Thread: Roman Empire?

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Roman Empire?

Will there be a Roman Empire in italy? Or would their mythology units be too greek like to make them interesting?
    Thanks
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Default Re: Roman Empire?

I suppose you mean in Myth .. Afaik , the Italian "boot" , is the fartest west that we go , so , they should be in , or maybe the Etruscans ?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I think the Romans (aka Italians) should be emergent with the legions of Rome. That could be the end date ofr the mod, the Roman conquest of Greece. Just imagine, the terrified look on the Roman faces when they see a Cyclops and Talos coming at them. Reminds me of Spartan Total Warrior (for PS2)

ROFL Copter's Avatar Vicarius

This mod is set thousands of years before Rome. Atlantis as said to be founded in 12000 BC. Rome will very likely not be in it.

Its now set in 1000bc so no romans, just latins and Etruscans. We will be getting rid of the existing Italian faction, which was rather crudely early roman.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL Copter View Post
    This mod is set thousands of years before Rome. Atlantis as said to be founded in 12000 BC. Rome will very likely not be in it.
    Atlantis sank in 12,000 BC.

Atlantis sank in 12,000 BC.
    Shush it cant sink then. The date don’t matter too much as so little is known, the units will all be of that era and that’s the best we can do or need to do for a mythology mod.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Maybe a god (maybe Poseidon) rose Atlantis to fight for him and protect their domain.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Maybe just have Romans as a horde near carthage after the trojan war... Aneas fled there after troy's defeat, correct? Then, have them get early hastatis (Actually wielding a hasta), then reforms for normal republican troops we all know and wish we could replace with the legions of Marius, then the marian reforms, etc, etc.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

i wouldn't like rome in this, they are in no way conected to anything in the mod, and the mod is too early for them

yeah aeneas fled to italy and then rome was founded, 500 years later

I agree mediteran, romans just arent involved in anything here. If anything the mod will be taken back further in time.

Btw, progress; once we get the new centaur model I will get going in a big way again, if theo gets the map done in 3 months, then the rest should be ready too!

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

If you are making faction of this mod representing the gods, maybe then the romans could be represented by Mars
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"