Thread: Cannot create .bat file

Default Cannot create .bat file

I downloaded the game and tried installing, but a little ways through instalation it say "cannot open/create c://pogram files/SEGA/Medieval 2 total war/ Renaisanse.bat file"

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Cannot create .bat file

That's an odd problem.
    Make sure your game folder isn't set to read-only (try copying a file in that directory; if you can, then it's not set to read-only, if you can't, due to the folder prohibiting it, then it is).
    Also, can you install other mods?

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Yep, my M2TW file is read only....I can't get it off of read only, can some one help me?

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Easy. Right-click on the main M2TW folder, select Properties and uncheck read-only. It will ask you if you want to do so for sub-folders as well; it is not necessary, but you may if you wish.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

i cant instal it either cuz of the exact same problem, and i tried what u said but it doesnt work

nvm i aldy got it -.-
    needed to do it as admin

I have the same problem - "cannot open/create c://pogram files/SEGA/Medieval 2 total war/ Renaisanse.bat file!"

Unchecked it from a read-only file. Still have the same problem. I'm using Vista BTW.

Hi,
    did you take notice of the installation advices?
    Is the bat and the config file in you MTW2 folder (were it should be) - not in the Renaissance one?
    Shouldnt be a problem of vista.