Thread: Line inf range increase

Default Line inf range increase

when I was defending a fort, I decided to check what an improvement my vet 4 line inf was in comparison to my vet 1 infantry. I was shocked to see that the range of all my units had been increased. Line inf was about 115 and light inf was even more. After the battle I had another battle in a field, the range had reverted to normal. In the next fort defence the range had gone back up. Did anyone know about this and is it intentional?

Default Re: Line inf range increase

Hmm that seems odd since experience doesn't increase range. Are you sure it's not because your units are on walls, they get a height bonus?

Never seen this one myself.

I think your men are getting a range boost from standing on top of the wall, that way their bullets travel farther.
    Build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Lumina's Avatar Vicarius

Higher Ground = More range but sometimes less accuracy because the angle the rounds come in on the enemy. Put them on a cliff side aiming down on an enemy force you will see them firing at slightly farther range than your enemy.

When you think about it, having a range increase from a height advantage doesn't really make sense. The range is what it is not because the musketballs won't reach past 70, but because they'd be horribly innaccurate at longer ranges. This doens't change when you have a height advantage.

Sknit's Avatar Biarchus

When you think about it, having a range increase from a height advantage doesn't really make sense. The range is what it is not because the musketballs won't reach past 70, but because they'd be horribly innaccurate at longer ranges. This doens't change when you have a height advantage.
    Yeh but it is nice to have a range advantage while on walls.
    "We shall defend our island whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on beaches, landing grounds, in fields, in streets and on the hills. We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, this island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time the New World with all its power and might, sets forth to the liberation and rescue of the Old."
    - Prime Minister Winston Churchill (after the fall of France)