View Poll Results: Shall Jean-Jacques Rousseau become a Citizen?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 90.00%
  • No

1 10.00%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [PASSED 05/30/09] [Citizen] Jean-Jacques Rousseau (Patron: Noble Savage)

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default [PASSED 05/30/09] [Citizen] Jean-Jacques Rousseau (Patron: Noble Savage)

Client: Jean-Jaques Rousseau
    I understand the responsibilities of being a citizen, ever since my first joining this community back in September of 2006, despite having only written 1000 or so posts...
    I understand that being a citizen means that you have responsibilities towards not only the site and it's owners but also to the population of forum goers, a responsibility to make their experience as straight forward and as enriching as possible, without them having to feel threatened or scared to post.
    And I believe that a citizen is a representative of TWC, that is to say, that any citizen has the obligation to act accordingly to how he would expect any other member to act, leading by example.
    I believe that friendships and such should not affect the way that a citizen affects the way I deliver my punishments.
    Being a philosopher from the 18th century means that I strongly believe in the phrase: Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité.
    Liberty as in, members should be free to post as they want, when they want, with no fear of repurcussion, unless they break the rules, of course.
    Equality: Because, all forum goers deserve the same treatment, no matter if I agree with their ideas or not.
    Fraternity: Because, we are all friends deep down in this forum and need to work together to improve.

Now, on a different note, a citizen does not only have responsibilities, they have privileges as well, a position of authority towards other forum members, a more open posting range and a greater insight into the forums inner workings. Oh, I forgot to mention, citizens also get to change the name under their avatar .

Ok, now I'll make this last part short, I think I can bring a lot of contributions to the site as a citizen, especially as I am a regular in the Mudpit and the Academy, I am fluent in both English and French, yes it could be usefull!
    I am also well read, at least I hope, because I am sadly still a student, and I must read, french litterature, economic texts, or at least parts of them and I also have to follow the news, damned school, which in the end makes me some kind of knowledgeable person, which could always come in handy!

Now, a couple of my best posts:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=262842&page=3
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=259693

Patron: Noble Savage
    As you can see, he has a lot going for him. He's very well read and his English is top notch. Sometimes his posts may seem a little short but his contribution isn't as you can see by his selected links.

With addition to his contribution in the Pit' he also helps provide commentary with other's AAR's. I greatly admire his passion and his friendliness in general. I'm just surprised that his name hasn't been put forward before.

Please give this bloke a chance.

Thanks for your time.

Paul

Civitate

Default Re: [Citizen] Jean-Jacques Rousseau (Patron: Noble Savage)

Ja from me. I like him. Good guy. Good debater.

Yes. I was just about to ask him tonight, Damnit.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

He seems to be a decent contributor to the D&D. His two examples are quite fine. I of all here should not be one to critic the mainly D&D aspect of the applicant. Fortunately he has also dabbled in AAR's and can be quite creative. To be honest, he is much better qualified than I was when I became a citizen.

Yes.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

indeedy

I like his posts and his attitude, seems like a worthy candidate.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Well he does certainly seem very helpful towards other members. A good attitude can get you very far in life. Not that it makes you a Citizen but in this case, I like him. D&D seems to be his "place" and he does contribute well to the forum. It's a yes from me.
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Poll added.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I abstained because I don't think I will have the time to really look at the canidate before friday. If I do have time tomorrow I may ask our great Curator to change it. I looked over some of his posts from several months ago and didn't see really anything that was citizen worthy. Maybe he has stepped it up in the last 5 or 6 months. G'night.

y

Edit: again sorry guys usually I have the time to contribute but really busy on a project for work. RL sucks sometimes.
    Last edited by y2day; May 27, 2009 at 09:23 PM.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Curator please change my vote to no. A couple AARs started but never finished, another in the works I believe. Seems to be a nice helpful guy, and a decent poster but not enough for citizenship in my book.

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Done.
    Ex-Curator

R.I.P Calvin

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Passed.
    Ex-Curator

R.I.P Calvin