Thread: Concerning Fallout 3 Spec requirements

Default Concerning Fallout 3 Spec requirements

I'd really like to get Fallout 3 and play it, but I'm afraid my PC isn't good enough.

I have a intel core 2 duo E7200 processor, 4 gb Ram which seems to suffice for requirements, but the graphics card it recommends is the Nvidia 8800 series. I have a Geforce 9300M GS 256MB, so I think that's really what's going to stop me from playing this. Can anyone tell me if they think that's enough? I don't want to spend the money on the game and then not be able to play without even decent graphics (doesn't have to be highest but I want it to look good at least). It's also annoying because I can't download a demo anywhere it seems in order for me to see if the game will run etc. Any help is much appreciated.

Default Re: Concerning Fallout 3 Spec requirements

Hahah you will be able to play it surely!
    My computer is a 4 year old p4 3.2 ghz with ATI x1600 and 2gb ram and I can run it on medium with some tweaks!
    I shut down unnecessary processes before playing so all power goes to the game
    In my opinion it runs better than Oblivion
    Yeah Baby

Kids cover them ears!

Cap, buy F3. I'm confident you'll be able to play it on medium high.

Erlinggra's Avatar Campidoctor

It seems you should be able to run it, but remember that the game is major unstable on the PC.

Ok, so I got the game and I really like it, but I have to run it on low settings and the lowest resolution and I'm still getting a lot of chop in game, especially inside Megaton. Any kind of special tricks I can try to improve performance?

mrcrusty's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Ok, so I got the game and I really like it, but I have to run it on low settings and the lowest resolution and I'm still getting a lot of chop in game, especially inside Megaton. Any kind of special tricks I can try to improve performance?
    Tweak the .ini file to remove the less useful parts of the game and gain fps. (like shadows, or w/e)

http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html

definately get rid of shadows.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.