Thread: Goths

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Goths

I haven't played V3 yet, so if these have been fixed, just say so! (P.S: Computer is back and most data was rescued!)
    The gothic symbol, the gothic cross, would not be current with the time period. The goths had not adopted Arianism yet!
    Also, is there any way to encourage them to migrate towards Italy rather than greece?
    The ostrogoth rebellion should only be able to happen in certain hunnic provinces. For example, in my V1.2 game, the ostros are currently in asia minor going towards antioch. (I'm playing as huns)
    Thanks
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Default Re: Goths

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    I haven't played V3 yet, so if these have been fixed, just say so! (P.S: Computer is back and most data was rescued!)
    The gothic symbol, the gothic cross, would not be current with the time period. The goths had not adopted Arianism yet!
    Also, is there any way to encourage them to migrate towards Italy rather than greece?
    The ostrogoth rebellion should only be able to happen in certain hunnic provinces. For example, in my V1.2 game, the ostros are currently in asia minor going towards antioch. (I'm playing as huns)
    Thanks
    Not entirely true I'm afraid. There were many Gothic Christians by 361AD, enough in fact for there to be several persecutions against them by several Gothic 'Kings'.
    And the Goth's never wanted to move anywhere but to Thrace, had Valens let them do this then its doubtful they would have done anything else other than settle down to farming and providing recruits to the Roman Army.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

but move they did. Also, the Gothic leadership didn't want christianity, so it is unlikely a christian symbol would be on thier banners.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    but move they did. Also, the Gothic leadership didn't want christianity, so it is unlikely a christian symbol would be on thier banners.
    The Gothic Army that fought under Fritigern's leadership was certainly Arian Christian, so I have my doubts how 'pagan' the Goth's were during the 350's to the 370's AD.