Thread: Sub-mod Compatability

Default Sub-mod Compatability

So i have the RC+RR submod, the new terrain submod and the visual enhancement submod installed, and every time I try to start a new campaign it takes me back to the single player screen (i've already tried a clean install and its not helping). Any idea on what could be causing this?
    Last edited by Falco; May 24, 2009 at 09:30 PM.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Default Re: Sub-mod Compatability

This might because of my sub mod, try deleting the names.txt.strings.bin file that is in the mods/Third_Age/data/text folder.

Elfhelm's Avatar Biarchus

Ive currently got TATW 1.1 + RC+R 25th May+agostinos add units + Louis's visual beautification and its working real swell! I just wish all the great ideas I see being formed in threads could come together,then what a truelly great work this would be! Not that it ain't already!

That didn't work unfortunately, I think I'll just do another clean install and not install all 3 sub-mods, thanks though Louis.

Install RR/RC last.

I would also like to see all the best mods come together. You should all apply for membership of the TATW team, or make a group that works to combine all of the best sub mods into one, adding new mods whenever a truly great one pops up. If you do this you should try avoid adding mediocre ones.

I am happy to say I am now on the TATW dev team. I think its safe to say that KK is aware of the good work being done by the many submods and is looking at which ones could be included in future 'official' updates of TATW.

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I am happy to say I am now on the TATW dev team. I think its safe to say that KK is aware of the good work being done by the many submods and is looking at which ones could be included in future 'official' updates of TATW.
    Great!!!

EDIT: Could you lobby some wolves to OotMM? Pretty please?

I recommend louis lux and maxmazi's visual overhaul. It makes everything look, and feel more middle earthy

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by evinmulligan View Post
    I recommend louis lux and maxmazi's visual overhaul. It makes everything look, and feel more middle earthy
    is that the new terrain mod the OP was talkin about?
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

no, it adds new event pictures and portraits and unit cards

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    So i have the RC+RR submod, the new terrain submod and the visual enhancement submod installed, and every time I try to start a new campaign it takes me back to the single player screen (i've already tried a clean install and its not helping). Any idea on what could be causing this?
    The problem is that the mods each have a file that will be overridden by the next mod like descr_strat. However, it may be possible to have 1 file in TATW and then manually add the changes from the other file.

So install 1 mod, then manually add the changes to the conflicting files.

Hope this helps.