Thread: Is it possible to play as emergent factions when using Regalia of Nations Regalia of Nations, specifically with the IS compatible starpos.esf?

Default Is it possible to play as emergent factions when using Regalia of Nations Regalia of Nations, specifically with the IS compatible starpos.esf?

Basically, is there a way of editing the startpos.esf so that emergent factions are playable without a CTD?

Apologies for the word repeat in the title.
    Last edited by Temujin64; May 27, 2009 at 12:00 AM.

Default Re: Is it possible to play as emergent factions when using Regalia of Nations Regalia of Nations, specifically with the IS compatible starpos.esf?

Strictly speaking, you could probably edit the startpos.esf to make an emergent faction playable. It's not something Regalia does by default, and if you intend to do it, I'd stick to only one faction. Making all emergent factions playable results in extraordinarily problematic campaigns. But to answer the basic question, yes it is possible, but I don't think anyone's going to do it for you any time soon. It's a lot of trouble from what I can tell.

Case in point? There's only one fully functional emergent unlock released so far (Greek mod).

Default Re: Is it possible to play as emergent factions when using Regalia of Nations Regalia of Nations, specifically with the IS compatible starpos.esf?

Well I have personally made emergent factions playable many times before by editing the original startpos.esf, however, when I attempt to edit the one used by Regalia, it always results in a ctd.

Hmm. Well, I don't know. Hopefully Aykis will check this and be able to give some more information.

hi
    how can i edit the file, so that i can play as a emergement faction? i would ile to plaay sicily.

Major_payne:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=242764

That has the directions for making am emergent faction playable. I'll admit that it's somewhat complicated, and I never manged to pull it off to my satisfaction. If you get it to work, I suggest taking Rome quickly so you can research the more military based technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Roslolian View Post
    Major_payne:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=242764

That has the directions for making am emergent faction playable. I'll admit that it's somewhat complicated, and I never manged to pull it off to my satisfaction. If you get it to work, I suggest taking Rome quickly so you can research the more military based technologies.
    thanks i will check it out!!

I've tried that, it works on the standard startpos.esf, but there's a CTD when you try to do it to a modded startpos.esf.

what is a CTD?
    do i need the IS start.esf to have the IS mod?
    Last edited by major_payne; May 31, 2009 at 05:54 AM.

CTD is an abreviation for "Crash to desktop".
    And you want both Regalia and Imperial Splendour, you don't need the IS startpos.esf, you just use the IS compatible startpos.esf supplied with Regalia. If you want just Imperial Splendour, then you need the it's startpos.esf

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin64 View Post
    CTD is an abreviation for "Crash to desktop".
    And you want both Regalia and Imperial Splendour, you don't need the IS startpos.esf, you just use the IS compatible startpos.esf supplied with Regalia. If you want just Imperial Splendour, then you need the it's startpos.esf
    i want ragalia with IS. so can i take the start.esf and change it? did you try this already?

Any attempt I made to use the IS compatible startpos.esf provided by Regalia resulted in a CTD.