Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021

Thread: How to add new building slots upgrading cities - NEW

Default Re: How to add new building slots upgrading cities - NEW

Please make Azerbaijan capital of persia. and send me link. PLEASE

Can I Please get the file with Copenhagen ?

Regvlvs's Avatar Foederatus

Been trying to figure out this issue with the saving myself. I am trying to modify the game to give numerous 4 slot cities 5. Dresden, Munich, Copenhagen, Tripoli, Rome, and maybe Vilnius and Cairo. It shows up in game successfully, however reloading a saved game does not work if I use a modified faction it seems. Using an unmodified faction (only tested with majors) seems to not cause the same issue. I am using EasyEsf which is a wonderful tool which seems to work with all other issues.

I am going to test by playing with an unmodified faction what happens, if anything, when I take a modified city.

Hello, i have probems with this tutorial, because the links of attached erasmus 777 and the conversion patch crashed. Someone have this files when can share me. I`m triying change minor to major city Bogotá in the New Grenada.

The esf editor states "Region Slot AI ID" in CAI_World_Region_Slots, but this has to be "Settlement AI ID/ Fort AI ID. And in the same record under "Owned Indirect" it states "Settlement Slot AI ID" and this should be Region Slot AI ID". So they are reversed.
    Kind regards,
    OD

Edit:

Untrue!! The settlement is the indirect owner of the region and under settlements the settlement is "situated" (CAI situated) under the Region AI ID. So my remarks can be removed.

Kind regards
    OD
    Last edited by OpusDei; October 08, 2016 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Correction

hi everyone,

i''m having trouble with modding buildings slots in hannover(etc) iv'e been trying to make hannover have 5 or 4 slots city instead of 2 because im using colonialism mod some has changed it and i want to change it back
    but till this step :
    Make a 4 slot to 5 slot does not require a change to fortifications but if you make a minor major then you have to, so the fortifications are visible. You have to mode main/campaign_map_settlements inETW/data folder and change the original number of building slot with the converted new one. Download the attached file conversion_patch decompress and copy it to ETW/data. With Pack Manager open data/main.pack and find in campaign_map_settlements the 2 lines of your converted cities (you can export and open TSV with a spread sheet). Open with Pack Manager conversion_patch.pack. In conversion_campaign_map_settlements are the entries for Hannover and Venice that used in the old tutoriall. Replace them with the entries of your city as you found them in data/main.pack.

i got stucked can someone explain this to me maybe i did something wrong in the steps before that is quite possible but when i try to mod that i don't see the two lines to mod maybe because i'm not converting it as in the tutorial i just want to add some slots so minor hannover has 5 buildings in its city

hope someone can help me with this

thx in advance

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I get "unhandled exception" errors when trying to save changes in regions.esf. I'm replacing "settlement_minor" with "settlement_government" on the 2 lines for Naples but when I try to save I get error messages saying cannot save because of unhandled exceptions when I use EditSF. Im using Windows 7 64. Is it compatible with EditSF?

Also, do I understand you correctly that to upgrade a minor city to a major one, you also have to convert a major city to a minor one?
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; November 29, 2018 at 05:11 AM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Libertus

hi guys i have a problem to convert copenhagen to 5 settlement town

1.where do i get esfxml editor ?
    2. i did stratpos and regions changes i used the calculator for the correct building coordinates
    but i get this mess do you guys know how do i fix this ?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...etterbox=false

Your calculation for building placements are wrong.

Try calculating yourself, quite easy, using this https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...=1#post5223910