code:
    Copy the building slot ID from C4 (696954148) to the 1st  line.  
     In SIEGEABLE_GARISSON_RESIDENS copy again in the first line army ID slot 696954148 (C4).
    2. In one building slot (I think the last one in ordnance) you've forgotten to enter new building slot Id at all and the remaining cloned government id was there.

3. In dataconvsheet in the place of government slot id you have the region Id (337511104) . This is not actually a problem since in startpos you have the right one (the look like) but it might confuse you when you want to check.

The startpos you have is for IS only and I could not test to see if there are more problems. Regions.esf is o.k.

Foederatus

WOOT! It is working now!

Actually I had not entered the building ID in SIEGABLE_GARISSON_RESIDENCE on any of the buildings, no idea why that part of the tutorial didn't sink in.. I went through it 3 times and I just skipped that part every time, guess im just a noob

Thank you so much for pointing it out, now I can try a campaign as the Crimerans, and establish Bakhchisaray as a major trading city