Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Castles in PKH

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Default Re: Castles in PKH

On the other hand we are working on trying to see how practical it is to change the castle structures themselves (for a few castles). The only question is how much time we put into that versus work on the main mod. At the moment we are very heavily into investigating what we can do on the castle structures and not really doing that much directly on this mod at this time (though progress is being made on family trees by other team members).

OK we had a little break ... but are still progressing on the battlemap investigations.
    Makanyane, has been working on a new battle model and I've been fiddling around a bit (with KE's help) on how to mechanise some bits.

eatme's Avatar Senator

Nice to know you are digging at it. Coz those castle models are waiting to be seen in their finished glory )

Well we can amend the number of groups now but I need to work out how to amend the objects easier as they each affect each other.

It's been a while but hope to start on some custom battle model versions of the castles in Feb. I have a few particular castles I want to model (and Makanyane has a definite favorite in mind - they're all in Wales). It's tied with seeing how to move our world editor tool forward and the mod.

got one question, ee those are settlements or they are represented by "PSF" system from kingdoms?

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by IVIarkI2I
    got one question, ee those are settlements or they are represented by "PSF" system from kingdoms?
    Not really sure what you are asking as both are effectively interchangeable anyway. The ones we've shown probably won't appear in our mod as such as they are just examples.

well I mean if the castles itself and strat models are replacing vannila castles model or they are using kingdoms small forts system?

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

well I mean if the castles itself and strat models are replacing vannila castles model or they are using kingdoms small forts system?
    In PKH the castles we are making will replace some settlements. We may still use the small forts system but not for castles or stone forts more likely just for some 'villages' or other non strategic purpose.

mm ok becouse Iam wondering how much start map models can be used for small forts system" ?

Niccolo Machiavelli

mm ok becouse Iam wondering how much start map models can be used for small forts system" ?
    Strat models are for strat maps. Battle models are for battle maps. Not sure why you think otherwise.
    If you are wondering about small forts system why don't you test something or ask in the Mod Workshop section. Its not a major issue for us in our mod.
    Last edited by wilddog; February 28, 2010 at 04:15 PM.

ok been just wondering how you solved this issue here indeed very nice mod a lot of top stuff and you guys are very great modders +rep for your awesome work (dont let it die better released asap)

Niccolo Machiavelli

ok been just wondering how you solved this issue here indeed very nice mod a lot of top stuff and you guys are very great modders +rep for your awesome work (dont let it die better released asap)
    Thanks for that. No we are very slowly doing things in the background. Just have a lighting issue to resolve on the settlements. However I still don't understand what the 'issue' is that you are referring to? If you could explain more we could possibly help but at the moment I don't really see the problem that you are seeing.

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

Amazing simply amazing. I cant imagine how much time and effort went into those models and I must say they are the most impressive strat models I have ever seen. Are you planning on doing cities aswell?
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Nole4694
    Amazing simply amazing. I cant imagine how much time and effort went into those models and I must say they are the most impressive strat models I have ever seen. Are you planning on doing cities aswell?
    We made our own versions of the city ones but they are more generic. Now working on changing some for the strat models into castles on the battle map. That's likely to be quite slow for some time.

King of History's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Still, keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    We made our own versions of the city ones but they are more generic. Now working on changing some for the strat models into castles on the battle map. That's likely to be quite slow for some time.
    Maybe you have some screens from work in progress on battlem map castels, which you can share with us?
    I am amazed by progress of your and others(Argantonio, KE, Makanyane) work on settlement modification...

Quote Originally Posted by sirmic
    Maybe you have some screens from work in progress on battlem map castels, which you can share with us?
    Sorry not yet. Mak posted some screen shots of some early bits she did by hand but I haven't got fully into it as the models need to be built to support the troop deployments. As that's the bit of the IWTE tool I've been working on I've been holding off as I need to amend some basic building blocks and check it works for what I wanted. Once that's done then I can correct the models and can continue with the settlements.

Orian1020's Avatar Laetus

Was #17 Lochindorb by any chance? That would be awesome. Sorry if somebody already guessed the right answer.

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    Though I am 100% behind your aesthetics regarding the models looking like the strat map ones, Perhaps you might consider releasing with that particular effort set aside as a seperate update? If you can include just a few custom models where the scripting bugs were ironed out, I'm sure, added with all the other great acomplishments in this mod, we would be satisfied with waiting for the better historicaly accurate models later. Just sayin'.