Thread: Age problem...

Icon1 Age problem...

Hi, i don't know is anyone has happen this before, for a unknow reason when i end a turn, all goes right, except that the character's ages does not change. Also, the family does not becomes bigger, i mean, only a few children born... Can anyone help me??

PS: sorry for my english... i do what i can.

JuL14n's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Age problem...

Original Medieval with the latest patch? Or is it a modification you speak about?

original, whit the kingdom's expansion... The expansion install the three patches...

It also happen in the america's campaig, teutonic, etc... I uninstall and reinstall the game but nothing happens. The strange things is that a couple a years ago, it runs okey, at the same computer...

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

It takes two turns for a character to age one year. It takes one summer and one winter for a character to age one year.
    The only way to get heirs is to conquer regions. There is an algorithm in the hardcode that only allows a certain family member to regions controlled ratio. Also remember that a female family member has to be 15 to get married and male family member has to be 16.

I understand what your are saying, but does not make any sence, becouse the turn number 1 is the year 1080, and the turn number 2 is the year 1082, is in the year number 3 (year 1084) that the caracthers (in my case) grown up a year. It takes (in my computer) 4 years to the caracters grown up 1...

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The character ages on the winter turn. If you have the vanilla way (2 years per turn) then your character should theoretically age 4 years on the winter turn as summer and winter alternate. Which means if the game starts in winter , then your character will age on turn three as you said.

if there is a command console in kingdoms and you really need family members or your goin to lose the game just open the command shell and give them the fertile and wife is fertile trait but dont rely on it.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

There is no cheat command to gain family members. Go conquer the world to get family members. The game won't let you run out unless you have them all in one settlement and you get it wiped out. Even the game can't help you then.