Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BETTER CASTLE MODELS-STRAT MAP-jUST IDEEA

PSIHOPAT's Avatar Senator

Icon2 BETTER CASTLE MODELS-STRAT MAP-jUST IDEEA

Hi all. I play TATW with great pleasure.Its a great mod but lot of work must be done for better feeling.One thing that bother me its aspect of the castle on the strategy map (especialy for evil factions).My ideea its to add castle from another mod ....or...GAME. The perfect game with lots of models of castle its -Heroes of Might and Magic 5.Mordor faction will be extraordinary beautiful having castle added from heroes 5 (INFERNO-Faction).Isengard ... Necropolis castle from heroes 5.Dwarf...Dwarf castle. Rohan...Stronghold castle.Elf faction.....lovely gigantic tree from heroes 5 .I hope someone undestand wath i want to say.My english its poor...

JuL14n's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: BETTER CASTLE MODELS-STRAT MAP-jUST IDEEA

I've never seen an elf live inside a tree
    Maybe in warcraft and things like that.. Tolkien's elves got houses.

Assuming you're not a troll I hope you do realize how unrealistic such an idea is. You can't just "take" a castle from HoMM5 and "put" it into TA:TW.

Ragnarök's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by JuL14n View Post
    I've never seen an elf live inside a tree
    Maybe in warcraft and things like that.. Tolkien's elves got houses.

Not really, read about Thranduil's Halls in the woodland realm, or generally the elves in mirkwood, Lothlorien and Caras Galadhon the "city of trees" and so on.

JuL14n's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarök View Post
    Not really, read about Thranduil's Halls in the woodland realm, or generally the elves in mirkwood, Lothlorien and Caras Galadhon the "city of trees" and so on.
    Well, that took out the point that all elves got houses. But haven't read anything
    about them living inside trees.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

In Lorien they live onto the trees, and Thraduil's palace was a try to represent Menegroth, so I assume that it's in caves... Oooups. I the Hobbit that's clearly stated...

he means like inside the trees. like inside the bark. I'm preety sure they didn't do that

Quote Originally Posted by JuL14n View Post
    Well, that took out the point that all elves got houses. But haven't read anything
    about them living inside trees.
    I just pointed out that not all elves had houses like we imagine, but you are right they did not live inside them since that would
    harm the trees, so it wouldn't work probably
    Last edited by Ragnarök; May 27, 2009 at 09:16 AM.

Eriagon's Avatar Centenarius

The mayority of Elves lived in houses, the Elves in Loríen lived in houses up in the trees. Those who didn't live houses lived a semi-nomad life in the woods. Thandruil Hall's were as Menegroth and Nargothrond an underground city.
    Last edited by Eriagon; May 27, 2009 at 09:32 AM.

I think the current strat models represent elves villages pretty good anyway, some different looking upgrade levels in later versions would
    be nice, for orc cities too. It's always fun to upgrade and see the difference.

I think.... ONE gigantic tree its ideal,exotic,beautuful,to represent capital on the strategy map , for wooden elf faction.Elfish are people of the forest.NO TREE- NO ELF. Elf must have enormus R.E.S.P.E.C.T for the forest,must protect it.Elfish love the trees,especialy old trees.One gigantic tree in the forest must be the heart of the forest.They must love green color,brown color,black color (black,from the darkest part of the forest).Entire culture of that people must be constructed begining from the heart of the forest(Oldest tree in the forest).Can live around the tree,forming an real city(capital of the elfish).
    Another aspect wath i want to discuss its Capitals for evil factions.I love issenguard.I play with them and i want to bring ruin and distruction for all who opose it.Must be an real pleasure to cut down this damned tree who represent the heart of the elf.Isengard its a great faction.Must inspire fear,respect...Fear and respect for isengard its drawned from their enormus power of the masses of uruk.Their capital must be gigantic.

Quote Originally Posted by PSIHOPAT View Post
    Hi all. I play TATW with great pleasure.Its a great mod but lot of work must be done for better feeling.One thing that bother me its aspect of the castle on the strategy map (especialy for evil factions).My ideea its to add castle from another mod ....or...GAME. The perfect game with lots of models of castle its -Heroes of Might and Magic 5.Mordor faction will be extraordinary beautiful having castle added from heroes 5 (INFERNO-Faction).Isengard ... Necropolis castle from heroes 5.Dwarf...Dwarf castle. Rohan...Stronghold castle.Elf faction.....lovely gigantic tree from heroes 5 .I hope someone undestand wath i want to say.My english its poor...
    Im not realy sure how you would do that, but if you could that would be cool
    PRIZE REBEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Want Free stuff? http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=461443

Another game with few models of castle its Disciples 2 . I dont know wath tipe of models use total war 3D or 2D.

If they would make more strat models they would make their owns and I'm sure they would be better than in most comercial games

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Damn those other fantasy franchises for creating delusions of sterotypical Tolkien Elves in the minds of the ignorant...

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Would anyone close this thread? The OP clearly has no idea about the engine limitations or the LOTR lore, and I make a suggestion for him to continue to play "Heros of popular long ago" as his ideas mainly suggest to make it more like said game :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzor View Post
    Would anyone close this thread? The OP clearly has no idea about the engine limitations or the LOTR lore, and I make a suggestion for him to continue to play "Heros of popular long ago" as his ideas mainly suggest to make it more like said game :/
    HoMM is still an awesome series but other than that I agree.

Didnt the elves often wield axes... especially Sindar IIRC cut down lots of trees...

Mithrandir's Avatar Flame of Anor

Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
    Didnt the elves often wield axes...
    The Sindar of Doriath sure did. I've suggested an axe unit for the Silvans (when I was on the team).

Under the patronage of
    Code_Knight

Can anione give me exact path from the folder whare its models of the towns ?I will trie to make new casttle.I DONT REALY LIKE ISENGARD TOWN ON THE STRAT MAP.Most part of the game its on the strategy map.Music,voice,texture of the grass,sand,mountain must be exceptional for better feeling.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast