Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Castles in PKH

Default Re: Castles in PKH

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    [...] resolve on IWTE but I am very likely to re-continue this. Though I suspect it would still take me 2+ years to finish but who knows.
    uuuhh this sounds good

Thanks Ishan and Diglytron. Below is an example of one of Makanyane's which is in the mod :

Example 3D view from IWTE tool (this is an Irish castle from PKH Mod).
    Is it castle 17 from the preview (OP)? The one Mak also uses in her sig

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    no it's similar but that one (17) should end up being more compact... the preview and the one in my sig should be the base model for Inverlochy... though some other places will use very similar variant (square perimeter walls with 4 towers at corners and 1 or 2 gates) the bit in my sig shows it with the towers with timber hoardings which will appear as an upgrade, so instead of 'arrow towers' converting to ballister, you should get basic arrow tower converting to 'hoarded' tower with more slots... IWTE stuff seems to be nearing an end, so we should get back to this soon (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    no it's similar but that one (17) should end up being more compact... the preview and the one in my sig should be the base model for Inverlochy... though some other places will use very similar variant (square perimeter walls with 4 towers at corners and 1 or 2 gates) the bit in my sig shows it with the towers with timber hoardings which will appear as an upgrade, so instead of 'arrow towers' converting to ballister, you should get basic arrow tower converting to 'hoarded' tower with more slots... IWTE stuff seems to be nearing an end, so we should get back to this soon (hopefully)

IWTE stuff seems to be nearing an end, so we should get back to this soon (hopefully)
    This are great news. I really wait for your mod

Thank you for the info Mak, looking forward to more

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    IWTE stuff seems to be nearing an end, so we should get back to this soon (hopefully)
    Im happy to hear this.
    Maybe now you could have your deserved quota of fun.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs
    Im happy to hear this.
    Maybe now you could have your deserved quota of fun.
    Well I'm still fiddling with IWTE so no time yet but I am thinking of getting back to this again. I saw they released some tools for modding RTW2 but not sure I can really be bothered trying to get into that as the main tools require 3DS max and the whole thing is steam based (which I am no fan of - the whole concept of you buy something but can only use it if a third party permits just annoys me).
    I did catch up on the various TWC games since steam introduced but haven't played them much mainly due to the only good bits being sea battles and better vegetation. AI was dire in pretty much every game with little improvement in a positive way. So better to play with the devil we know...

I also got too carried away in trying to solve the animations in the .world file as I wanted thinner walls. However making such a set of animation is likely too much work to justify it in most cases but who knows.

Pleased to see you are still working on this

Let's hope the game is as good as the graphics

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Two views of a 95% finished unique castle for PKH - is just missing arrow firing from towers, I could add manually but hoping Wilddog will include in tool to save the hassle...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

does anyone recognise which castle it's meant to be?
    Dam, this castle just looks like the real Peveril

this is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane
    err wrong!

Though we keep discussing it.. or at least a new version.

Though we keep discussing it.. or at least a new version.
    Looking forward to further news. Even if you dont release a version, you two do more than deserve using your tool for what it was made for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader
    Looking forward to further news. Even if you don't release a version, you two do more than deserve using your tool for what it was made for!!!
    Hi thanks xHolyCrusader, we've been talking (me and Mak) about changing the scope rather than the period..been ongoing for a while. If we continue its likely to be geographically more limited but that's tied to the circumstances we were really trying to model (we kept expanding it). I just want to get to amending the strat map via the hgt file in IWTE and then finally we should be able to decide.

Yes, I always hoped to see this being developped again.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

@ Nelduin - fingers crossed we will start to progress soon (ie probably in last quarter this year mostly tied around some other priorities). Main thing though is we are starting to think more about getting into it and finding out where we put all the things we did mod earlier (prior to upgrading PC's). Reality is it will end up being worked on mostly next year so nothing fast/imminent as a consequence.

edit: found some images of the previewed castles:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

edit2: is the first image in the second spoiler corfe castle btw?
    Last edited by xHolyCrusader; February 23, 2016 at 04:07 AM.

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Hey all!

Is it somehow possible to upload the screenshots of the castles u made? All links are dead

@Overlord.ru check the mods wiki page, few images are still up there

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112