Thread: We have a winner!! - Tale of The Week 40

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default We have a winner!! - Tale of The Week 40

Congratulations

Astaroth wins his second ToTW competition in a row, watch out boy' s we might have a new rising star.

Battle of the Gorgoroth

Ash is raining down from the Orodruin, turning the endless plains of the Gorgoroth into a barren land. Biting smoke is filling my lungs as I move forwards. We were fools, arrogant fools for thinking we could defeat this enemy. There can be no victory against the Dark Lord.

We're surrounded now, this is our last stand. Loud drums can be heard and the silhouettes of thousands of orcs are approaching slowly. They're coming.

On the horizon, the mighty fortress of Barad-dūr rises into the dark clouds. The Eye seems to be flaring as if it was taunting us. Sauron knows that there is no escape for us, those who dared to challenge his power will be crushed like ants under his iron heel.

As the enemy approaches, we are preparing to face him once more. The plains in front of us are now swarming with orcs. Here we will stand and fight until we can fight no more. There is no escape. Huge mountain trolls and Olog-hai from the deepest dungeons of the Dark Tower are amongst them. It will be over soon, our arms are heavy, our hope is long gone.

The ground is shaking under their feet now and the deafening drums make me tremble. As our first line collapses, I realize that I will never see the White City again. Minas Tirith, the place where I was born, where I've lived all my life. But after this day, there will be no tomorrow for Gondor. This is the end of Middle Earth.

Suddenly I'm covered in blood. The troll in front of me is raising his mace, ready to end my life once and for all. For a moment, I want to die. My soul is filling with hopelessness and I do not have the power to withstand the enemy any longer.

Then I hear a shout. "For Gondor!" Without realizing that I am the one who shouted, I take up my spear and drive it through the Olog-hai's massive body. As the beast screams with pain, I suddenly hear a second noise, seemingly coming from far above. I raise my head to the sky and open my mouth to shout:

"THE EAGLES! THE EAGLES ARE COMING!"
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Default Re: We have a winner!! - Tale of The Week 40

Argh.. now we just got rid of Theodotos, he comes around!
    We shall never win again..

Congratulations Astaroth!
    Great story and great writing!
    | "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." |

My Workshop |The Graphics Workshop| Critic's Quill |Imperium Graecorum

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Congrats
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbag View Post
    Argh.. now we just got rid of Theodotos, he comes around!
    We shall never win again..

Congratulations Astaroth!
    Great story and great writing!
    This is exactly what I was thinking. I may come back just to challenge this guy.
    Son of PW