Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Hey everyone, just signed up for the forums wanted to say hello, i saw this mod was in the works, and i bought total war II for the sole reason of playing it

Im a huge martin fan, so this game makes me very excited

Darkstar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Greetings

Thanks for the interest and support!

Hello to all the community,

As Ironprice, I'm also a Martin fan, and I'm seeking this mod from few months... I'm very happy that the work is still in progress.

I would have some suggestions and ideas about this mod. I hope it is the right place to expose its.

In the books, relationships between families and also between lords and bannerens are very complex, and is a big part of the story. To reflect that atmosphere, maybe it could be possible to figure important bannerens as "protectorates" of strong families.
    I didn't really experienced protectorates in M2TW, but it could be interresting to let some freedom to bannerens, and to allow them the possibility to change their faction.

I would take Roose Bolton as an example :
    Even non-playable, he could have his own countries, he could pay the stark faction each turn and, as an ally or protectorate, be forced to follow his lord at war (with his own army). But in case of the stark player ask too much, or if stark faction is in difficulty against Lannister for example, he could change his mind and become a Lannister ally or protectorate...
    Of course, this would implicates lot of scripting and a big work on diplomacy system and possibilities. But the result could be very immersive, the player would have a big "politic" challenge, and the size of his army will directly be in relation with that. He will never be sure that he will be really followed in his war for the crown...

I don't know if my idea his reasonable or if it is still possible to go in that way, but if you are interrested by this view, I'm available to help (I must precise that I'm not experienced in modding art...).

But anyway, thank you so much to give live to his huge universe with this excellent game.

Unfortunately the protectorate/vassals engine in M2TW doesn't work very well. There is also no way to start with factions as vassals.

Laetus

Greetings to everyone!

I'd also like to join the crowd in praising this mod, I think you guys made and awesome job.

While playing I had a few ideas:
    I haven't seen in the progress report or in other threads anything about modding the religion to include the Lord of the Light and the Drowned God's religion, but I've seen the files to include them. I'm new to modding this game, but I've fiddled around yesterday to include temples for them (altough they still produce septons as agents). I have no experience how well the AI handles these things, but I think it would be nice to see this included in the mod.
    Gameplay wise, these religions could produce better buildings to compensate for the handicap they give to the Stannis and Ironmen faction.
    The Old Faith, I think is too passive for this kind of gameplay, but when the Starks declare independence they could choose this as their religion and get a special building for Godswood. But storywise since there are no priests for this religion turning by agents would look strange for those who read the books.

Aside from mercenaries I think specific rebels should be also included, for example the Brotherhood without Banners could be implemented in this way.

I understand that you are still working on the AI, but the aggressive Vale is a bit disturbing, at least early in the game.
    One more thing I would like to see is the occupying armies ransacking a bit more. Since raiding and plundering plays a big part in the books it was a bit of a dissapointment to see Riverlands (almost) intact in all of my games.

Once again: great job guys, finding this mod made my day

Religion is on the list to be implemented for v1.0, although not much work has been done with it yet. Same goes for mercenaries.

Thanks for your interest and support.

Thank you for your fast reply,

And if these bannerens are only allied with the Lord ? Of course allied IA is not very helpfull during war, but in the books also, bannerens don't act always as expected...
    I don't know if it is possible to set (as default) a basic payment from allied bannerens to the Lord and to set precisly the comportment between allied bannerens and the Lord (at which conditions the banneren will start to be interrested by ennemies offers...).

I've just remarked that you are already talking about all of these things inside the topic What Factions Would You Like to See in v1.0.
    So sorry for double post, I will now post on this subject if I can have a "real fresh idea".