Thread: Malteser Knights minor nation

Default Malteser Knights minor nation

Hi, one of the more interesting nations regarding to history (for me), is the small malteser knights nation in etw.
    Sadly activision did not do much with it, but wouldnt it be nice, the rework this nation more fully, and let them try to gain their prestige they onces had in the middle ages??

Starting with just one island, you could have a lot of fun with this minor, as its centrally placed in the map, and you could go all directions, maybe retake jerusalem again?!

Work to do would be, correct authentic high cancel board names and rulers. correct units and uniforms, maybe some; what if units etc etc. I would love to work on this with others (i could do research), also it would be a big bonus for this mod, wich is in my opinion the best around.

Any thoughts?

tabee
    E.

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida Espańa, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

Default Re: Malteser Knights minor nation

yeahh, the comeback of the maltesers!!

btw werent they called knights of st.john?

think by this timeframe they were called "Knights of Malta"...not sure though

Already had the same idea. Would it be possible to equip an infantry units with pistols? Knights should definitly be a good armoured close combat unit (maybe with auxiliary pistols). Maybe you only need them as elite marines aboard ships. I'd really like to help, but everything I can do is a little research...
    By the way, I also think "Knights of St. John" would fit best.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Yes, we can equip them with pistols; best thing for the Knights is to move to Tunis and capture it from the barbary states so they can research technologies again!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

i already did some small research.
    the malteser order start addapting more modern army structures ideas around 1750.

Under the Knights of St John,
    the land Forces of Malta were controlled and administered by a body called the Venerable Congregation of War. It was composed of the Marshall of the Order , or General-en-Chef ,who had direct command of the army, his deputy ,four Lieutenant Generals ,Four Commissioner Grand Crosses appointed from four different nationalities, hailing from Spain, Italy, France and Bavaria. There was also included in the council, the Engineer-in-chief and Commissioner of Fortifications, the Director of Finance, the Commander of the Artillery, the Colonel of the Regiment of Malta, the Colonel of the Regiment Chasseurs or Cacciatori, and a Judge Advocate for the application of law in the case of a council of war.

They formed their own modern line infantry;
    Reggimento Di Malta

with fusiliers wearing a white with red uniform

officer (all are members of the order of st.john)

regiment disbanded in 1798, after captering of the french

The Order's Navy had two War Congregations. One was responsible for the Men-of-War or Navi, and the other for the galleys. These congregations were under the command of an Admiral who however, in time of War ,was subordinate to the Marshal of the Order. He was supported by a General and two Lieutenant generals, one for the Men-of-War and the other for the Galleys.

captain general of the galleys
    around 1750

The Regiment of Cacciatori was raised during Grandmaster De Rohan's reign as a militia infantry unit of volunteers under military discipline. It was disbanded in 1798.
    officer around 1750

soldier (chasseur) of the regiment of Cacciatori

flags
    Maltese regiment colours
    A Royal Warrant issued in September 1743 decreed that regiments were to carry two Colours; the Sovereign Colour and the Regimental Colour.The Sovereign Colour symbolised loyalty to the Crown, the Regimental Colour, the duty owed by its members to the regiment and its traditions. Commanders used the colours to judge the course of battle, while soldiers were provided with a concentration point to gather around and an irresistible exhortation to “stand firm”.http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/smom%5E.html#18c

armory grandmasters
    http://www.heraldica.org/topics/orde...lta-armory.htm

Last edited by Douanier; May 22, 2009 at 02:26 PM.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Was all this ever implemented? Lol Im playing them now and its good fun.

no, sadly not, i can do research, but not someone who cluld create this units etc etc.
    i also posted this in the ideas wips proposals forum, but got no real reply on it, sadly
    because its fun to play.

Yeah.... Im sure l33t will try get them in the game... Did you put them in the Unit proposal forum?

Praepositus

actually, it's been a while since the last batch of suggested units were implemented into APE:TI

Oh lol.... Well we'll see then haha.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Almost all of the suggested units are actually in the game (though not in files available for download,) I'm holding them back due to the AOR changes, the units update patch from CA and some skinning issues!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Praepositus

I've been waiting for it for weeks all you can do is be patient and pray

Praepositus

whoa l33t, popped at the last second again!

Haha sweet then... So after the patch we'll have an epic amount of units mean lol.

Praepositus

lol u got that right m8, especially the Swedish Life Guards of Foot the one I've been waiting for