Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: How to add new building slots upgrading cities - NEW

Default Re: How to convert a minor city to a major one-FINAL

Hmmm....

For some reason, when I open up the DataConvSeet it says file is currupted. How do I use this file?

Thanks,
    Pikemen
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pikemen View Post
    Hmmm....

For some reason, when I open up the DataConvSeet it says file is currupted. How do I use this file?

Thanks,
    Pikemen
    I just downloaded it and seems o.k. It is an open openoffice.org spreadsheet but I think you can open it with excel. You need it to organise better what to delete or change.

I got It !! Virginia shows up as a major city and Venice doesn't

Just one problem, when it is Venices turn, the game CTD's. Why would this be? And one more thing, how do you find the settlement ID for the CAI entries? I think that may be the problem, I changed Venices settlement CAI ID to Virginia's that was 3337, but im not sure if it actaully is for the RTI campgain because I noticed Venice's CAI ID was different from the list that was in the turorial, I think it was 2059, while you said it should be 2077.

Thanks,
    Pikemen
    Last edited by Pikemen; July 30, 2009 at 03:17 AM.
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

bump
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I got It !! Virginia shows up as a major city and Venice doesn't

Just one problem, when it is Venices turn, the game CTD's. Why would this be? And one more thing, how do you find the settlement ID for the CAI entries? I think that may be the problem, I changed Venices settlement CAI ID to Virginia's that was 3337, but im not sure if it actaully is for the RTI campgain because I noticed Venice's CAI ID was different from the list that was in the turorial, I think it was 2059, while you said it should be 2077.

Thanks,
    Pikemen
    Be sure that the government building slot (the only left in Venice from city buildings) has the CAI_SETTLEMENT ID for Venice. If you want to be sure check the ID building slot (9 digit) with the building slot ID in WORLD/REGIONS_ARRAY of Venice. Also you can check the CAI_REGION which ID can be found in CAI_WORLD_SETTLEMENTS/CAI_SITUATED, third line.

Do you think you could check them over? I tried doing what you said, but I still think it may not be working because of the CAI settlement ID of virginia (I put 3336). The Post 1.3 RTI seems to be different from the 1.2 RTI (where Virginias CAI ID was 3336).

If you could, here is a link to the Startpos and Region files:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8...21d66e282a0ee8

Thanks,
    Pikemen
    Last edited by Pikemen; July 30, 2009 at 06:57 PM.
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

Do you think you could check them over? I tried doing what you said, but I still think it may not be working because of the CAI settlement ID of virginia (I put 3336). The Post 1.3 RTI seems to be different from the 1.2 RTI (where Virginias CAI ID was 3336).

If you could, here is a link to the Startpos and Region files:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8...21d66e282a0ee8

Thanks,
    Pikemen
    Here is your startpos fixed. There was a little mess in CAI_BUILDING_SLOTS. The only thing you have to do there is going to x-major's (venice) record and change the settlement id. You don't have to make new records close to x-minor's (virginia) cai_building_slot. Just four paste/replace in venice's cai_building_slots. I used the original CAI_WORLD which I pasted in CAI_INTERFACE and deleted the old one. That's why in the new startpos the CAI_WORLD is the first sub-record in CAI_INTERFACE. Regions.esf is fine. I think now you can make successful conversions.
    Last edited by husserlTW; July 31, 2009 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks Husserl

I owe you one for this great tutorial

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

Hey there.. Great tutorial!
    I only have one problem.. I can't seem to do it.. No matter what I do! It crashes upon loading the campaign.. I followed it to the letter!!
    So.. Is it possible you can edit the files for me? I'm using Darthmod and I would like to see Genoa become a major city! You can downgrade Venice for it..
    Anyway, help would be great! Thanks!

Shifty

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftehh View Post
    Hey there.. Great tutorial!
    I only have one problem.. I can't seem to do it.. No matter what I do! It crashes upon loading the campaign.. I followed it to the letter!!
    So.. Is it possible you can edit the files for me? I'm using Darthmod and I would like to see Genoa become a major city! You can downgrade Venice for it..
    Anyway, help would be great! Thanks!

Shifty
    This which I can do for you is to fix your files. Compress startpos and regions esf files (7z, zip or rar) that you tried to change. Upload the compressed file to a hosted server (e.g. mediafire.com) and post the link.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Can somebody create a mod which will change all cities to major ones? Small cities where you can recruit only few troops are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Can somebody create a mod which will change all cities to major ones? Small cities where you can recruit only few troops are stupid.
    This can not be done. A massive conversion of all emergent faction capitols can be found here.

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    STEP 5

To change the wrong way that fortifications of the converted cities are shown in the campaign map (major city with minor fortifications and vice versa) we have to mode main/campaign_map_settlements in ETW/data folder and change the original number of building slot with the converted new one. Download the attached file conversion_patch decompress and copy it to
    ETW/data. With Pack Manager open data/main.pack and find in campaign_map_settlements the 2 lines of your converted cities (you can export and open TSV with a spread sheet). Open with Pack Manager conversion_patch.pack. In conversion_campaign_map_settlements are the entries for Hannover and Venice that used in this tutorial. Replace them with the entries of your cities as you found them in data/main.pack.
    To activate new mod: a) If you use Mod Manager just mark the box by it's name b) If you don't, then edit the file user.empire_script in C:/Users/Eg/AppData/Roaming/The%20Creative%20Assembly/Empire/scripts/ and add in first available line: mod "conversion_patch.pack"; It wiil not conflict with any other mods.
    I have sucessfully converted Savoy's town Turin to a 4 slot city and making Jerusalem a minor city. The game runs great however the fortification thing is not working for me. I tried to copy those 2 lines for Turin and Jerusalem over the ones in the conversion_campaign_map_settlements of the conversion_patch.pack. But infront of Hannover that I want to replace there are some weird stuff written.

üýþÿsettlementsettlement:savoy:turinsavoyTurin
    settlementsettlement:palestine:jerusalem
    settlement

And this makes it not possible for me. I have tried to copy across directly with and without those weird letters. Can anyone understanding this help me please? Maybe making the file for me? Towns in question is mentioned above.

Thanks,

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer_Pyle View Post
    I have sucessfully converted Savoy's town Turin to a 4 slot city and making Jerusalem a minor city. The game runs great however the fortification thing is not working for me. I tried to copy those 2 lines for Turin and Jerusalem over the ones in the conversion_campaign_map_settlements of the conversion_patch.pack. But infront of Hannover that I want to replace there are some weird stuff written.

üýþÿsettlementsettlement:savoy:turinsavoyTurin
    settlementsettlement:palestine:jerusalem
    settlement

And this makes it not possible for me. I have tried to copy across directly with and without those weird letters. Can anyone understanding this help me please? Maybe making the file for me? Towns in question is mentioned above.

Thanks,
    Sorry but my file looks like this:

and your file should look like this:

There are no weird stuff written..

I have openoffice spreadsheet and that may corrupt my file? I guess it is something wrong with the way openoffice read the format your file is in. Do you know what format to use?

I even tried deleting the content and typing in manually like yours but no go. Get a CTD when loading ETW.
    Last edited by Gomer_Pyle; August 16, 2009 at 02:54 PM.

-Aristotle-

I have openoffice spreadsheet and that may corrupt my file? I guess it is something wrong with the way openoffice read the format your file is in. Do you know what format to use?

I even tried deleting the content and typing in manually like yours but no go. Get a CTD when loading ETW.
    I also use openoffice. But at least it should work when you did it manually... Which way you select to activate the conversion_patch.pack? Are you following the right steps for this?

I am using user.script-empire.txt. I have tried putting it in different places.

mod "conversion_patch.pack";
    mod "Imperial Splendour DLC Enabled.pack";
    mod "Imperial Splendour.pack";

What I did was use PFM to open conversion_patch.pack and extracting the file. Then used OpenOffice calc to open the file I extracted called conversion_campaign_map_settlements (but it did not have any fileextention, it was just called file. When I opened it I had this weird writing popping up like I mentioned in the post above. So I decided to clear the table and put in manually what you wrote. Then in PFM replace the table and save. But doesnt work still. Either I do something wrong when getting to the file inside conversion.pack or something is wrong with my OpenOffice...

Edit: Also if I open OpenOffice calc and drag conversion_campaign_map_settlements file into it. It is openoffice writer that opens and show the content with even worse letters. :S

-Aristotle-

GomerPpyle, try the attached file and feed back.

that worked. brilliant stuff. I do not understand what I did wrong though. Must have been the way I extracted the table from your file i guess.

Thank you very much.

-Aristotle-

that worked. brilliant stuff. I do not understand what I did wrong though. Must have been the way I extracted the table from your file i guess.

Thank you very much.
    If I can guess right probably you were trying to change the exported conversion_campaign_map_settlements (right clik and export) and not the exported conversion_campaign_map_settlements.tsv (clik on the top of the table import/export TSV), thats why you had seen that strange writing. You have to a) export the tutorial conversion_campaign_map_settlements and main/db/conversion_campaign_map_settlements as .TSV files, b) make the changes (copy/paste from the one to the other) and save the final .TSV file. Then c) you open again the tutorial conversion_campaign_map_settlements and you import the moded .TSV file, which will replace the old conversion_campaign_map_settlements. Anyway enjoy your new converted city!
    Last edited by husserlTW; August 16, 2009 at 06:38 PM.