Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How To: Port a RTW mod to ATW - guidelines(WIP)

Default Re: How To: Port a RTW mod to ATW - guidelines(WIP)

There are a few places to look for internal names: the top of DS, descr_sm_factions.txt, and expanded_bi.txt are all good places, expanded_bi.txt should even tell you what the external names are for reference.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Oh appreciated the input.

Secondly I stumbled into a reference by LT in SPQR that the Turtle is not usable in ALEX,I think Florin you saw this also???? I have not used Rome unit types to find out if true? Until I have time to check,can anyone confirm,yes or no??? If LT was concerned then I am afraid it is true??? Hope not..."turtle" is important feature for Rome faction.

I can confirm turtle formation works under ALEX.
    We have used it since first release in our mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    I can confirm turtle formation works under ALEX.
    We have used it since first release in our mod.
    Thanks! Aqd confirmed it too. I`ve asked him to try it after I`ve read lt`s post claiming that you can`t have the "turtle" with atw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylan271 View Post
    Secondly I stumbled into a reference by LT in SPQR that the Turtle is not usable in ALEX,I think Florin you saw this also?
    I haven`t made any specific reference in the first post here because frankly, it would have been weird not to have the same abilities as in rtw since atw draws from it, but if you`d have read the spqr thread after lt`s post you`d have seen my post about it there. If something actually goes the other way around I`ll add it to the guide.
    Last edited by florin80; September 22, 2009 at 05:39 PM.

OK didn't read all the thread,my error,so missed your replies fully. Had me worried though,sheesh.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

I'm going to made vanilla rtw mod to my alex, so i can play vanilla whit better engine

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    I'm going to made vanilla rtw mod to my alex, so i can play vanilla whit better engine
    Please do , and please release it

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    Oh I forgot Conquistador was working on a vanilla sub Mod also,but via RTW engine. Maybe he should look at Alex also? But,not everyone has Alex so less players,what was told to me. That is the only real prob with Alex.

First post updated after confirmation from aqd that the marian reform works with atw too and also with the addition that there seems to be a change in the way it is triggered. Apparently it can`t be triggered before 220 BC even if an imperial_palace is built in a settlement whose region has the italy hidden resource.
    For the source thread see this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=300127

First post updated with the info from III 10 and 11(the text files Battlefields_regions_and_settlement_names and descr_fmv).

Just a note,something I missed earlier. The MTW2 engine has about same DMB limit as ALEX,and the faction limit is about 30ish(in RTW 20+). The question I have to ask,is there a change also in the faction limit for ALEX? I am not experienced in testing so can't confirm anything.

I doubt it, but I haven`t tried. I did try to add an extra faction in BI though and it didn`t work.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    11. A new text file that exists in ATW`s main data folder and did not exist as such in RTW and BI, descr_fmv allows the repath of the intro movie clip or the rename of the file itself. Source. Also important to know is that while in vanilla ATW there is only one intro clip, you can set it up to have two, just like in vanilla RTW, playing one after the other. By adding an extra line under the first. For example:
    Code:
    no_skip alexander/data/fmv/ATVI_Spinning_Logo_640x480.wmv
    no_skip alexander/data/fmv/rome_title.wmv
    Now, the no_skip command will make it so that you can`t .. skip the intro movies by pressing Esc. If you wish to be able to skip the intro movies at any time during their play replace the no_skip command with can_skip. For example:
    Code:
    can_skip alexander/data/fmv/ATVI_Spinning_Logo_640x480.wmv
    can_skip alexander/data/fmv/rome_title.wmv
    Source.
    Can this be use for faction defeat movie ? When I run RTR VII with Alex the faction defeat movie did not show. The intro movie runs perfectly without replacing the movie in vanilla BI folder.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

I`ve no idea how you could specify which file to be used when. Which limits the use of the file to editing the intro movie alone. Until someone discovers otherwise of course.

Okay, I could make my mod playable with the ALX.exe just by making a shortcut of the ALX.exe and putting -show_err -mod:my_mod in the target line.
    Would I then have access to the 512 DMB slots etc?
    Or would I need to edit existing ALX files to do this?

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Great tutorial!
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

This should be stickied.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Seems reasonable. Stickied.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234