Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Proper Militia Mod v1.3 - Now With Minutemen And Revamped Colors

Default Re: Proper Militia Mod v1.1 - Now Including Cavalry and Unit Cards

Quote Originally Posted by vince0018 View Post
    The mod is looking great, but there's only one issue I have now related to unit cards.
    For the French and Austrian nations, there may be others I haven't checked. The new militia unit cards are the exact same as line infantry unit cards, and this makes it more difficult to tell the difference at a glance which is which, so you have to read each unit card to find out who is who.
    Is there any way you could change the coats on the unit card to brown, or something unused by any faction?
    Done. They are now light brown on the unit cards; this should keep them apart from most line infantry. The new version is now up. It is designated '...v11a.zip'.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Default Re: Proper Militia Mod v1.0 - more realistic model and new textures

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    I just tested this and unfortunately, no - my suspicions have been confirmed. The sleeves in these files are assigned randomly to the rest of the coat. Which means that shape and number of pockets, style of sleeve, etc. will vary greatly, but the coats all need to be in one shade. When I tested two different shades of coats and sleeves, some coats had the right colored sleeve and some had the wrong one.

Very unfortunate. I have to say this smacks of a rush job again, like CA didn't have the time to think it through. The only way to have different shades - but not colors, obviously - in one unit is to have the coats in the faction color. Which in 18th century armies was often not the case, in all but the line infantry.
    Well, thanks for looking into it.

One other minor comment on this mod.....and I mean MINOR, because I think you've done a great job. Is there anyway to get rid of the bayonets on the militia? They didn't have them before if I remember correctly and I feel that it makes them look even more rag-tag when they don't have bayonets. I'm guessing it may be tied to the unit model but thought I'd bring it up anyway.
    Last edited by ♔Dignan♔; May 31, 2009 at 08:04 PM.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

You should reskin the minutemen, now.

Great work. I see that when you right-click the militia card it shows the new look on that picture as well. I am very happy now. This makes the game feel much better and gives me reason to keep playing and thoroughly enjoying the game. Thanks.

Wow fast update with even more goodies.

I'm still at awe with your flags mod, simply stunning and I actually find the turn cycles enjoyable with seeing all the flags.

Default Re: Proper Militia Mod v1.0 - more realistic model and new textures

Quote Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
    Well, thanks for looking into it.

One other minor comment on this mod.....and I mean MINOR, because I think you've done a great job. Is there anyway to get rid of the bayonets on the militia? They didn't have them before if I remember correctly and I feel that it makes them look even more rag-tag when they don't have bayonets. I'm guessing it may be tied to the unit model but thought I'd bring it up anyway.
    Actually, it isn't, to the best of my knowledge. Weapons and animations are determined by the unit itself; I'm pretty sure of that because I used to assign the pikeman model to the militia before I did this mod (which isn't implausible either, but only realistic for, say, the first two decades). When you assign the pikeman model to these guys, they automatically exchange their pikes and their animations for the militia's rifles.

I would suspect that your guys simply had an upgrade parallel to the line infantry. I see what you mean but I would say this is actually more realistic; I think bayonets are more about having the know-how than the resources.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    You should reskin the minutemen, now.
    You mean so they get the regular hats? The reason I haven't so far I've explained above - some of them seem to have worn bonnets, so they aren't as far off as the militiamen, since they are confined to the North American theater.

I am pretty sure, by the way, that the model was originally meant to feature both bonnets and regular hats - a texture for a regular hat is in there and the unit card has one too. Hats are randomized in Medieval: TW; why they aren't here, I have no clue.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Could not believe ive not known about this for a Week now...
    Imo, 1 of the most important mods out today,PROPER MilitiaYes sirs!!!
    Many ,many thanks for this A-wesome mod
    Spanky mate,;+1 rep to you

cheerS
    Last edited by MorganH.; June 02, 2009 at 04:15 PM.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Excellent work and, with Spanky's kind permission, this mod is now also included in The Rights of Man

BTW maybe you could just swap the Minutemen and Militia unit cards? That way they are consistent (Minutemen have bonnets, Militia have tricornes).
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Such a simple mod, yet such a neccessary one. I'd already done something like this for myself, but I'm dling anyway, because yours look much better.

However, do you remember the milita from episode 3 of the RTI? If you can use those models for the colonial militia only, it would rock even more. Hardly essential though, and these guys kick ass anyway.

Thanks for the newer 1.1b zip, the new unit cards are just right cheers ??

I can only see 1.1a in the first post. Thanks for these .

Respected! Friends!
    To have this unit (milice_infantry) as the milice - large error. This can be great useless labor. In the game the malice_infantry - is early infantry. All fractions use it for the real war entire campaign. For us this is the chance to have one additional version of infantry regimens for the fraction, but not the milice. For the landmilice is suitable unit pikinier. Verify and you will be convinced - this is the successful solution.
    En nom Dieu! Vive le Roy! A bas la Republique!

It might be due to me running some patch texture edits. I'll check and see.

Yeah, that's why, my bad. Great mod!
    Last edited by Ahiga; June 15, 2009 at 11:04 PM.

Kordian's Avatar Libertus

Great skins, now militia look like soldiers
    Dla moich Polaków nie ma rzeczy niemożliwych. Napoleon I (Napoleon Buonaparte, 1769 - 1821)

For my Poles there is no such thing as impossible. Napoleon I
    The great Emperor

great mod. i like how you used more natural colors on the gloves and boots etc. makes everything look authentic.

Civis

Fantastic

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

great work! I'm really enjoying this mod. This was really necessary!! I could not stand those silly militia hats...

Thanks!!
    --------------Arengada--------------

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

This is a great little mod. Thanks for v1.1 Spanky +Rep

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    You mean so they get the regular hats? The reason I haven't so far I've explained above - some of them seem to have worn bonnets, so they aren't as far off as the militiamen, since they are confined to the North American theater.

I am pretty sure, by the way, that the model was originally meant to feature both bonnets and regular hats - a texture for a regular hat is in there and the unit card has one too. Hats are randomized in Medieval: TW; why they aren't here, I have no clue.
    Please Reskin the Minutemen and give them hats Spanky. I hate those bonnets Reminds me of Frank Spencer

Last edited by nigelnire; June 25, 2009 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelnire View Post
    Please Reskin the Minutemen and give them hats Spanky. I hate those bonnets Reminds me of Frank Spencer

Yes, I must say it's ridiculous for them all to have bonnets, even if some of them had it historically. It would be really useful if somebody found out how to influence which hats are assigned to a model.

I might do the minutemen at some point but it would mean replacing the current model as I did for the rest of the militia. It would need a good deal of work to make the new textures required, but I'll give it a shot when I find the time. Can't promise that it will be soon.