Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: VI2 - Dominion of Britannia Released

Default Re: VI2 - Dominion of Britannia Released

1. The campaign script removes some population from certain settlements (depending on the player's faction) to make things more challenging, and some of those changes do not result in perfectly historically accurate results.

2. Not in a correct way that will not disadvantage the AI.

Why can't faction leader get regional titles? Shouldn't at least the Viking faction leaders be able to become king of Jorvik?

Because the regional lords are supposed to be vassals of the king, appointed by him. King of Jorvik isn't supposed to mean *King*, but rather 'Lord'.

The King of Jorvik was a king, althoug only a regional for most of the time. But for some time he ruled over Northumbria and Mercia, so he was a major power. But I see your point.
    The faction heir can get titles, and he still has his title as faction leader, is there a way to give the titkes to someone else?
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; August 28, 2010 at 09:59 AM.

Just put two characters in the same army (or settlement), click on the ancillary image in one's retinue and drag it over the other guy's card in the 'unit' list.

Oh, a question. Can you give more than one regional title to a lord? If yes, are there any side-effects?

You can give more than one anc, but he won't get the trait that gives the bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Just put two characters in the same army (or settlement), click on the ancillary image in one's retinue and drag it over the other guy's card in the 'unit' list.
    And the trait will also change?

Yes, of course, traits will 'follow' the ancs, with a turn's delay (because they are calculated at turn's end).

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by TW-fanboy View Post
    2) Is there a way to make the AI use shieldwalls? Because in my games, the ai never used it.
    in VI2/DOB AI doesnt use the shield wall, but in NI and ATW it does, and about vikingers i think they have higher stats or at least higher moral in NI,´there is als in NI shield wall ability for regular unarmored spearman and a lot of other unit improvements(there is also more units for the saxons and welsh) i think it would be great if somebody add the improvemens from NI(including the battle enviromnt) to Dob or any other version of VI2

The www.thefourthage.org. is down, where can i take DoB?

Thanks

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Downloading now.
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Reidy's Avatar Let ε<0...

Hi, I'm trying to download this submod but all the links I can find are dead ends. I'm trying to install it onto my mac so I need the .rar version, but both the fourthage and gamefront links are down. Can anyone provide an alternative link?

Under the rather spiffing patronage of Justinian.
    Grandson of some fellow named the Black Prince.

Link updated.

Reidy's Avatar Let ε<0...

Yay works great now thanks!! Must say it's an impressive mod

Under the rather spiffing patronage of Justinian.
    Grandson of some fellow named the Black Prince.

After a long busy year I finely have found some time to play some TW. Your two great mods are still on my laptop so I thought let's hack myself through some shieldwalls with my battle axe and gain some glory and richness.

But that was not that simple. I find myself soon broke because I start my faction (mercians, danes) with big MINUS profits. I have to disband my whole army to balance the books and stick with my expensive fleet that I cannot disband because I have no harbor.

What is going on? I cannot remember it being that difficult to start off a campaign: running out of money in two turns and see my debt built up by a thousand more every turn.

Is my script messed up by some other mod that I had on my computer once (I only use modfoldered mods)? I do not find any info about this in the player guide.

Something else:
    I once found this nice historical novel: - William the Conqueror by John Wingate - (1983) in a used bookstore.
    Really good read to get in the mood for NI or VI.

Btw. I cannot download DOB from the filefront links. My browser will shut down.
    Last edited by William the Silent; November 14, 2012 at 06:12 AM.

Mercia is kind of hard at the beginning (the kingdom was in decline). You'll have to use your existing armies, plus what you can recruit at the beginning, to expand. Once you've taken 1-2 settlements (and lost some soldiers in the process) you'll start making money again. If they survive the first turns, Mercia can become quite rich.
    You can aslo read this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=259568

Gamefront is playing up for some reason. The files are there, but the 'download' button is replaced by an error message screen if you don't click on it quickly. At least that's what happens on Firefox. What browser are you using?

It happens on Internet Explorer and MSN explorer. I guess all browsers.
    Sometimes I get to the download box, but then it will tell me that the file cannot be found.

I guess these download sites have their legal issues screwing them up.

Is it not possible to use the same download link as "Vikings and Fanatics" has? I had no problem there.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2979
    Last edited by William the Silent; November 14, 2012 at 06:56 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast