Thread: [TATW AAR] For Gondor's Glory!

Default [TATW AAR] For Gondor's Glory!

Intro

Intro As I was looking out of the window, the old capital of our kingdom was visible in the distance.
    Even though not much of its former glory remained, as the city had been destroyed by many years of war it still filled me with a sense of pride and hope.
    We had kept the enemy at bay there for many years and our resistance would not crumble soon.
    My father often told me and my brother about the glorious battles he had fought there when he was just a soldier, the last one being two years ago.
    I could still remember him riding out, second in command, besides the steward of Gondor.

That night me, my brother and my mother watched the city burn in the distance.
    That same fire burned in our hearts, as we feared for my father’s life.
    It was not until two days after that fearful night that the first message came from the city of Osgiliath.
    Our army was in control of the western part of the city, but they had failed in liberating the eastern bank. Then the herald told us the most dire of news,
    Turgon, the steward of Gondor had fallen in battle along with many of our greatest warriors.
    It was my father who had taken control of the army and took the western section of the city.
    Even though the fight was hard and brutal as the forces of Mordor were determined to hold the city, he and the other men had come out triumphant.
    For this he received the title of General of the Gondorian army.

Tomorrow will be the first day that I would serve in this army and I would be stationed in the part of the city that my father had claimed.
    I would not be alone among those soldiers who were unknown to me, as my childhood friend Davidel would join me.
    Together we would stand guard against evil and protect the glory of the white city, for it was our duty as men of Gondor.
    But it laid heavy on my heart that I would be separated from my loved one, Carofine.
    She was a beautiful woman with clear marks of númenorean blood that ran through her.
    It was for her that I would fight, to keep her safe, so that one day I could return and make her my wife.
    Last edited by Ratbag; May 28, 2009 at 12:04 PM.
    | "I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it." |

My Workshop |The Graphics Workshop| Critic's Quill |Imperium Graecorum

Hallow's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [TATW AAR] For Gondor's Glory!

Very nice, looking forward to some updates
    "Romans regarded peace not as an absence of war, but the rare situation that existed when all opponents had been beaten down and lost the ability to resist."

Aeglos's Avatar Civis

Default Re: [TATW AAR] For Gondor's Glory!

Good start. Well written. I'm looking forward to reading more.