Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: How to add new building slots upgrading cities - NEW

Default Re: How to convert a minor city to a major one-UPDATED

Quote Originally Posted by Pikemen View Post
    could you make a Major city into a minor one, and use the extra building slots from that and put them into your custom city? (basically reversing the size of the two cities ? )
    That is what I am trying now. I've done before with virginia and philadelphia. Maybe we have interesting things tomorrow.

Yeah, if you where to make a start pos. With Virginia as a major city, And had no exiting bug, I would like to see it. Good work sofar

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

Yeah, if you where to make a start pos. With Virginia as a major city, And had no exiting bug, I would like to see it. Good work sofar

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    Sorry but I am looking the case of converting two 4 slot citie's to minor and use the remaining Id's with no luck so far. For Virginia you can use the saved_file I've already made which has no exiting bug (with Philadelphia minor). You can open it beside to a startpos and make the same changes in startpos if you want to use startpos file. You are very lucky that US (or Thirteen Colonies) own a major city (Philadelphia) and you can make the convertion without any bug or precondition.

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

Im trying the same thing about taken buildings away from 2 majors to make one minor...Ill let you know the results and maybe we both can shar info.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnoutfigs View Post
    Im trying the same thing about taken buildings away from 2 majors to make one minor...Ill let you know the results and maybe we both can shar info.
    In my scenario 2 X 4 slot major give 6 free slots I but I can use only the 4 of them. I can delete building slots in startpos and regions.esf and make a minor city but I can't delete CAI slot because it crushes. The only thing I managed to do was when I gave the two remaining CAI to the same building ID (1 building with 1+2 CAI). The game worked but then the exit bug appeared.
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 21, 2009 at 04:58 PM.

Ok this is what im trying to do, use all the buildings from Ingria, its already a 5 building town. and give to new orleans. the one problem im having is i really dont know what to do for making ingria road coords. I dont know if that would make it crash. i siill get a crash, the only thing i think it might me the coordinates for the road and fortifications for ingria or its the fact that i moved 5 buildings to lower louisiana from ingria and 1 building to ingria from louisiana in the Regions.esf..

what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnoutfigs View Post
    Ok this is what im trying to do, use all the buildings from Ingria, its already a 5 building town. and give to new orleans. the one problem im having is i really dont know what to do for making ingria road coords. I dont know if that would make it crash. i siill get a crash, the only thing i think it might me the coordinates for the road and fortifications for ingria or its the fact that i moved 5 buildings to lower louisiana from ingria and 1 building to ingria from louisiana in the Regions.esf..

what you think?
    Don't make any changes in regions.esf for ingria.

After CA today
    's update, I'll update the tutorial using another 5 building slots city which is easier and have no bags or preconditions.
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 22, 2009 at 12:10 PM.

I guess i was over thinking it. BTW +Rep again. Good job

Old startpos.esf don't work with 22/6 update. Regions.esf remain the same with no changes. Tutorial needs update.
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 22, 2009 at 06:18 PM.

Default Re: How to convert a minor city to a major one-UPDATED (regions.esf 22/06)

TUTORIAL UPDATED WITH STARTPOS.ESF (v. 1.3.0. build, 22/06)

The conversion now is done by downgrade first a 5 slot major city to minor.
    Last edited by husserlTW; June 22, 2009 at 06:22 PM.

Default Re: How to convert a minor city to a major one-FINAL

EDIT: FIX for the fortification issue has been added.

So, currently the only known way to convert a minor city into a major one is to cannibalize the buildings from and downgrade an already existing major city?

"That war is a terrible thing I agree, but it is not so terrible that we should submit to anything in order to avoid it. For why do we all vaunt our civic equality and liberty of speech and all that we mean by the word freedom, if nothing is more advantageous than peace?" — Polybios, Historiai, IV.31

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang von Zweibrücken View Post
    So, currently the only known way to convert a minor city into a major one is to cannibalize the buildings from and downgrade an already existing major city?
    Yes. We don't know enough about the CAI entries yet to give the program everything it needs to operate normally.

Can someone help me out with this?

Im trying to make Virginia a Major city by downgrading Venice. I can not seem to get past step 1 (converting Venice into a mro city). one thing I noticed while doing this tutorial was that the slot ID for Venice in my game is different that the ones shown in this tutorial, even though I am downgrading the same city. Does that mean I am using a wrong version or what?

Thanks,
    Pikemen
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

Can someone help me out with this?

Im trying to make Virginia a Major city by downgrading Venice. I can not seem to get past step 1 (converting Venice into a mro city). one thing I noticed while doing this tutorial was that the slot ID for Venice in my game is different that the ones shown in this tutorial, even though I am downgrading the same city. Does that mean I am using a wrong version or what?

Thanks,
    Pikemen
    Tutorial is based in main/startpos.esf, you probably use main_2/startpos.esf (RTI, Late Campaign, etc.). It is the same thing just follow the tutorial. Where is the problem?

The Problem occurs when I downgrade Venice. I deleted the 4 building slots I was going to use (after I recorded them) and started up the game to see if I did everything right (like the tutorial says), but once I start a campain, the Game goes strait back to the main menu. So I must Have done something wrong.

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

The Problem occurs when I downgrade Venice. I deleted the 4 building slots I was going to use (after I recorded them) and started up the game to see if I did everything right (like the tutorial says), but once I start a campain, the Game goes strait back to the main menu. So I must Have done something wrong.

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    If you are sure that you've done it right, go for the next steps. You will not do any changes in regions.esf for Venice.

I noticed though, that in your Tutorial, the Goverment building slot ID is 696954900, while in my RTI it is 708962820.

Would that cause it to crash?

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I noticed though, that in your Tutorial, the Goverment building slot ID is 696954900, while in my RTI it is 708962820.

Would that cause it to crash?

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    main/startpos.esf and main_2/startpos.esf are different. If you use your numbers and follow the tutorial you will have no problem. If you have stuck somewhere ask again.

Did you try the old startpos.esf I've made for Virginia. As far I know the RTI startpos (Late Grand Campaign) didn't change after 22/06 update and works.

EDIT: Yeap, I've tried it again and it works. Don't forget to place the right regions.esf file.
    Last edited by husserlTW; July 22, 2009 at 05:51 PM.

OK, I have been trying to do this for the last three days, no luck

I still cant seem to downgrade Venice, I do all the changes the Tutorial says, but when I go to check if it has actually been downgraded, it stays the same, Still a major city!

Once I can get that part down, the rest will probably be easy (i have done the other parts before). Is there anything wong with the RTI file?

Thanks,
    Pikemen
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm